RDHGP S4 - Testing event - 15th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer_testing.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC76 League Cars (skinpack to follow)
Track: Paul Ricard 88 / Paul Ricard 75 / Snetterton 64
Practice: 15 mins
Qualification: 10 mins
Race: 6 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

No entry list or sign up required.

LOL! I got stuck on that mound that runs along the track (snetterton) and I could not get OFF!! I had to quit the race.

Thank god this is just testing and not a league race, that would have sucked!

i made an embarresing mistake in the start of the 3rd race. i am realy sorry for that and appolegize to the guys i hit. .

That would be me then :p, no worries Amir m8,it wasnt really about racing tonight anyway,just a nice gathering of overly good looking cars shaking things down in preperation for when it all matters ;) :good:.
Im sure when its for real some of the driving standards will be improved,its a GTL trait :).
Overall i had a very nice trial run out in the most lovely 2Tone car,it took until race2 and i was good to go,this league is going to be a classic :).

Cheers Thommo & RD

I'm not well enough to race but the season ahead does look like it might be a great one.

Sam

We are all hoping you can get yourself well enough to race again very soon Sam, it is not quite the same without you showing the way up front. Best wishes mate.

Sorry I had to miss the testing event, I'm having a few little health issues too at the moment. This getting old is no fun. :wilt:

Well I hung about and started all 3 races without qualifying to save energy, seemed to work a treat, hehe, was fun driving through the pack, 3 decent races, apart from one or 2 laggy drivers making passing a bit hit or miss sometimes, maybe stick an addendum on the regs to tell everyone to use ISDN setting for the game Stuart?

Sam

Thanks all for a lovely evening! Seeing such a big grid thunder down the straights just slap a big grin on my face:)

I didn't qualify the first two events. I really didn't want to cause any damage with my poor connection (lost connection two times today, but both in either qualy or practice). The races was all about dodging cars and driving the car at 90%). Very fun to see so many cars:) Also fun chasing David Cuthill.

I decided to qualify in the last race as my connection seemed to be more stable now. Managed 2nd on the grid, side by side Leszek. The mid-engined 906 was quicker off the line so I stole first from him.

Then followed some good laps with Leszek's CSL being bigger and bigger in my mirrors. I went on the grass with 2 wheels at one point and that meant Lezsek had more momentum down the straight to the hairpin. He did a very clean and controlled pass:good: After that I suffered with Leszek's lag and an emergency brake at turn 1 ended my battle with him. Was good while it lasted Leszek:)

Back on track I was 5th and cruised home in that position.

The 906 was perfection today. I have never experienced such detailed steering and pinpoint handling before. What a piece of art this car is:worship:

Thanks to Stuart and RD. This league will surely be something special

Great evening guys i am glad i have joined the league. :good:

The races all went well. Quit of pace in Qualification but i don't know the in and outs get of the Vette, and i am not a hot lap driver. :)

First race went oke but me steering wheel was doing weird things. Spinned in the last corner of the last lap so ended 12th i think.

Had fixed my steering wheel. And was for 10 seconds in the server and i lost connection to the host. Don't know what was wrong but after that no problems

Race 2 was really a blast. The Vette is real quick of the line and i got 3 or 4 places with it. Had a good race with some minor mistakes most of all under braking. But it was real cool to see a car behind me crawling towards me in the slow corners but if there was a straight behind it i just stepped on the gas and i saw the car behind me becoming smaller. :D

Race 3. Crazy start lots of people spinning wich resulted in a tap from behind and causes me to spin aswell. But had a good race got a nice consistency in the last 4 laps and had a nice battle with Gary i think. To bad he crashed into the bridge with a together with a BMW i think.

Overall a good test event for me. I still need to learn the car but overall it's very cool to drive. Can't wait for the first race. Thanks guys for racing and Stuart for the event and a nice battle in race 2 and almost a battle in race 3. :wink2:

Edit:

Stuart in the results it says that my car is a GTC65. :)

R1: embarrassing race for me, at T1 I tapped David, then mistake which send me to the back of the field, trying to recover I made some more contacts with help from lags, sorry guys :embarrassed:

R2: this was perfect as I was able to do earlier little practice on this track with Sam so PP, FL and P1 with some action on first lap with Steven :victory:

R3: I didn't manage in qualy lap I expected but only at start I realized how funny grid we have there :p little contact with Peter prevented me to manage anything better than P3 but it was good race chasing Steven

expect the first race I had great time so I'm looking forward for the first league race :gimme:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%