RDHGP S4 - Testing event - 15th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer_testing.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC76 League Cars (skinpack to follow)
Track: Paul Ricard 88 / Paul Ricard 75 / Snetterton 64
Practice: 15 mins
Qualification: 10 mins
Race: 6 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

No entry list or sign up required.

Need to do some practice. I am new to Legends and need to get rid of some GTR Evo/Rfactor/iracing habits. Like late on the brakes and turning hard. That doesn't work at all in Legends and i like that because i need to "learn" to drive again. :)

NOTE TO ALL RDHGP DRIVERS

The password for this event will not be the normal Racing Club password.

The correct password will ONLY be supplied in your GPCOS control centre, so you will need to register in GPCOS to be able to drive this, or any other, League event.

Need to do some practice. I am new to Legends and need to get rid of some GTR Evo/Rfactor/iracing habits. Like late on the brakes and turning hard. That doesn't work at all in Legends and i like that because i need to "learn" to drive again. :)

Good thinking Ivo, and there are quite a few "other habits" that I have seen people do in GTRE that I hope never transfer to our GTL community too.

I'm not referring to you here Ivo, but I'm sure you know what I mean. :bump2: :fencing:

:wink: :whistle: :D

The same here m8, my first starts and totally first league on this sim, you are right is much different then GTR Evo, so it is big challenge to us.

NOTE TO ALL RDHGP DRIVERS

The password for this event will not be the normal Racing Club password.

The correct password will ONLY be supplied in your GPCOS control centre, so you will need to register in GPCOS to be able to drive this, or any other, League event.

OK, so I went and opened an account in the GPCOS website. Now what? I don't know what to do next. I guess I am supposed to join a league? Sorry for my noobness:sorry:

OK, so I went and opened an account in the GPCOS website. Now what? I don't know what to do next. I guess I am supposed to join a league? Sorry for my noobness:sorry:
Hi Carlos,

Go here and have a look around: http://forum.racedepartment.com/rd-historic-grand-prix/

Then if you still want to join us in the League, go here and sign up (after choosing your car, of course): http://forum.racedepartment.com/rd-historic-grand-prix/22891-rdhgp-s4-sign-up-thread.html

OK, as it stands, the following people have entered sign-ups, but NOT done their GPCOS yet, and so won't be able to participate on Thursday, as they won't know the password.

Simon Bacon
Stuart Neal
Matt Crouch
Jay Adgie
ummagumma (waiting on full RC application).

Some I know the reasons for their non-processing up to this point, some I don't.

But the following people HAVE done their GPCOS, and will be able to participate (in car number ascending order).

Ulli Haus
David Cuthill
Krzysztof Babij
Warren Dawes
Gary Lennon
Peter Gog
Steven Palmer
Sam J Simpson
Piotr Misiorek
Tom Wilson
Bert Van Waes
Stuart Thomson
Carlos Diaz
Nigel Atkins
Ben Tusting
Predrag Drobac
Kris Leeten
Amir Margalit
Ryan Callan
Peter Duivelaar
Knut Omdal Tveito
Ivo Simons
Jari Vinnari
Hans Sneep

So, if the non-GPCOS-ers do their sign ups, we are at a very healthy potential field of 29, and that's not allowing for any more late joiners.

I will be posting up v1.0 of the skinpack tomorrow (Sun 11th Oct). If you sign up between tomorrow and Wednesday, and want to use a 3rd party skin, you will have to wait until v1.1 of the skinpack for that skin to be included. You can still drive the testing event, but you will need to use one of the other non-claimed skins still remaining available in the v1.0 pack.

Please note - Wednesday evening (14th Oct) 23.00 Ldn Time is the last time I will be accepting or processing ANY sign-ups or users in GPCOS before the Testing Event.

I will not even consider looking at anyone's application on Thursday, so I can prepare for the testing myself and not get caught up in a barrage of PM's with 5 minutes to go to event start, so if you aren't ready by Wednesday, you'll have to miss the event I'm afraid, and I'll process your sign-up & GPCOS etc from Friday 16th onwards.

I haven't tried the other two tracks, but I am getting random lock ups on PR1975. Complete lockups, not CTD, would be better if they were CTDs.
I have tried all kinds of different graphics settings and nothing. I even tried different DX levels (like DX7). I hope I don't have these problems with any of the league tracks:damnit:

My PC:
Phenom 8400
3GB DDR2
ATI HD3870

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%