RDHGP S4 - Testing event - 15th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer_testing.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC76 League Cars (skinpack to follow)
Track: Paul Ricard 88 / Paul Ricard 75 / Snetterton 64
Practice: 15 mins
Qualification: 10 mins
Race: 6 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

No entry list or sign up required.

Oh thanks Ulli. I will check out the Nexus.

When I prepared for RDHGP S3 I learned heal and toeing. I was driving the Alpine A110. The engine is in the back so it was quite dangerous under braking.

At first i was much slower round the track and the first mistake I did was to apply too little braking force with right foot. I also used much more throttle than I needed. Only a small dab was enough. And of course I focused all my concentration on the footwork so my racing lines were all over the place. But at the end of the first day I was 2s faster than I was before.

Its all about practice though. Practice, practice and more practice until it feels as natural as turning the steering wheel. Its also very important to use the clutch for each downshift, at least in the start when its harder to match the revs.

Now I use heel and toe for both downshifting and when braking in-gear. Lets say I approach a hairpin in 2nd gear and the rear steps out. Just a little dab on the throttle with my little toe will bring the rear in.

I find it extremely rewarding but very difficult too. But it does require lots of practice.

I feel all left out. All I can do is finger and fingering. Sounds quite dirty :D

You are not alone buddy, I have a logitech gamepad that resembles a dual shock playstation 2 controller.

Funny thing is, a few weeks ago I went out and got me a Logitech Momo wheel and pedals (pic below) and even though I got pretty good with it, I am still faster on every track and car with the pad!! LOL!

I guess I have been using my thumbs for much too long, I'm at the point of no return, hehe.

base_media

• Bert Van Waes

Now I use heel and toe for both downshifting and when braking in-gear. Lets say I approach a hairpin in 2nd gear and the rear steps out. Just a little dab on the throttle with my little toe will bring the rear in.

I find it extremely rewarding but very difficult too. But it does require lots of practice.

Lol, i do almost exactly the same Knut, and it also happend on S3 here, haaha... :)
From the worst driver to a ending spot in the season in 6th place... I have to say heel/toe did a pretty big thing there.
But again, all cars are so different, and the BMW is a whole new learning pack.

The only thing i do different is when i brake in gear. I quickly switch the feet from position and start to do left foot braking. But you're wright, you don't need that much throttle, so maybe the toe...:question:

Could be faster, your way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years