RDHGP S3 - Merged Race Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Welcome to the Race Department Historic Grand Prix (RDHGP)

The RDHGP League staff welcome you to the 2009 RDHGP season.

We are using a selected field of 5 cars conforming to the FIA GTC65 specifications & regulations. The season will run over 8 races, 7 races over a distance of 100km, plus the season finale over a distance of 200km. The 100km races will be run on alternating Thursdays commencing 7th May, with the season finale running on Saturday 8th August.

While by it’s very nature, the League environment is more competitive than the Club environment, please remember what makes the GTL Club so unique – our consideration for all other competitors at all times. Let’s try and carry this tradition of clean, fun and considerate racing over into a League environment.

RDHGP_Mond.jpg

Circuit Notes

Ireland’s Mondello Park was opened in 1968, the original 1.3km track being extended to 1.9km for the following season for what we know as the “National” circuit layout. The track was extended in 1998 to 3.5km – the “International” circuit.

The RDHGP, due it’s prestige, unique format and exotic blend of vehicle, will be using the 2.8km “Intermediate” layout, which has not been used for car racing since 2000. We thank Mondello Park for re-opening this rarely used layout for us.

RDHGP_Mondmap.gif

The Race Director has some notes for drivers. Please see the track map above for location of Race Direction note:-

1. The Start / Finish straight is fairly narrow, and the pitlane exit can be quite tricky. It would be unreasonable and unfeasible to expect drivers at the race start to avoid the pitlane exit. Therefore, the Race Director has the following finding:
    The Pit Exit is usable only at the race start (defined by the Go signal until the completion of Corner 1, Lap 1 by the last runner) as normal racetrack and thereafter, for avoidance purposes only. Drivers using it as their habitual line will face penalty.

2. The Esses have a tyre wall that can, if impacted, throw the affected car across the track, potentially into the path of following cars. Other areas of the track tend to send you away from the track rather than back across it, which is why this one is being mentioned.

3. The Pitlane Entrance is immediately beyond a fast, accelerating turn. If you are intending to pit and you have a car close behind you who you think is not going to pit, you will need to be careful when and how you brake for the Pitlane. Similarly, if you are following a car closely through this turn, you will need to be aware of the possibility of them pitting.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties

As this is round 1 there are no outstanding Incidents, Investigations nor Penalties.
Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, 24 hour cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

The RDHGP will not be running the virtual license format adopted by the RDTCC. Incidents will be treated on a case-by-case basis, and punishments dispensed on the merits (or not) of the complaint. The League Staff reserve the right to remove any driver from the league if a pattern of infringement becomes apparent. League Staff decisions on penalties are final and not subject to appeal.

Liveries

You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHGP event. We are using the default liveries only in RDHGP.

Competitors Summary

Attached to this briefing, you will find the summary for all competitors that have registered for this league. This reflects the driver registered in GPCOS, not the sign up thread. This will show their name, nationality, vehicle choice, number and livery. This is for reference only and will not change to reflect performance or attendance. As drivers register in GPCOS, the chart will be updated.

GPCOS will be the tool for defining attendance and record keeping.

entries.gif

• Andrew Evans

arf arf arf!

distinct possibility... it's the only track on the calendar i've never driven on.... and so naturally i wasted my prep evening last night dicking around in 3dsmax and watching the apprentice.... :rockheavy:

Same thing happened to me Knut - total failure on my cable broadband and TV.

It's all fine this morning though, so should be good :D

Yeah I'm inordinately excited about tonight, and tbh, as long as it's not a complete "driving into a wall, catching fire" escapade, I'm not too fussed about the result.

• Bert Van Waes

I'm gonna test some more too, god this ferrari is hard to tune:giggle:

At Stuart, I saw I wasn't on the list yet, but i did everything in the
GPCOS center. I'm registered as a single driver but it needs to be confirmed yet, "it need to be considered". I allocated as well:)...

And at everybody, some tips for the Ferrari? lol

Greets

The grid in the top post is NOT the official entry list,Bert - that's GPCOS. The top grid is just a quick reference thing.

If you're accepted in GPCOS, and allocated - you're in :good:

I'll be updating the driver / car / livery grid tonight before the race, though.

talked to my internet supplayer. there is a general problem and that's why i can't conect to the server. such a shame. i'll try to make it but probably the race is over for me. have fun all. wish i could join.
edit: evertything fine for now

• Matt Crouch

ararghhgkjhglfkdlsh,dh;nl

Some barstool in my house seems to think that whenever I have a league race I'm not allowed to have a normal internet connection. It only ever happens on league races. I've either had lag or had to block other people from the router in every one. It was fine right up until the official practice started. Spent most of practice and some of quali trying to sort out who it was, still slightly up and down during the race and spent more time looking at my ping than the track, then someone goes and reboots the router after a couple of laps just in the middle of an overtake :doh:

hope it didn't affect anyone's race :( tempted to buy a router with some QoS features and stick it in in place of the current one...

edit: typically my ping is back to normal now shortly before the end of the event

• Bert Van Waes

Yeah!!!

That's how my 1st race of the season went, wow what a blast this was.

I ended up thirteen, wich is not that bad i think. The whole race i was swinging from 10th to 16th to finally climb back up there. Two overtakes and others pitting was the cause off ending up 13th. Some great battles with the austins out there.

What my biggest queston is though? will someone make videos from the races this season? Would be awesome:good::skywalker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 292 27.6%