RDHGP S3 - Merged Race Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Welcome to the Race Department Historic Grand Prix (RDHGP)

The RDHGP League staff welcome you to the 2009 RDHGP season.

We are using a selected field of 5 cars conforming to the FIA GTC65 specifications & regulations. The season will run over 8 races, 7 races over a distance of 100km, plus the season finale over a distance of 200km. The 100km races will be run on alternating Thursdays commencing 7th May, with the season finale running on Saturday 8th August.

While by it’s very nature, the League environment is more competitive than the Club environment, please remember what makes the GTL Club so unique – our consideration for all other competitors at all times. Let’s try and carry this tradition of clean, fun and considerate racing over into a League environment.

RDHGP_Mond.jpg

Circuit Notes

Ireland’s Mondello Park was opened in 1968, the original 1.3km track being extended to 1.9km for the following season for what we know as the “National” circuit layout. The track was extended in 1998 to 3.5km – the “International” circuit.

The RDHGP, due it’s prestige, unique format and exotic blend of vehicle, will be using the 2.8km “Intermediate” layout, which has not been used for car racing since 2000. We thank Mondello Park for re-opening this rarely used layout for us.

RDHGP_Mondmap.gif

The Race Director has some notes for drivers. Please see the track map above for location of Race Direction note:-

1. The Start / Finish straight is fairly narrow, and the pitlane exit can be quite tricky. It would be unreasonable and unfeasible to expect drivers at the race start to avoid the pitlane exit. Therefore, the Race Director has the following finding:
    The Pit Exit is usable only at the race start (defined by the Go signal until the completion of Corner 1, Lap 1 by the last runner) as normal racetrack and thereafter, for avoidance purposes only. Drivers using it as their habitual line will face penalty.

2. The Esses have a tyre wall that can, if impacted, throw the affected car across the track, potentially into the path of following cars. Other areas of the track tend to send you away from the track rather than back across it, which is why this one is being mentioned.

3. The Pitlane Entrance is immediately beyond a fast, accelerating turn. If you are intending to pit and you have a car close behind you who you think is not going to pit, you will need to be careful when and how you brake for the Pitlane. Similarly, if you are following a car closely through this turn, you will need to be aware of the possibility of them pitting.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties

As this is round 1 there are no outstanding Incidents, Investigations nor Penalties.
Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, 24 hour cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

The RDHGP will not be running the virtual license format adopted by the RDTCC. Incidents will be treated on a case-by-case basis, and punishments dispensed on the merits (or not) of the complaint. The League Staff reserve the right to remove any driver from the league if a pattern of infringement becomes apparent. League Staff decisions on penalties are final and not subject to appeal.

Liveries

You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHGP event. We are using the default liveries only in RDHGP.

Competitors Summary

Attached to this briefing, you will find the summary for all competitors that have registered for this league. This reflects the driver registered in GPCOS, not the sign up thread. This will show their name, nationality, vehicle choice, number and livery. This is for reference only and will not change to reflect performance or attendance. As drivers register in GPCOS, the chart will be updated.

GPCOS will be the tool for defining attendance and record keeping.

entries.gif

Great race, started out bad with a jump start, so i had a stop/go from the get go...

To make things worse i spinned into the hairpin downhill and touched somebody, going off together with him. Sorry for that...

Did the stop/go and from there it was a catch up from last to eventually 7th. I passed alot off pitters in the second half and the last one was Amir. So if i'm right i ended the champ in 6th position. Woot woot, i'm happy with that:woot2:

I really loved this season, my first one as well. And i still would like to show that by making the reports of the past ones i still haven(t come around to do and the one for this race, if that's still possible off course.

A big tx to indeed our Sir Stuart Thomson, and to all off the fellow vintage racedrivers racing along with me. These were the cleanest meanest most difficult races i had. But boy does that pay off at the end.

TX Stu and RD!! you guys rock!
bert that somebody you hit was me. plz be more carefull next time.

Thanks Stuart for a great season. Thanks to all you fellas for fantastic driving.:handshake:
Haven't worked out where I may have finished overall, but tonight....P6. Said since Donny I thought I could get a P8 out of the Ferrari so I'm completely made up with this. Finally the old girl felt fantastic to drive, loved every minute of it. Even took a photo of it in it's prime......

GTL 2009-08-08 23-00-05-98.jpg

Crap report I know - 6th though.....6th:woot2:

Once again big thanks to Mr T. for making this all possible:beer:

Simon :)

bert that somebody you hit was me. plz be more carefull next time.

And the somebody you hit 3 times at the Mondello event was me. So let's not go down the "who hit whom" and "who should be careful" recriminations path, eh?

We've all hit a few people, we've all been hit by a few people. None of it was deliberate, was it?

We've just finished a good league, so let's not worry about stuff like this.

• Bert Van Waes

i can only say brakes locked up at the rear when downshifting to second, she was already sideways when i hit you Amir. Terribly sorry because i was the whole season fighting good fights with you...

Which was entirely my point, Steve.

All I was saying was that we've all been in incidents: some we caused, some we got on the wrong end of through no fault of our own, but I just don't like and don't want any finger pointing.

Especially about stuff that's dead and gone when there's been 1 single incident report across the entire league, I didn't really think Bert warranted being singled out for any sort of admonishment.

Gratz Jari, Peter & Steven. (2 Alpines on the podium at Spa, impressive)

Q. Reached a new PB in the Alpine: 2.57.9 -> 9th position.
R. Short report: Got a very good first laps where as in lap 2 I was in 5th position :) But slowly lost ground (and finally positions) to Steven (lap 3), then Knut (lap 7) and then Peter (lap 8) who recovered from his spin. 3 laps further the havoc began: made a spin after eau Rouge and crushed my suspension. I have never felt the Alpine drive this bad (I couldn't keep it straight on the straight :() which resulted in the most stupid S&G (drove 2m. with 2 wheels on the dirt on the straight :() So first pit in for the S&G, tried to struggle round for 1 more lap and then pitted in for some repair-works as I wouldn't have survived Eau-rouge 1 more time with this wrecked car. Didn't know the repairs were going to take this much time: laptime lap 15: 6.15 :(

Deadlast I started chassing. As I had plenty of time in the pits I was completely recovered (Nicotine-level refilled as well :) ) Kept driving 3.00 -3.01 laptimes but the distance was to great. Started with 120 sec diff with Stu and ended with 26 sec gap. Intense driving without results - though Bert was in sight for several laps and I was able to unlap myself for a few moments. Damned those marshals for that stupid S&G (not to mention the crushed suspension and that lazy pit-crew again :) )

I see a 29Mb Spa file in my replay folder so I should have a replay this time (small comfort).

A very big thank you to Stuart & RD for organizing this prestigious gentlemen league.

Of course there wouldn't have been a league without all you guys practising, qualifying and racing these cars to the limit! Thanks guys!

Edit: An extra thank you for all the backmarkers with whom I had most off my battles.

First of all thank you Stuart and RD for this great championship, and for keeping this game alive! Thanks for all guys who participated, I hope you enjoyed as much as I did, and we'll meet in the next one.

I'd like to give the half of the title to Ben, who was the best driver of this league, and for me he is the real champion! Great drive Ben, and more luck for the next one!

Congratulations to Jari and Peter! Outstanding drive with Alpine & Shelby!

Thank you all - see you next time.

Spa,last race of the league:
Some strange sings happened when I logged in to Multiplayer ,when I was in the garage i saw my of line profile Erik ,logged out no online profile anymore?
Quit GTL , make profile again start GTL again good not logged in (wrong name/passw) and on and on after 3 or 4 times it worked .

This was the second time it happened,anybody an idea?
So start pract.wheel not working, have to do it all over, adjust settings for my wheel,bugger 9 min left in pract.just enough to look of everything still working.
Quali on P14,start the race .

Not a good beginning of the last round of the league,my back is hurting a lot can't stand straight even sitting hearts,so 200K is a long sit, did take a long pitstop for repair and fuel and for myself, getting a bonus S/G for speeding in the pitlane entrench .

Ended the race with 2 laps down on place 12 ,to my own surprise.
Finished the league on place 18 with 19 points,so a lot better then my first league with 0 points,

All en all ,I have had a great time during this league with all of you guys,looking forward to the next league.
Thanks to Stuart for setting this up ,grats to Peter for winning this League.

Hans

Sorry I had to miss the last round at Spa, but congratulations to Peter Gog for his second GTL League win. Well done to Jari and Peter D too.
Special mention to Stuart for his planning and organisation for this League, great effort mate, you deserve all the accolades for keeping GTL alive and kicking at RD, and I hope we will see some more of the League participants joining in some of our GTL Racing Club events as well.

Commendations to all who competed in this League, the spirit was excellent and showed that Leagues can be fun, and clean, as well as being competitive. Even us guys down the back had many memorable times and a few laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%