RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

• Andy Marsden

If the server situation isn't resolved shortly we may have to postpone the league start until something is sorted. Yoeri you want to join me in a PM chat about this to come up with a work-around?

Andy

Connection issues

Hi all, how can I find out what the minimum connection requirements are ?

I am using a really silly cell phone dial up connection, will that work or am I wasting my time?

Also, where can I find out how we all connect to that race at the precise time and are on the grid at the start. Please excuse my ignorance, I have not raced online before, only at home with AI.

• Andy Marsden

Minimum connection requirements will be on the game case for GTL. Generally speaking though a dial-up connection is never recommended for online gaming anymore as it can be very slow for you and also affect other people on the server.
As for the connection time, we use the ingame multiplayer lobby for GTL. The event starts at 1800GMT so the easiest thing to do is find out what you are in relation to GMT (including any daylight saving time) and go from there.
Also please make sure you have signed up for the league via GPCOS.
Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions if you are still stuck :thumb:

Andy

Hi, thanks for the response.

This pretty much settles it for me, I'll just be a driver in waiting then :)

I have signed up at GPCOS - just waiting for confirmation.

You see, I don't have proper internet at home and only use my phone as a modem when I need something urgently - It sucks, will have to get a proper connection soon.

Thanks for clearing up the lobby thing, as I have never used online racing in GTL - it makes perfect sense now.

There is one other question.
What kind of bandwisth is used for online racing, what costs are incurred - that sort of thing ?

Hi, thanks for the response.

This pretty much settles it for me, I'll just be a driver in waiting then :)

I have signed up at GPCOS - just waiting for confirmation.

You see, I don't have proper internet at home and only use my phone as a modem when I need something urgently - It sucks, will have to get a proper connection soon.

Thanks for clearing up the lobby thing, as I have never used online racing in GTL - it makes perfect sense now.

There is one other question.
What kind of bandwisth is used for online racing, what costs are incurred - that sort of thing ?
I'm not sure about what bandwidth, I guess it varies per person. Make sure you set your ingame connection option to ISDN, regardless of what you really use.

One question left, first Race needs two PIT-STOPS right ????

Full tank is only 12 laps !!

Hansje :)
You must make at least 1 Pit Stop per event in which you change tyres and tank any desired amount of fuel. However if you are fond of pitbabes, then making 25 pit stops is allowed as well. :becky:

Will fuel useage vary much between all the different cars?,is car choice being done soon?.
We will see your choice when you enter the server. After that, there is no turning back. :wink:

• Andy Marsden

Car choice post will be up soon, all GPCOS registered drivers will be required to reply in this post.

Andy

• Andy Marsden

You're welcome mate :)
Thats a good idea Hansje, someone needs to keep the pitbabes occupied until I finish the race......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back