RDHGP S1 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Very good accounting of the race Warren & others. I, unfortunately had to go out of town (damn work), so I couldn't participate in the race. I do have internet access when out of town, but it is extremely slow so I would not try to race over it. I am hoping to be in town for the final race of the season. It should be a fun run (gotta love Spa, what a track!). One last blast for the Falcon then it's up for sale as a slightly used demo model.:eek:

So the results are finally captured after a long downtime of our GTL server. The motherboard was replaced and we can reach it again now.

Results will be up in one hour!

Edit: results are there, sorry for the delay guys!

Pre-Qualification Results for Spa-Francorchamps

RSC TC-65 League
1 Rik Saeys || Ford Falcon 02:55.807 || 2008/03/03
2 Kari Nyman || Alfa Romeo GTA 02:57.952 +2.145 || 2008/03/04
3 Esa Kuusisto || Alfa Romeo GTA 02:59.515 +3.708 || 2008/03/03
4 David Cuthill || Alfa Romeo GTA 02:59.736 +3.929 || 2008/03/04
5 Warren Dawes || Austin Mini Cooper S 03:00.264 +4.457 || 2008/03/04
6 Eck Simpson || Lotus Cortina 03:02.432 +6.625 || 2008/03/03
7 Nebojsa Stajic || Alfa Romeo GTA 03:03.760 +7.953 || 2008/03/04
8 Jerome Benard || Ford Mustang 03:05.489 +9.682 || 2008/03/04
9 Mike Shaw || Ford Falcon 03:11.530 +15.723 || 2008/03/04

Absent
-

Rik Saeys wins FIA-TC-65 League 2008.1 (Season One)

After 6 exciting events in the classical cars of TC-65 class Rik Saeys took the championship for the Simjunkies team with the Ford Falcon. Having secured the championship title already in Anderstop Saeys had a tension-free run on Spa and wrapped this season up with his 3rd season-win.

The runner up is Dion Holzheimer (Sinmjunkies), also in a Falcon and the last podium position was claimed by Erik Ahlen in his Alfa Romea GTA.

Congratulations guys!

Full results here

Congrats Rik, with this achievement! Also kudos to the rest of the podium finishers. Big thanks as well to all who entered our first GTL league!

Hope to see you all in a next season!

Grats Rik, a most worthy champion. Also to Dion and Erik, for completing the championship podium. Congratulations gents.

I'll start my report with an apology to all, for my outburst on lap two. Atleast I didn't swear.. thats no real consolation, I know. I truelly am sorry.

The race started very well, I made atleast one position before Eau Rouge. I made another going up the Kemmel Straight (just incase gents, I'm looking these up as I type... lol). I then followed a group of Alfas, all the way to Blanchimont, while they tried (in vain, for the time being) to wreck one another. They eventually succeeded, at Blanchimont and I made my way through the wreckage.
After making quite a few spots, that I knew I'd eventually have to give back (the Alfas being quicker), I was feeling quite good with my progress, so far..
On the run from the busstop to La Source, I was drafted by two of the recovering cars, they proceeded to try to outbrake, taking one another out again.
I'm no farther back, on the run up Kemmel again, but they're still there... not quite fast enough to make it past on top speed. I braked comfortably for Les Combes, only to be unceremoniously barged aside.
It seems they hadn't got it out of their systems, even on lap two.... lol.

Most of the rest of the race, was uneventful... until I parked myself broadside infront of the mighty atom (Warren, in his Mini) again... lol.
I finished, one place up on my start position, so not an entire waste of time... lol.

I'll repeat my line from the M3GTR league. My compliments, to both the organisers and my fellow racers. Well done and thankyou to all. I look forward to more of the same, in season two.... if there is one, and I'm allowed back... lol.

The season ends, with me being the first Cortina, the first Scot... and in the top ten... Can't see that happening again.... lol.

• Small_Fryz

Congratulations Rik! Well done mate!
Great job to Erik Ahlen for 3rd place. Good effort mate.

Thanks to RSC for organising the league as well! Kudos to you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%