RDHGP S1 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 5 : Anderstorp

Somebody needs to kick the reports off so I'll jump in.

I actually had a very enjoyble race, even though it was a bit rough in places and the poor old Mini came home looking very second hand again. This track produces some different racing, almost like two separate tracks. One huge straight for the big brutes to blast everyone away, and then all the tight bits where the nippy, better handling cars catch up again. In the Mini it was a case of watching the Falcons disappear down the straight, and then being held up by them in the tight bits. The problem is, how the hell do you pass a Falcon, they take up most of the track and are usually swaying their rear end over the other part. And if you do get past, they blow you away every time there is a straight section of any length.

Anyway, this race was very close, tight, and interesting for me. I qualified reasonably well and started from P12. Of course, the Mini was left sadly behind from the start gun, but the turn 2 massacres up front allowed me to move into the middle of the field. From then on, I had a huge scrap with Eck in a Cortina, Goran's Falcon, and the odd Alfa. It was so funny, we spent most of the race playing freight train stacked up behind Goran who was too quick in a straight line but we would all climb all over him on the bendy bits. Each one of us took turns trying to pass the Falcon but couldn't pull it off, so it kept us all very close indeed. At one stage, we even had Caspar's Falcon in the train, but of course he had the grunt to pass on the straight. Unfortunately, after working over Eck's Cortina for many laps and finally slipping past him, he got inside me on turn 1 and gave me gentle nudge off into the next airstrip. I managed to catch the freight train again, but this time Eck, Goran, and an Alfa had a coming together entering the final turn, resulting in Eck spinning right in front of me. Yep, slammed straight into him making the car even more second hand. It was getting very fierce towards the end as we all got more anxious to get through Goran, and I ended up tapping Nebojsa Stajic entering the turn into the start straight, but after looking at the replay I noticed that he had started spinning before I tapped him, so I don't feel so bad. Very sorry Nebosja.
At the end of a huge 25 lap battle, I brought the Mini home P10 (almost touching Goran's boot, side by side with Eck's Cortina, and Nebosja's Alfa in my boot), so a reasonable result. Really a fun race, but I bet we were all worn out by the end.

Thanks to all who raced. Looking at the replay, I see Rik put up a valiant effort in the Falcon trying to fend off a gaggle of Alfa's, but it looked like hard work after his tyres went off. I think this was definitely an Alfa track.
Congratulations to Kari who drove a great race for a well deserved win.

Have to put real mirrors on back again because cant see properly other car after passing. then maybe i wount be knocked off the track by falcon as it tent to be the case every time i dry to pass falcon. It's hard to get pass falcons, but it's not impossible. Last race i get lucky, because also other than god, notice my effort and give me that 1st position...However im not too happy the way i got it.

My first post, despite your message above (informing me, that you won't bite), I'm not feeling re-assured.... lol.

What can I add to Warrens' post?, possibly yet another apology... I'm truelly sorry Warren sir... lol.

Its all I seemed to do during the race, firstly to Goran and his mighty Falcon. I'm not sure how many times I nudged him, but it never seemed to phase him... I never did enough to stop him going about beating me...
Then, to Warren, even for ending up broadside infront of him.
But, for what seemed such an innocuous nudge (in comparison to some of the goings on), and the resulting trip to the next postcode. I don't think I can apologise enough...

Fun meeting you guys, Eck Warren and Goran.
It was a scary fight to get involved in, haha. :)

Attachments

• Warren and me..jpg
    Warren and me..jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 255
  • pfew.jpg
    pfew.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 236
Loool Caspar. That was so funny when you were blasting past down the straight, (piccy no.1).
All I was thinking at the time was "get out of his way and let him by". Unforunately, when I zigged you zagged so I almost put the poor little Mini under your massive great bumper. :eek:
Good thing that airstrip was nice and wide for you.
Then I course I started crying that it wasn't fair. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years