RDHCS S10 - Round 7 - 100km (30 laps) - Jarama 79 - Tue 21st May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
JARAMA.jpg

j.png

Track Briefing.

As you exit your Garage turn right, be aware of other cars leaving there boxes also. You drive on a long thin pit area to get on track the it open up onto the main straight.
You soon realise you are looking at lots of barriers on the track edge this is the case for most of the track so beware you don't want to pay them a visit.
At the end of the main straight you turn into T1 this does
have a run off area but you don't want to go there, quickly followed by T2 which is allot tighter and has a hight kurb on the outside which will unsettle you car so use with caution.
Its a quick blast to T3 a right hander that leads into a double left hander T4,T5 take it easy on the entrance as the exit has the high kurbs that again can unsettle your car.
As you approach the uphill right hander of T6 with its raised inside kurb with a bit of a banked corner and a kurb on the exit T7 is a left hander that needs to be taken as fast as you can to keep the speed up for the next straight into T8
the right hander that quickly leads you into T8,T9 another double right hander your now starting to go downhill to a kink that is T10.
We have to go steady we are about to enter a corner that will cause problems for some drivers trying to push that extra bit there is a run of area with T11,T12 and a nice barrier to finally stop you if you get it wrong.. this is maybe the tightest corner on the circuit and with its uphill exit its so important to get this correct it a maker or breaker comer of the circuit to get a good lap.
Now were on the final push to the end of the lap only 3 corners left the first is a right hander T13,T14 another double corner you need to get a good exit out of here to trying to keep you car stable and in a good postion for the last bend T15.
With this corner connecting up to the last bend T15 a fast flowing corner that will led you on to the start finish straight.

Please also be aware as with all the tracks, with having such a variety of cars with different characteristics they will be going through corners at different speeds, the lap times may be close but braking points may differ, cars will be later or earlier than you would expect on the brakes and this can catch us out .. So remember what your car needs to get it round the track and don't just follow the car in front.
As always drive safe and have fun
Just in case you missed it...
All Corners Without Exception – The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times. Again, there are NO exceptions to this rule at any point on the circuit. Any exception to this rule is deemed illegal, any advantage gained by this method must be ceded immediately. Report people deliberately and excessively cutting. The worst offenders from previous seasons have not signed up, so I hope that this will be a non-issue this season. This Rule has been in place the whole season

Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.
All points on the track – General Items
Drivers may put on their lights (and keep them on) during a timed qualification lap, so other drivers know to get out of the way when safe to do so.
No lights are to be used or flashed at any stage, under any circumstances, during the Race Session.
No Chat during the Quali or Race except by Race Control for information.
The Track must be re-entered safely so as not to ruin other peoples races.
Car damage must be assessed realistically to know if it is possible to make the pits or not.
Incidents, Investigations and Penalties

Bob Hutchins gets a verbal warning for a no show infraction

Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.) Accident reports made within 24 hours of race completion will be ignored.
Any accusations or complaints aired in the Chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. I simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.
Liveries
You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHCS event. Every driver has a unique livery in this season of RDHCS.
Reporting Attendance
I will be sending a PM with the round password to all Signed-Up drivers. I will also be running an “Attendance” post. If you are definitely driving, you need to “like” the post. If you are NOT driving (or if you are unsure of attendance) you must post a reply to say so. If there is no response, or if a response is posted after 2 hours before Event start time (ie 1800 London time) on race day, it will be treated as a "will attend" status, and any absence will be deemed a No-Show. 2 No-Shows will mean removal from the league.
Scoring System
Points are scored down to P25 (75% distance completion required) so people can fight for some points no matter where they are on the track, and hopefully have a season long battle with people around them in the League.
The Distribution is as follows for 100km events :
P01 – 30 pts
P02 - 27
P03 - 25
P04 - 23
P05 - 21
P06 - 20
P07 - 19
P08 - 18
P09 - 17
P10 - 16
P11 - 15
P12 - 14
P13 - 13
P14 - 12
P15 - 11
P16 - 10
P17 - 9
P18 - 8
P19 - 7
P20 - 6
P21 - 5
P22 - 4
P23 - 3
P24 - 2
P25 - 1
1 point for fastest race lap
1 point for qualifying on Pole

:mad::(
My PC crashed, with just 4 or 5 laps left... and me running in 5th all comfy and well.. ARRGGHHH!!
The first time ever it did that during a race..

And the second last time as well.. 'cos if it ever does that again I'll throw it out the window. That's how disappointed I feel ATM. And mind you, the PC is on the 3rd floor...

Grats to the winner and podium finishers. And THX all, it was fun while it lasted...

[EDIT] After a night's sleep:sleep: I've calmed down quite a bit. In fact, if this would happen again, I'd now probably open the window first before throwing it out.:D [/EDIT]

My game crashed just after finishing, better than just before I guess :) Had a great battle with Dmytro and Ross, no way past Dmytro. Great driving not making a mistake :thumbsup: In the final lap Ross did a little risky attempt on Dmytro which had Dmytro spinning and Ross having to wait, letting me by into 1st. Happy with 1st but shame it had to happen this way.
Grats Leszek and Dmytro (I think), and thanks all for racing. See you next time

My game crashed just after finishing, better than just before I guess :) Had a great battle with Dmytro and Ross, no way past Dmytro. Great driving not making a mistake :thumbsup: In the final lap Ross did a little risky attempt on Dmytro which had Dmytro spinning and Ross having to wait, letting me by into 1st. Happy with 1st but shame it had to happen this way.
Grats Leszek and Dmytro (I think), and thanks all for racing. See you next time

Not quite true; Dmytro started to spin up his rear tyres exiting turn 2, (or 3?) so as his car came across the track i couldn't avoid hitting his rear-right quarter. Just had to clarify that!

This race was great; had a ton of close racing with Guus & Dmytro, and Dmytro was definitely a deserving winner after fending off 'the yellow peril' of Guus's Porsche, and my Alpine. I wasn't getting past Dmytro in the early stages, but after a moment of micro-lag (why is this happening?!) Guus got through, so i let him have a go at overtaking Dmytro.

I should be chuffed with a good race tonight, but i'm really annoyed by how it ended. Dmytro 100% deserved to win that.

Well done Guus on inheriting 30 points, and Leszek for manhandling the Jaaaaaag to 2nd. And well, Dmytro, i apologise profusely!

Cheers Rupe & Knut, and the rest of the GTL crowd.

What a race this was, i'm exausted, had to work really hard, Bob kept me on my toes all the way ;)
I had a great wualy, i made a great time for me, by far a personal best, although i started on 15th or something like that.
On the race i did a good start, i was able to get a couple of places on turn 1 and settled for a while behind Hans, until Yves and another car (didn't see who that was) and we passed them, i was 11th and Hans was 10th, but on turn 1 Yves failed the braking and i had the greatest of the lucks and he only took Hans, i think he slgithly scrapped my car, but nothing serious, i keot going and i was 10th, at that time i decided that i must finish on top10, but that was a really hard task, had to fight Bob all the way to the end, and he made me work really hard, i was able to build a small gap but them Bob just closed it in a couple of laps, he was being followed by Krystof and i knew hat if he passed me i wouldn't stand a chance , but i don't know what happened but both of them fell a bit behind but them they recoveredand the Krystof fell behind, but Bob was keeping the pressure, i was pushing hard but my tires were getting worn out at the end of the race, and Bob just kept getting closer and closer, i was desperate for the end of the race and fortunately i was able to keep in front of him nad i finished 8th :confused:
As always it was a great race, with great, clean battles especially with Bob, this time i was in front of you :p let's see how it goes in the last round:)
Thank you for the race, thank you Rupe for organizing and running such a great league :thumbsup:

Q15 Finished 15.. Great racing by all, bit disappointed at a couple of spins and then working hard to pull Yves (who spun to save me the trouble) and Norman in, lining up on the final lap to try and get round Norman before both of us got knocked off by a lapping car.
Thanks for waiting Dave. I had no idea that Dmytro had bumped you I just thought you had missed the corner, it was bad timing that the leaders were lapping us on the last lap and having problems of their own.

Watched the Server replay - Dmytro Botnarenko - I was very upset straight after the race as I had pulled almost 12 seconds back on Norman and was going to try and pass on the last lap, so was pushing hard on Norman - I could see that you wouldn't get your position back, although Ross McGregor did give it at the finish line, the replay didn't look like he needed to, respect to Ross for his fairness.

Having watched the server replay I think you could have left Norman and I to race and held position behind us, but you had your own circumstances that make it understandable so no complaints and no hard feelings from me at all Dmytro.

Thanks to all for some great racing tonight and to RD and all the Staff for your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back