RDHCS S10 - Round 5 - 100km (32 Laps) - Portland 70 - Tue 23rd April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
As its a custom now with our jet-setter lifestyles of a retro racer, We travel over the pond to the good old USA to Portland on the west coast. If we look at how the circuit came in to being it had a rocky start being built after the great flood of of 1948
Due to the dykes breaking and washing away the homes of about 40,000 workers form the shipyards. All that was left was the street system that was quickly put to use as a make shift drag strip and later on used for some sport car racing. and in 1961 Portland had its first official race the Rose Cup, over the then next few years it was used more frequently and and soon became Portland's premier race circuit. We get to race on the same track from the 1970's which hasn't changed that much over the years..

Track Briefing.

As you exit the pits its not long before your on the brakes for a tight right hander with a brick wall on the outside that will destroy you car so getting your breaking correct for the first corner is so important.. There are markers on the left side of the track but I found I was on the brakes before the 300m mark.
You have been warned you don't want to hit the wall..
As you swing right you are trying to hold as much speed as possible for the almost 180 left hander T2 that although has a wide exit,but it will push you to the outside. Beware of the high curb on the inside. Hit this at your peril it will unsettle your car and could even put you on your roof.
Its a short blast up to turn T4,5,6 it start's with a short sweeping right hander almost a double apex as you exit turn T5 your almost immediately turning left in to T6 , hit this to hard you will slide wide and loose track position.
This is important here as you need to get in the correct position for turn T7 the right hander that leads you onto the back straight, get this wrong and the lap time will just fall way.
You have plenty of time now on the long sweeping right kink of T8 to again set your car up for the last succession of right hand corners T10,11,12. The same rule applies here go in as fast and you can, breaking after the entry but try to keep enough speed and not will mess up the exit by having to lift before your push on the final straight to the finish line .Its all about the exit of T12 to get the good speed to the flag.. And ill mention again please watch out for turn T1 it tends to creep up on you and by then its to late...Its 32 laps don't blow it on the early laps.
If you need to make a pit stop get you car in the correct position as you exit the last turn, keep in tight to the inside on the right hander through T12. on exiting the pits keep to right until your up to speed for T1.

Its a short lap, So all drivers please be careful if you come across lapped traffic, You all know that patience is needed here. They are not expected to drive off track they also have their race to run, and should hold there lines in the corners and not make sudden changes which can cause confusion to the lapping car,

Untitled.jpg

1015x508.jpg

All Corners Without Exception – The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times. Again, there are NO exceptions to this rule at any point on the circuit. Any exception to this rule is deemed illegal, any advantage gained by this method must be ceded immediately. Report people deliberately and excessively cutting. The worst offenders from previous seasons have not signed up, so I hope that this will be a non-issue this season.

Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.
All points on the track – General Items
Drivers may put on their lights (and keep them on) during a timed qualification lap, so other drivers know to get out of the way when safe to do so.
No lights are to be used or flashed at any stage, under any circumstances, during the Race Session.
No Chat during the Quali or Race except by Race Control for information.
The Track must be re-entered safely so as not to ruin other peoples races.
Car damage must be assessed realistically to know if it is possible to make the pits or not.
Practice starts may be tested outside of the offical practice times. just post in the chat what you are doing and keep to the right hand side of the track against the pit wall.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties
There were no Incident Reports from the previous round Schottenring
So the provisional results are now confirmed
But not everyone fulfilled their Attendance Status correctly.
We only had 13 likes in the post from a possible 30 drivers, I had 2 drivers with a uncertain and 1 driver unable to attend.
This is a verbal warning to:
Bob Hutchins
Bob Miley
Dave Flower
Dmytro Botnarenko
Guus Verver
Jack Smith
Leszek Porzezinsk
Neil Gault
Ole Marius Myrvold
Paul Bennett
Ross McGregor
Yves Larose
Łukasz Demolin
who all failed to like the post. ( CLICK )

And there are 3 drivers who now have a no show infraction against them..
Ondrej Kapal
Norman Bruce
Senad Subasic
Its not the end of the world and no points are deducted or penalties given just a warning for the offence..

Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them.
No report = no review.
Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.) Accident reports made within 24 hours of race completion will be ignored. (you can contact me if your unsure how to make a report)
Any accusations or complaints aired in the Chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. I simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.
Liveries
You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHCS event. Every driver has a unique livery in this season of RDHCS.
Reporting Attendance
I will be sending a PM with the round password to all Signed-Up drivers. I will also be running an “Attendance” post. If you are definitely driving, you need to “like” the post. If you are NOT driving (or if you are unsure of attendance) you must post a reply to say so. If there is no response, or if a response is posted after 2 hours before Event start time (ie 1800 London time) on race day,(you can pm me if this time is beyond your control) it will be treated as a "will attend" status, and any absence will be deemed a No-Show. 2 No-Shows will mean removal from the league.
Scoring System
Points are scored down to P25 (75% distance completion required) so people can fight for some points no matter where they are on the track, and hopefully have a season long battle with people around them in the League.
The Distribution is as follows for 100km events :
P01 – 30 pts
P02 - 27
P03 - 25
P04 - 23
P05 - 21
P06 - 20
P07 - 19
P08 - 18
P09 - 17
P10 - 16
P11 - 15
P12 - 14
P13 - 13
P14 - 12
P15 - 11
P16 - 10
P17 - 9
P18 - 8
P19 - 7
P20 - 6
P21 - 5
P22 - 4
P23 - 3
P24 - 2
P25 - 1
1 point for fastest race lap
1 point for qualifying on Pole

Once official practice has began i would appreciate it if you would stay in the room and as far as possible I would like all drivers to be in the room 5 mins before qually has started. i like to do a head count so i can also have my time to qually as opposed to having to look for missing drivers..
official practice starts at 19:00 hours GMT.
Qually time is 19:40 hours GMT.
If you join later and enter the track other cars may not see you on track.
other drivers cannot be held responsible if your not seen and knocked of track.

thanks Rupe.

Well, the race is over and I must admit it was one of the most enjoyable one for me. Jesus Yves, when you were approaching, later overtaking me... I wanted to fight it back but hell! Your engine is just roaring so much that I was so scared to do anything :D

I was struggling a lot in last laps because of the tjres... And I got Stop&Go penalty 3 laps before the finish - for really stupid reason, I spun and went off the track... then I had to return, went slowly on the track and the last of the three Cut warnings (the first were given in the last turn which Rupe mentioned) showed up... I decided to ignore it and got disqualified when I crossed the line - well, sh*t happens.

What is important I really enjoyed the race. It could have been awesome battle with Krzysztof Babij , I was doing stable times as fast as his. The first sector was much faster for me, but he dominated the third. When I got under 1 second behind him I went off the track. I tried to catch him but I gave up when the tires lost their grip finally.

:)

well, this race was a great one, had lots of fun battling with Bob and Senad.
I had a good start, was able to keep in front of the cars behind me, on the T1 mayhem i hit Yves, his car didn't show up until it was too late to avoid it :redface:. From the begining of the race until almost the end i was battling with Bob and Senad, we were separated at only one ocassion when Jack put is Jag between me and them, i was able to keep a small gap but in the s/f straight Jack closed the gap, until he over did it at the braking for T1 and hit the wall hard, when i looked at my rear view mirror i just saw Jack's engine burning:O_o:, after that me, Bob and Senad were close again, but with the faster cars lapping we split up and me and Senad were closing on Hans, i tried to push harder to try to pass Hans, but i wasn't able and ended up making a mistake nad almost spinning, Senad almost passed me, but when i moved left (due to being slower than Senad and not wanting mo male i'm slow down) he also moved left and had to slow down, 1 or 2 lps after he managed to pass me, but then, just 1 or 2 laps before the finish Senad spun right in front of me ( i don't think i've hit you Senad, but if i did it wasn't intencional, it may have been lag :unsure:), just before the final lap on the final turn i went a bit off and Bob was able to pass me, i tried to push hard to pass him again but obviously i wasn't able to close the gap and pass him in the last lap.

Congratulations top 3 and those who finished:thumbsup:
Thank you for the race, especially Bob and Senad for the amazing and CLEAN race, i don't think we ever touched :thumbsup:
see you guys next round :)

Little dissapointed with my pace but the race went alright. I had a nice start and got into 3rd after the 1st corner but I was soon passed by quicker guys putting me into 6th and I stayed there all race. Very lonely and boring race but im happy with the result.

Grats Ross, Neil and Dmytro and thanks all for racing, see you all next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back