RDHCS S10 - Round 4 - 100km (21 Laps) - Motodrom Schottenring - Tue 9th April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
schotten.jpg

All Corners Without Exception – The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times. Again, there are NO exceptions to this rule at any point on the circuit. Any exception to this rule is deemed illegal, any advantage gained by this method must be ceded immediately. Report people deliberately and excessively cutting. The worst offenders from previous seasons have not signed up, so I hope that this will be a non-issue this season.

Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.
All points on the track – General Items
Drivers may put on their lights (and keep them on) during a timed qualification lap, so other drivers know to get out of the way when safe to do so.
No lights are to be used or flashed at any stage, under any circumstances, during the Race Session.
No Chat during the Quali or Race except by Race Control for information.
The Track must be re-entered safely so as not to ruin other peoples races.
Car damage must be assessed realistically to know if it is possible to make the pits or not.
Incidents, Investigations and Penalties
There were no Incident Reports, and everyone fulfilled their Attendance Satus correctly.
Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them.
No report = no review.
Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.) Accident reports made within 24 hours of race completion will be ignored.
Any accusations or complaints aired in the Chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. I simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.
Liveries
You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHCS event. Every driver has a unique livery in this season of RDHCS.
Reporting Attendance
I will be sending a PM with the round password to all Signed-Up drivers. I will also be running an “Attendance” post. If you are definitely driving, you need to “like” the post. If you are NOT driving (or if you are unsure of attendance) you must post a reply to say so. If there is no response, or if a response is posted after 2 hours before Event start time (ie 1800 London time) on race day, it will be treated as a "will attend" status, and any absence will be deemed a No-Show. 2 No-Shows will mean removal from the league.
Scoring System
Points are scored down to P25 (75% distance completion required) so people can fight for some points no matter where they are on the track, and hopefully have a season long battle with people around them in the League.
The Distribution is as follows for 100km events :
P01 – 30 pts
P02 - 27
P03 - 25
P04 - 23
P05 - 21
P06 - 20
P07 - 19
P08 - 18
P09 - 17
P10 - 16
P11 - 15
P12 - 14
P13 - 13
P14 - 12
P15 - 11
P16 - 10
P17 - 9
P18 - 8
P19 - 7
P20 - 6
P21 - 5
P22 - 4
P23 - 3
P24 - 2
P25 - 1
1 point for fastest race lap
1 point for qualifying on Pole

Well that was fun, Not.... i was having a real problem with my Back i managed to screw it up picking up a pair of shoes out of the closet.. yes the old coming out the closet joke
the whole day i was in agony with it didnt think i could race but i got sat in my chair and went for it..
every turn of the wheel was a nightmare even pushing on the brake was not fun.. (crazy Arc mod with a stiff spring) I was suffering to say the least, the only pain killers i had would of sent me into the land of fairies... but the downside is double vision slow reactions and bad driving..
i had a mouthful of paracetamol and sucked it up..
Qually went way better than expected setting one of my fastest times id set in my whole of testing. i had been faster offline but that doesn't count.
And so to the race.
I had a good start and kept it nice and safe into the first corner, i saw Ross breaking allot later on the inside of me and Roland on the outside, good use of the triple screens also a bit weird to look at out the corner of your eyes.. all i was concentrating on was not screwing up I could see 2 big mustangs behind me so my goal was to keep it that way. i was in no state to have to race hard and battle not that i do that anyway im quite happy to sit behind if were pulling away from the guys behind, at the end of the lap i was in that situation again but thought wise of pushing my luck so just kept following the 2 alpines in front..
my pace was not good enough to get in a race. It was only the speed on the last part of the track that brought me close and that wasn't enough to really challenge them. i could see i was holding and then slightly pulling away from Warren and Yves so i just stick at that .Leszek spun up in front of me on the last turn. Yves got by Warren, i had no idea warren was at the back of the field and and i had to really concentrate then.. i had a moment or 2 but managed to keep slowly pulling a gap a few 10th's at a time. i met Paul at the tight part of the track and lost a second or more , Nobodies fault you have to drive your race aswell . and got by on the exit i think Yves got back to 3 seconds and was really pushing at that point to catch me, i had a couple of slower laps but then got back in my rhythm and then gap slowly but surely grew again. I was quite happy with this situation 6th place and keeping a nice gap to the cars behind, more than i could dream of.. the next time i looked i could see Ross and Roland have a good race in front of me. Ross i think must of had a moment but i did not have a chance to keep up with them. a few laps later(well it seemed like a few but more like 10 or 12) Roland was gone i did not even see him in the drink, i was having to concentrate real hard i was not feeling good at all. i couldn't wait for the flag to drop and was glad when it did i was wasted and in pain.. (god damn Back) .. So i finished in 5th not a bad night work all thing considered. then came the drugs ow what joy... land of the Fairies her i come.. Layed in bed most of today.... now i cant sleep as ive had to much rest and my back still hurts..... were are my pills...:sleep:

Rupe Wilson - not racing related - google - health benefits of pineapple - I was a little cynical when it was suggested to me, a few months later I'm a pineapple juice junky! I'm doing up to a litre a day, still using painkillers as normal but am finding it helps with joint pain, allowing more exercise with less increased pain, as its a natural anti inflammatory that aids healing too. Try it, don't expect to drink a glass full and see an immediate improvement - but you might within an hour or so if you do a lot. I'm quite cynical when it comes to these things, but hell, it seems to be working for me. I use the fresh pressed stuff (not from concentrate) it's more expensive but seems far better than the from concentrate stuff, might all be placebo in my head, but if it help, who cares if you imagining it or if it's real!

Peter van Zanten, you're right. This is about what I saw once I teleported myself into my own car again::laugh: Good thing I had my windows closed, the small Alpine held quite a lot of air in, just not enough to float me back to the surface.:roflmao:
under.jpg

Tim Ling, hey that's a good thing. I laughed about it just as well. Not while in the race, but after a night's rest I realised that it was actually quite funny!

Rupe Wilson Sorry to hear about your ongoing health issues, my friend. Despite you being quite quick all night long, indeed it surprised me a little I could stay ahead.. well, until my swimming trip that is. I really hope you catch a break from all of that soon, and can go back to being your normal self again. Even if drinking pineapple juice is what it takes.. :unsure: (Sorry Dave, couldn't help myself:laugh: )

ok time for my report, i will begin by saying that it was my first RDHCS race and from earing about Warren was saying about the Shelby i was a bit worried about my car choice.

Qualy: i was able to grab 8th place at the very last moment just about .100 infront of Warren which i consider my main competitor.

Race: for me it was a race in 3 parts, the first part is from the start to about lap 5. not my best start but not my worst either but with a long run till T1 and the speed of the Shelby i only lost 1 position and it was to Warren but i was able to stay close to him and pass him at T1 starting lap 3 giving me 8th place back and later in the lap Leszek gifted me 7th place. the next lap i was able to pull a little gap on Warren until he got spun giving me about a 5 sec gap to the guy behind. i then tried to keep up with Rupe in front but the Shelby wasn't fast enought and he was slowly but surely pulling away lap by lap. the second part of the race from lap 5 to about lap 15 was lonely no one really infront or behind me but i could see that Leszek and Bob H were coming back at me slowly but surely. from about lap 15 till the end of the race i had resist the attack of either Lezsek or Bob and stay in 6th place which was gifted to me by " Finding Roland " :roflmao: on the final corner of the final lap i was given a breather when Bob spun leaving Lezsek no where to go and had to slow down and it was very welcome cause i some what under estimated my fuel usage and the engine started coughing at the apex of the first fast corner before the start/finish line and i was out of fuel at the exit of T1 after finishing 6th.

i was aiming for a high top 10 finish and got a middle top 10 finish so i'm very happy with the result :) thanks to Stuart for putting the league in place, thanks to Rupe for keeping the good work, thanks to anyone else helping Rupe and thanks to all the drivers in the league for the racing. thanks to RD to make it possible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%