RDHCS - Merged Previous Season Admin Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point of view is that in a league we should choose one car for the entire league. It's more realistic and I like the idea of getting more time with the car.

If we had the same car for every track it would be very similar to normal events, only difference is counting points IMO.

For those of you who might not be sure of the facts and figures of the League cars.

Code:
                                    |   Weight   Power    Torque  Gears

Shelby GT350                        |   1330kg   351bhp   455NM   4 gears
Mercedes 300SL                      |   1166kg   250bhp   328NM   4 gears
Ferrrari 275GTB                     |   1160kg   310bhp   295NM   5 gears
Austin Healey 3000                  |    940kg   225bhp   320NM   4 gears
Renault Alpine A110                 |    700kg   150bhp   175NM   5 gears

Nigel, I think it's quite detailed list :tongue:

Righto then - I suppose it's time to confess all.

The RDHGP is going to be a GTC65 league.

The cars we will be using are:-

Austin Healey 3000
Ferrari 275GTB
Mercedes Benz 300SL
Renault Alpine A110
Shelby GT350

They are all very close in times, but how you end up getting those times differs wildly depending on the car involved. I can almost guarantee that you'll have one right now you like the look of, but further testing will probably change your mind into something you never considered. I know that happened to me.

Each of the cars will have a "home" race (Donington/Imola/Hockenheim/Magny Cours/Mid Ohio). There will be 3 other races, two 100k events @ Mondello Intermediate & Interlagos, and the third of which will be the season ending double lengther (oo-er) @ Spa, a nod to the 6h race they do in the Real Life Historic racing season (watchers of the GT Racer series will know all about that race).

We'll look to be starting this at the start of May, it'll run on alternate Thursday evenings in place of that night's GTL club event.

It kind of makes sense that the Club events and the CotM events around the period of the league will be biased more towards TC65 & GTC76 events. There may still be the odd GTC65 event, but the cars in the league won't generally be involved.

Right, that's the scoop.

I await the howls of derision and disappointment from you all.

Let's be 'avin' yer.
This is the post with the rest of the info, Nige.

One per league has been a solid and steady rule in RD league for as long as we started with SimBin games. It is the more realisitic feature when compared to the choose-a-new-car-for-each-event feature. It is also more easy to manage and overview for us, as Race Directors.

Both concepts are fun and have merit though.

To choose one car per league does enable you though to get a bond with it and find out more of it's characteristics. It also allows every drive to pick a car that he likes and get real good with it. It also allows the unexperienced drivers to go for an easy-to-handle car and the experienced drivers to go for a more difficult car if they like.

RDHGP S3 - Important Information & Announcements

Welcome to the RaceDepartment Historic Grand Prix 2009

Through this thread the Race Direction keeps you updated with important information, announcement and briefings concerning this league. Make sure you read it carefully so you don't miss essential information!

1. General League Information
If you are new to RaceDepartment leagues or you have been out for a while it is good to get yourself updated on how RaceDepartment leagues work.

Read the RD Leagues | Getting Started thread to find out everything you need to know about our leagues.

2. Information about this League
Everything you need to know about this league is written in the league's Format. It is available on PDF in our download section.

Download the Format as PDF

3. NEW! - Presence & Absence Procedure has changed!
MY ONLINE RACING CENTER - Step 2: My Documents

Click RD Leagues | Presence & Absence Procedure to read.

RDHGP S3 - Entry List & Sign-Ups - Closed

Here you can sign up the RaceDepartment Historic Grand Prix 2009.

Before you sign up!

1. Download and read the RaceDepartment League Regulations.
  2. Download and read the RDHGP Format with the essential information about this competition!
  3. Create an account at RD GPCOS if you haven't already.
How to sign up?

• Reply to this thread and answer these questions:
    Quote:
    Driver Name:
    Car:
    Startnumber:

NOTE: The startnumber is the startnumber of the livery (skin) of the car that you drive.
    NOTE 2: You can only sign yourself up, not other drivers.
ENTRY LIST:

1. Ben Tusting - Austin Healey 3000 - 453
  2. Matt Crouch - Austin Healey 3000 - 450
  3. Andrew Evans - Austin Healey 3000 - 453
  4. Simon Bacon - Ferrari 275 GTB - 863
  5. David Cuthill - Ferrari 275 GTB - 863
  6. Jari Vinnari - Renault Alpine A110 - 580
  7. Peter Gog - Ferrari 275 GTB - 863
  8. Stuart Thomson - Austin Healey 3000 - 473
  9. Knut Omdal Tveito - Renault Alpine A110 - 501
  10. Amir Margalit - Austin Healey 3000 - 453
  11. Yoeri Gijsen - Austin Healey 3000 - 450
  12. Sam J Simpson - Austin Healey 3000 - 471
  13. Hans Sneep - Austin Healey 3000 - 473
  14. Warren Dawes - Mercedes Benz 300SL - 455
  15. Steven Palmer - Renault Alpine A110 - 580
  16. Patrick Duivelaar - Shelby GT350 - 880
  17. Maurice Hurkmans - Mercedes Benz 300SL - 456
  18. Kris Leeten - Renault Alpine A110 - 580
  19. Nickolay Schmick - Mercedes Benz 300SL - 456
  20. Bram Hengeveld - Shelby GT350 - 880
  21. Jay Adgie - Austin Healey 3000 - 473
  22. Bert van Waes - Ferrari 275 GTB - 863
  23. Bob Luneski - Renault Alpine A110 - 501
  24. ?
  25. ?
  26. ?
  27. ?
  28. ?
  29. ?
  30. ?
  31. ?
  32. ?
  33. ?
  34. ?
  35. ?
  36. ?
RESERVES:

1. ?
  2. ...

I can't decide on what car to pick for this league :) Have been driving them all lately and i keep having warm feelings for the Silver Arrow Mercedes: no roof, cool design, but unfortunately only four gears.

What are you gonna pick?

Sam - they are 100k races (200k for Spa), approx 45 minutes (90 for Spa).

Nige - firstly, if we actually get 36 drivers signed up, I'll be dining on a menu of hat for a while. :D Maybe if it does fill up we could re-assess, but realistically, 15 points scoring positions out of 36 (nearly half the field) is about right, I think. I think 15 out of 25 is too generous on the Evo side, but that's just my opinion.

If we ever do get 36 drivers starting a race, there would be (statistically) a few more retirements through accidents etc. so chances of points would remain the same, IMO, as long as people don't give up.

And if people are affraid they dont get points, they should drive faster and earn them! (spirit :D)

Or pray like hell that you don't get punted off track by someone behind you. :wink2:

there would be (statistically) a few more retirements through accidents etc.

It is worth noting though, these car can take a lot more punishment than the GTRE cars.

Question: I see no mention of mandatory pitstops, so I assume this is optional??

Pitstops are indeed optional. I suspect tyre wear will in general be the decider on whether stops are used.

Spa (double lengther) is probably a different story

Sorry Sam, I meant to post that up to you as well when you asked :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back