Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the secret email info about? :)
Care to share as Bram never responded to my above question about sign ups being closed for round one. Sure others that had to pullout due to the 100%mandatory participation would like to know aswell if it has anything to do with a change in schedule or an added drop week etc.
If it has nothing to do with that...disregard :)

Last edited:
Whats the secret email info about? :)
Care to share as Bram never responded to my above question about sign ups being closed for round one. Sure others that had to pullout due to the 100%mandatory participation would like to know aswell if it has anything to do with a change in schedule or an added drop week etc.
If it has nothing to do with that...disregard :)
The message was for all who had signed up, I understand that a detailed post will be made tomorrow.

just want to clarify something ...i work shifts and have requested the dates off in my work diary. what happens if when the rotas are getting done i HAVE to work ?? do i get a ban ? i can't risk that and if that is the case then i too will have to pull out

Did you read this part Paul? It's why I couldn't dare commit to this too. My work sometimes call me out at very short notice.
"Absences will not be allowed so make sure when you sign up that you can be present at all the races. Drivers who fail to commit to the series will have their premium membership revoked. No excuses, no exceptions."

Did you read this part Paul? It's why I couldn't dare commit to this too. My work sometimes call me out at very short notice.
"Absences will not be allowed so make sure when you sign up that you can be present at all the races. Drivers who fail to commit to the series will have their premium membership revoked. No excuses, no exceptions."
Yeh.... This is what I worry about. I really can't afford to lose membership as I love racing when I can. May have to quit the championship

I haven't quite got the nature of this penalty. Is the remainder memebership revoked and you can renew when it would normally expire or is it a permanent ban? Meaning that you can never go premium again?

Maybe read the first post of the signup thread and see it has been outlined right there from the beginning. It's even underlined. Just saying.

Okay, I just went and did that. There are two underlined parts:

When you sign up to the RDGTC, we expect you to be present at all the rounds. This commitment shows respect to the league, your fellow drivers and the organisation.

Absences will not be allowed so make sure when you sign up that you can be present at all the races. Drivers who fail to commit to the series will have their premium membership revoked. No excuses, no exceptions.

Which one do you consider to be the answer to Giannis' questions?

"Is the remainder memebership revoked and you can renew when it would normally expire or is it a permanent ban? Meaning that you can never go premium again?"

I really fail to see the answer there. Also, if you don't want to answer these questions (for whatever reason), then that's fine, I guess, but why respond at all, then, let alone in a snarky way (but OK, I was a bit snarky as well, so I probably shouldn't complain)? Not really helpful to anyone.

No you are just trying to start an argument ("Just saying") and I am not going to fuel it. The quoted text clearly says your premium will be revoked. I don't understand what is so unclear about that. One moment you have premium and when you fail to commit you haven't anymore. It's really that simple.

If people would be banned then we would have written in the rules that they are going to be permanently banned, which we haven't. People are reading things between the lines that we have not posted.

The only thing we ask is to be present on a bi-weekly basis to perform your hobby, which is racing sims. How hard can that be? That's 4x 2 hours, 8 in total.

If people cannot commit for 8 hours doing the things they like, don't sign up. We aren't forcing anybody to join this series if they don't want to. But when you sign up, you make sure to be there.

We are going to end this 15 page long discussion and look forward to next Sunday when we will start our engines and start racing the first round of the series at Silverstone :thumbsup:

No you are just trying to start an argument and I am not going to fuel it.

I really don't understand why some of the staff seem to be obsessed with the "you're just trying to start an argument" attitude whenever someone points out something (it really seems to be happening a fair amount lately), but I can assure you the last thing I want is to start *an argument*. My only intention whenever I point something out (or criticize or whatever you want to call it, that's up to you, really) is to hopefully have *a civil discussion* about it and make things better for everyone. I perfectly understand there are people who enjoy arguing just for the sake of arguing, but you can rest assured I am NOT one of them (though from your reactions to me, it seems like you've already made up your mind anyway). On the other hand, yes, I tend to speak up when I don't agree with something and/or I think someone is wrong. Is that a bad thing? I tend to think being vocal about stuff and actually discussing it instead of just keeping your mouth shut and doing what's expected of you is the only real way to improve things.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I'd have to be incredibly stupid to actively seek out arguments with the main admin of the server I'm currently posting on (or with any member of the staff, really). I mean...come on. But again, that doesn't mean I'll be cowering in the corner terrified whenever you post something I don't like or I don't agree with. Not really my style.

The quoted text clearly says your premium will be revoked. I don't understand what is so unclear about that. One moment you have premium, when you fail to commit you don't anymore. It's really that simple.

Yes, the quoted text does say exactly that. But it doesn't answer *at all* the questions at hand.

If people would be banned then we would have written in the rules that are being permanently banned, which we didn't.

OK. But bear in mind that even though someone is perfectly clear and perhaps even obvious to you, it might not be perfectly clear and obvious to others. Especially when you're talking about stuff that *isn't* there (which kinda goes against your previous answer to me in which you said the answers to those questions are there and are underlined, but OK, don't worry about it).

So, in other words, we could've easily avoided this whole exchange if, instead of writing snarky responses to me, you simply came and said to Giannis "No, you won't be permanently banned and you can renew your premium membership again", which is what Giannis was asking about and Kenny's answer seemed to suggest there may be more to it. And it would've been even better if something like that was actually mentioned on the signup page in the first place, which is what *I* was talking about.

I really don't understand why you seem to prefer the first option, sorry (and then even say *I'm* the one trying to start arguments).

I really don't understand why some of the staff seem to be obsessed with the "you're just trying to start an argument"
Read the last 15 pages and you'll have your answer. If you have a genuine question you can leave the "just saying" part out of your post as that results in the answer you've received. Kenny answered Gianni's question one post before yours so your "just saying" question was irrelevant, has the incorrect tone and lacked a question mark.

I always answer constructive posts directed to me. Have been doing for the last 12 years on daily basis.

Race Details:
  • Date - Sunday October 8, 2017
  • Circuit - Silverstone GP
  • Server Name - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
  • Server Password - See conversation message
  • Live Broadcast - Twitch
Race Schedule
  • 18:00 GMT (19:00 BST / 20:00 CEST) - Free Practice (30 minutes)
  • 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST / 20:30 CEST) - Qualification (30 minutes)
  • 19:00 GMT (20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST) - Race (90 minutes)
Server Settings
  • Difficulty: GetReal
  • Fuel Usage: Normal
  • Tire Wear: On
  • Visual Damage: Realistic
  • Mechanical Damage: On
  • Flag Rules: Complete
  • Cut Rules: On, Drive Through Penalty.*
  • Mandatory Pitstop: On
Entry List
Number, Name, Car
#1 Bram Hengeveld (BMW Alpina B6 GT3)
#03 Anders Myhre (BMW Z4 GT3)
#04 Ross Garland (BMW Z4 GT3)
#5 Davy Vandevenne (RUF RT12R GTR3)
#6 Steve Le Gallez (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3)
#07 Robert Severikangas (Bentley Continental GT3)
#8 Quentis Gillispie (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3)
#9 Paul Fenwick (McLaren MP4-12C GT3)
#11A Brian van Beusekom (McLaren 650S GT3)
#12 Giannis Christodoulou (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#14 Alex Crossen (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#18 Paul Hurlow (McLaren MP4-12C GT3)
#27 Laurent Sestacq (Chevrolet Camaro GT3)
#30 Isaac Chavira (RUF RT12R GTR3)
#33 Joel Kuismin (Nissan GT-R GT3)
#38 Mathias Nielsen (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#44 Rupe Wilson (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#46 Adrian Campfield (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#48 Stephen Gibb (RUF RT12R GTR3)
#60A Craig Dunkley (BMW M6 GT3)
#63 Alexander Andersson (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3)
#79 Colin Herkes (McLaren 650S GT3)
#81 Mike McGeer (Nissan GT-R GT3)
#84 Roy Magnes (Bentley Continental GT3)
#88 Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan (Chevrolet Camaro GT3)
#96 Ronnie Böhme (BMW M6 GT3)
#98 Mike Wyatt (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#171 Nate Idiens (Nissan GT-R GT3)
#174 Magnus Stjerneby (BMW Alpina B6 GT3)
#200 Cyrille Saussey (Bentley Continental GT3)

Commentator

Joseph Wright
Peter Lee

Attachments

• Flyer Round 1 Silverstone RDGTC.jpg
    Flyer Round 1 Silverstone RDGTC.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 698
Read the last 15 pages and you'll have your answer

Not really, no. There still seems to be quite a lot of confusion and information that seems to contradict itself surrounding the way the league will be ran and specifically the absences with people asking for clarification getting rather snarky responses themselves without things really being clarified much, sorry. Which, BTW, was the ultimate reason I didn't sign up for the league in the end (which I'm sure everyone is really sad about :p ) - even though there was several things I wasn't exactly thrilled about when it came to the league (and I've voiced my opinions), the confusion surrounding absences and stuff like that was the main reason in the end. And I honestly didn't feel like asking for clarification with the responses others seemed to be getting and, ironically enough, also precisely because I didn't want to start an argument and was under a pretty strong impression that anything I point out seems/seemed to be taken as a reason to start one by some of the staff lately for some reason. And precisely that impression was also the reason why my response above was a bit more snarky than it would've been under normal circumstances and included the "just saying" part (which still might've come off as more aggressive than it was supposed to, though).

So it all links back to itself, really.

Last edited:
Again there is no confusion about absences as that is outlined perfectly clear. You are expected to be present at all races when you sign up. When you don't show up, your premium will be revoked. Can't make it any more clearer that and that is exactly what the league outlines describe.

We have been hosting leagues for over 12 years now and every year the commitment issues seem to get worse and worse and we don't wish to spend any more time on drivers that sign up for series and then fail to commit, hence we have been taking drastic measurements and guess what... they pay off as the commitment in previous series with this rule have had a few to no drop-outs where in our old system 30% of the (massive) field or more couldn't be arsed anymore to show up the moment they can't win or come up with a million of other excuses (we can write a book about it).

Our current and future leagues will be all about commitment and a lot more. Once esports are in full swing you will see the return of calendars with a full season of racing (instead of four to five rounds now), professional teams with drivers under contract, big prizes, large reach broadcasts and much much more.

Long gone are the days where people say they want to race in a league but in practice drop out with excuses and fail to commit. Yes it's a pita for those that work in shifts but we can't please everybody. If you work in shifts on Sundays you either need to make work arrangements and if that isn't possible you shouldn't be signing up and just stick to casual league racing where you can sign out an hour before the start of the event without a problem, or race in a more competitive surrounding with rankings (more on that soon™) on the days that suit you best without having to commit to a full season. Leagues and esports however will be for those that can 100% commit, prepare themselves professionally and be ready to become virtual esport stars in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%