• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

RDGTC S6 | GT Championship 2016 (Assetto Corsa)

Discussion in 'RD GT Championship' started by TobiasR, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glaurung

Glaurung

Ratings:
    +926
    Thanks to you and to all the others guys of RD Staff that have brought to life this championship.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium

Ratings:
    +5,978
    Now that the season is over, can we all make an effort to post our setups in threads. Since the latest tyre model update, there are pretty much zero setups out there for these GT3 cars, and as they are a popular class to race with, a load of setups for the tracks of this calendar would help the community not only have better races, but help people understand how to set up a car.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Marco Waechter

Marco Waechter

Ratings:
    +60
    Is it correct Roe joined another team in this last race and driving for DTK Racing instead for his normal team Talking Door Racing ? I thought only driver swaps between a team are allowed.
    Because this way DTK scored some points in the very last race from a good driver (of another team) for retaining their overall champ. pos. (P11 in the standings), which (P11) almost could have been reached by Gainsco as well.. ;).

I don't have much of a / or any problem because of the champ. position (if P11 or P12 doesn't quite matter), just looks not 100% (regarding 'generally assumed' regulations) right and fair.
    Next time there should be a rule to prevent this, if not already there.

I've not much against the other fact, for teams having as many different -non team belonging drivers from the 'outside' (reserve list)- though. That's ok, to have filled up any team for every event in case of a departure of a main driver.

4. Artur Czarnecki

Artur Czarnecki

Ratings:
    +30
    I will put mine for spa, but I must say I am just starting making setups and i have no idea, if its good or not.

5. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium

Ratings:
    +5,978
    Tobias joining was very last minute, I put out a post looking for a 2nd driver 3 minutes before quali started, and I was on my outlap when Tobias joined my TS channel and offered to fill the seat. It wasn't preplanned at all, and I was happy with anyone joining. I was hoping to have been also up there battling for points, but as I spent the first few laps being a punching bag for the rest of the field, I was glad he could take the points.

6. 10phillyphan

10phillyphan
    Dylan Coyle

Ratings:
    +114
    Thank you! We all really do appreciate it

7. 10phillyphan

10phillyphan
    Dylan Coyle

Ratings:
    +114
    Well, you did get a podium position man!

8. Artur Czarnecki

Artur Czarnecki

Ratings:
    +30
    Maybe I am just that good :D and the setup is terrible :p
    Seriously it should be fine, but I am curious about others opinions

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium

Ratings:
    +419
    On the behalf of Copenhagen APEX I want to say thanks to RD and all the staff involved in this awesome league - very professional.

We will be back next season.

I also want to say I big thank you to one of the main driver Allie Ferrie @Valrys, you scored good points to the team, you are always welcome at Copenhagen APEX.

I also would like to say thank you to the two reserve drivers Jake Cooper @Flammenjc and @Alexis Clapano for helping out the team.
    Jake made a very strong performance at Redbull where he put in a second place that later on at the Stewart's desk ended as a seventh.

See you next time

Br.
    Team owner
    Allan Roloff Groth

• Like Like x 3
  10. Marco Waechter

Marco Waechter

Ratings:
    +60
    Ok, really no problem this time and in that case (I know you could have scored here as well).
    --
    Just imagine TAH would have joined / changed the team for a 'backmarker team' or midfiled team for one or even a few races, scoring huge amounts of points :). That would destroy the whole normal picture in the team standings then (making it -teams and standings- nonsence to exist). That's why I came across my idea for future regulations to prevent such.

11. Akis

Akis
    Over 9000

Ratings:
    +1,213
    First of all I want to thank Racedepartment staff for this Professional League. Planning and execution was perfect. I'm sure you worked very hard for it and the result was great.
    -----

Regarding round 6. It was a really difficult race. I had a lot of hard (and enjoyable) fights.

I must admit part of these fights didn't end well.. Like the one with @Jonas Hillert ending up on both of us losing a lot of places, but I guess this is being reviewed by the stewards.

Hats off to @Glaurung for the fast pace. You gave me a very hard time. Same goes to @Samuel Fuller. I was very lucky to pass you both while you were fighting for 6th.

@ARG1980 & @PfzFantaribo we had our decent fights too ;)

Hope to race with all of you guys soon on club races.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  12. Glaurung

Glaurung

Ratings:
    +926
    Yes, it has been a hard fight there at Eau Rouge with @Samuel Fuller, we lost speed and you made a nice move passing both out of Raidillon
    I hope to see you guys again for some fun in the club races.

13. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall
    Team Rookie Monsters #73 Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    I wanted to add my thanks, not just to @Matheus Machado and co for listening to all our moans, but to all participants who put up with me being at the back - and hopefully didn't impede you too much, and for all the friendly help on TS, but lastly to @Samuel Fuller for all the little tips you have shared - even though you are always off in the distance in comparison. Despite a great start for me at Spa I 'ended up last - I have yet to watch the replay of how I undone myself but I was up to 11th at one point.

It was my first race series and have learned so much since signing up and hope to learn more in future races.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +1,043
    No worries mate :thumbsup: I have to admit that I was a bit upset to get spun around there, but those things can happen in traffic.

15. Marco Waechter

Marco Waechter

Ratings:
    +60
    Puhh ok, I'm now reliefed :). I was a bit upset on myself too, to 'let' it occur.., don't want to spin anyone around.. (though traffic + fighting a bit to stay close it can happen -with this speed differences there in a train in the middle of the chicane for a short moment -).

16. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    Talking Door Racing

Ratings:
    +1,295
  17. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    Talking Door Racing

Ratings:
    +1,295
    Round 6 - Spa Francorchamps
    Final Results can be found HERE

Qualifying
    Race

• Haha Haha x 2
  18. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    Talking Door Racing

Ratings:
    +1,295
    Reply #330 and Championship is finalized! Final results and standings are now available.

Thanks to everyone for an amazing comeback of RDGTC. I hope you liked our efforts in S6, and I can promise S7 will come back even stronger!

Now on a more personal note: You know how organizing races just got into your mind when you think this kind of video (Interview with WEC race director) is REALLY interesting:D.
    Being a part of the racing staff of RD for this year was an experience that taught me a lot about racing overall and it wouldn't be possible without you guys participating in the leagues and club races I've been both racing and managing.
    As some of you might have noticed, I've been running out of time to dedicate to sim-racing, so I had to take the decision to leave the staff after I was finished with S6. I will still be around for some club races and leagues, so I won't be a complete stranger from now on;).
    I still intend to come back and organize some cool championships for AC. When is a matter of many factors, all I can say is I really don't know, seems impossible in the foreseeable future, but who knows?!

• Love Love x 6
    • Sad Sad x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Stelios

Stelios

Ratings:
    +398
    Here is my POV for those who want to see:
    1) How stupid i am at T1
    2) A good race after that
    3) AC in VR :p

The recording is a bit choppy at start then it smooths out.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.