RD GT Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this day I had a football match where I hurt my foot badly so even if it breaks my heard because I practised much and I really want to get in todays Top 5 to finish the season in Div1 a cant participate in todays race, Im sorry

I might have spotted a possible bug. I'm not saying it will be of trouble but after I made a few laps in practice I went back to the pits to fuel up and then head back out again. But then my garage door was closed. I had to go out and back into the server again. I have not managed to replicate it again though.

On another note. I am slooow. I blame lack of practice. Div 2 would probably suit me better for this one but I will fight tooth and nail (is that the correct saying?) to stay in div 1!

I do understand that the absence is closed, it is clearly stated in the intro and info that you can report absence till friday prior to the race, we already leave it open till Saturday so we are very flexible on this matter....

On the otherside, I do not understand you :) Signing up for a league but no motivation....

I had motivation and lost it... I was so ready in the mid december, practiced every day, was active in discussions, really motivated. But interest was at half way by the time the year changed and not bein able to make it in Spa in such short league was pretty much the deathsentence. I am very sorry but at least i'm letting you guys know why instead of making excuses or just not showing up. Also those two first races were in sooo boring tracks, Spa was suppose to be the highligth.

Div 1.

Had an ok qualy considering I hadn't practice before today. Started 17th with a time of 1:39.7xx.

Got a good start and in the first few laps I got up to 13th. But then things started to go wrong for me. I spun Erling around. I am really sorry for that! Then I pitted a little bit earlier to be able to take advantage of better tyres for a couple of laps. That didn't happen as I came out right infront of the leaders. There was not one car but 5 billion cars which I had to let pass so I lost time instead. With about 10 mins to go my tyres were dead and with two laps to go Rob passed me so I finished 16th. At least div 1 for the finale :)

Grats Helder and the rest in that insane fight. Would have been awesome to watch a broadcast with that :)

bad formation lap, not to sure what Tobias Olsson was thinking revving his engine so much on the start changing into gear 1 then going straight into mike, did you even read the rules?

half way through the formation lap, alto of the guys came to a halt and there was a smash up.

Apart from that i did enjoy my first stint of the race, but im not impressed by what i saw.

Qualy 13 Race 14. Pretty happy with it :) Had good fun until the end, very competitive :)
Thanks to RD, this was the best race from the RDGTC so far!

@ Karoly: Very sorry mate, it was a nice fight for a few corners side by side. My replays says that we both went into the corner side by side and u barely touched me and got shooted out :S seams like a wrong collision detection for me :( very sorry, but at least u finished in front of me :)

what did ur repaly show?

Q: P16
R: P15

It was good to be back in Div 1 again, but boy, what a pace at the front!
I hit the back of Bob Hutchins' car in the first corner, I misjudged how cold my brakes would be. I waited till he was past me again and dropped another 2 positions...my own fault. Sorry, Bob :oops:
I also have to apologise to Karoly Kajdy, who I hit 3 times in one corner, I think! He wobbled, but I stayed behind for a while after that waiting for a mistake. Sorry, Karoly.
Apart from those incidents, it was quite uneventful, but I had newer tyres than some drivers at the end. This time I passed Andreas Hultgren cleanly (!) but he looked like he was really struggling with grip. Thank you for not making it too easy (or difficult), Andreas :)

I'll really miss this championship after the final round in two weeks.

having bought some new content at iRacing, I never touched SimBin until yesterday night to do 5 laps at Portimao, my goodness what a difference.

arrived just in time and then used quali to hone my breakpoints and lines, pulled out a clean and miracle lap of 1:41:928 which gave me 11th of 15 (of 20 subscribed :( ), barely beating my teammate Theo, a feat I haven't managed in the last three years or so.
outlap was quite a mess in front of me, the first two race laps were even worse with huge GTs spinning out this way and that and so I found myself by virtue of just sticking to my line in 5th!!! hahaha, me the slowest of all slow guys, man I had that big grin on my face. Too bad my rearguard Theo dropped out, so pretty soon I had to defend tooth and nail against first Scott then Marco and then Jonathan. thx for your infinite patience with my weird breakpoints and lines, guys, you're a blessing :) When Mike Bishop squeezed past, too, I noticed the defense had eaten my tires, so I went in to pit as first in the field in 9th, I soon regained 9th, was passed by Ricardo (who was still in the race, big big surprise :) ) and stayed on 10th almost till the end. managed to slip by Sbordoni who was struggling with a no-stopper Corvette to get back my 9th and brought it home.

whew, those laps in 5th, could get used to it ...

thx admins for this great little league, see you all in two weeks for the grand finale.

DIV 2

I want to say sorry to Marco Bijl first of all, I made 1 misstake that I shouldn't have on the opening lap, the other one might have been more of me not seeing Theo's car all steamy. I'm terribly sorry Marco :( (If you feel like filing a complaint, which I would but I don't have the equipment for it, I would completely understand it).

PRACTICE
As for the event, had about 2 hours of total practice for this one, so I did what I could and I must have found a really good setup, because I was in the top of the grid in practice/pre-practice.

QUALI
In Quali I did a 1.40.3 which I didn't deserve as I did a couple of cuttings and I couldn't match it on a clean lap so I told Hammond, Swart and Bijl to pass me during the formationlap, looking at it I should have been more exact in telling them to pass me as we got away from the gird, sorry for the missed communication there Swart.

RACE
So in the opening lap, I was starting from p6, got a jump on the Matech behind me and was right behind Swart on the straight. I got passed him into the harpin down the steap hill. Or was it out of it, I'm not sure...
I then was behind Marco, and I was there until into the 3rd to last corner were I had my braking point a bit further ahead than him, and I ended up just touching the back of his car as I tried not to hit him :(

I then waited for him and I was 9th (?) behind Ricardo, I got passed him into the hairpin, and then I was behind a Matech I think, which I passed on the same lap, over the crest into the right hander down the hill, I then were behind Marco again, staying there and trying to be careful. Into the first corner a lap later, Theo blew his engine, I couldn't see that and touched Marcos car again spinning him around :( I waited again, was 13th (?) and I started to fight my way up the field.

Deciding then to make a non-stoper might have been bad but it was my best bet as I knew, after about half distance, that my fuel would be sufficient. And so I did, with 10 minutes left, I got the first warning, the warning you never want when doing a non-stoper, "You're tires are getting worn". I thought, "Oh, you don't say!" as I had been driving as on soup for almost 6 laps, I had about 8 seconds to Hammond and I choose to try and keep the distance and make as few misstakes as possible.

It nearly worked out, but I made a misstake as I got my second warning of worn tires, and he could easily pass as I tried to get back onto the tarmac.

I finished 4th, which, with everything included, is AMAZING :)

Yet again, I'm Sorry Marco :(

Thanks to the racers, RD, Marco and Remco for fixing it all :)

Div 2
1.41,8 in practice, get some more practice in Ricardo;)
1.41,8 in quali, Practice done :p
Q:8
R;8
I think Webber blindly steered into me on lap 2 or 3 getting me back in last position (14th at that time). Some nice retirements later I was in 10th and I had passed Eckhart as he had to pit. 32 minutes left and "Your tyres are getting worn" was told by my little friend on the team Radio, pitted and had to start all over again. Overtook Eckhart and a while later also Marco Sbordoni by outbraking him into the hairpin bringing me back to 8th position. Stayed there for the last 10 minutes riskless because Sbordoni lost a hell of a lot time behind me.

Div 1
Could not match the last 2 races were i qualified in 2’nd so this time i ended up in a 8’th place.
The race went well and the “train” of cars from 1-9 where slowly pulling away.
After some laps Remco and Dmytro had contact and i could sneak by, but at the same time Tommi overtook me so only one place gained.
During the next part of the race i was challenging Tommi and it was obvious that he’s tires where going off quicker than mine.
Tommi pitted a bit earlier than mid race but i stuck to my strategy and continued some laps more.
After the pit stops where sorted i was back in 7’th, some 6s behind Tommi who obviously had gained by pitting early.
Slowley i saw the gap decreasing again and with less than 10 laps left it started to shrink really quick, so i know he’s tires where gone again.
With 2 (or 3 ?) laps left i could easily pass out ot of the last corner since he couldn’t turn in at all during acceleration out of the corner.

Really nice fight there Tommi :)

Hold that place until finish and got a nice 6’th place.
Grats podium guys and all other finishers and a huge thanks to our organisers.

I head a good event overall. Quali went fairly well, finished in P4, could possibly gotten P3 but going in the 37,4's was way too fast for me.

The race went good, Helder, Ludovic and Benjamin was the top trio with me trailing 1-2sec behind them for the most part of the first stint. At the end of the stint Benjamin and I had a small fight for P3. I decided to pit early, and then got the "real" lead after all of us had pitted, with 2-3sec down to Helder in P2. He caught me after ten or so laps when my rear tires started going off. Eventually he got by me, and in an overambitious effort on my part to try catching him I spun in the next corner already, which let both Ludovic and Benjamin past me. Congratulations to Helder winning his home event.

Finally, here's a screenshot when I just had lapped Bob Hutchins and he lost control, see you all in Abu Dhabi in two weeks =)
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline