RD GT Championship 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit sad. The first half of the race went very well for me, got quite a lot fights that I enjoyed a lot! But after that I simply started to fell apart. Too less sleep, too much sun yesterday, and too much heat caused it probably. First signs were that I couldn't take Ascari properly, so I got a stop&go at the end, then I made a mistake at Roggia and got another one. Then forgot to stop, just gone through the pits, and then I felt horrible and couldn't concentrate enough to even take 1st corner properly so I decided to pull out before I cause an accident. Anyways I heard some thunder sound from the window so probably I should have left because of the storm coming anyways...

Anyways, thanks for the great race everyone! It was really fun!

Apologies to Mr.Lund, pm-ed. Forced him off track while we were braking for the second chicane. He got a stop & go, so I waited for him to reclaim the place. :) Just wish the guy that punted me off track in the second lap would do the same for me.:frown:

My pit(s)crew has done it again, had to pit again so they'd actually do something. That cost me two places, I reckon. Monza is fine, even tyre usage is bearable here.

Thanks to Bram for making it possible for me to race here.:cool:

It´s really joke, sorry :mad:. I driving me the ass off for 70 min to be in 4th position only to receive then three S & G to be last. Shame for the time :frown:.
Want only thanks Bram who gave me many tips and setup improvements for the race. It worked pretty well, it was a completely different car. I had much confidence and could drive lap after lap in the same way without loosing time to others in comparison like the last races.
Despite that it was also the boringst race cause i drove the whole time for my own without any position change from a pitstop or anything else. Maybe also from this i got unconcentrated and was 1mm to wide. The cutting rules here are only redicoulous to me and destroyed the race cause it view not the achievement which the drivers put in.
So another disappointing race. Is now the third in a row, very frustrating :tongue:. Congrats to the lucky one´s without S & G.

Oi Oi Oi 5 laps before finish I hit the wall :D puncture and front bumper lost hasty do extra pit and finish 6 place I think without front bumper :)
Quali 1 but race Marcin too fast grats for win Marcin and second place Peter :)
Too bad that there was no fight like valencia,meiby next time ;)
Thank you RD.

Mixed feelings for me after the race. Started 11th, and just drove better and better the first 20+ laps.
At one point I was in 3rd, but then i pushed too hard, and got a stop&go penalty for cornercutting.
Then around lap 30, I did my pitstop. But a couple of laps later, I did another corner cutting in T1.

And to top it all of I got my 3rd with an incident with Tom Ostry. But he was a really gentleman, letting me pass him back on the last lap. Thanks a lot for that, great to see!

I think I could have finished 4th today, but ended up 7th. I guess thats not so bad with 3 stop&go penalties. Great racing as always with you guys!

Group 1
Qually: 7th I think
Race: started well and I kept my place, all tho I got 2 cut warnings with in the first 35min, Had my team mate in front and a car only 2 sek back, but the car behind went off I think and I could consentrate on my driving, but when I got to my pitstop about half way I was starting to realise that I would need to have more fuel than I had expected, but I couldent move the marker in the pit menu so I had to settle for what I had preset, and after a couple of laps I had Ross behind me, again ;), and I could hold him of with about 6 sek. but then I started to realise the there was not enough fuel to the finish so I started to short shift to try and save fuel, but I only saved about 0,3 per lap over the last 8 laps or so, and that wassent enough, so on the last lap I had to pit for fuel, and with my faulty pit menu that ment 60l + tires :( so I ended up in 11th, from what could have been a 4th.

Kind of a strange race for me, First of all It's 30degres in my living room where my PC is, then a violent thunder storm is flickerering out side my window thretning to cut off the power at any moment, the cat is meowing like hell, I'm running out of fuel and again I'm beeing hunted down by Ross :) but I got to the finish, so I gues every thing is good any way ;)

cya all next time
Morten

Worst race in this league for me.

Practiced yesterday and my pb in practice was 1.51.6x. Today, I came no further then 1.52.mid and 1.52.0x in qualify. Not good at all, but still P10 at the start.

The initial laps were ok, with up and downs. Just before my planned pitstop I was failing big time. Too much mistakes and 2 or 3 passed me. When I was about to do my pitstop I made a huge mistake, causing me to spin left into the wall, stalled the engine.
Had to cross the racing track to struggle into the pits. Then forgot the apply the limiter and got a stop/go after my pitstop. Grrrr

Then it was again up and downs. Mistakes and suddenly good laps.

I don't understand the finish, I was in P12 or P13 or so. And at the moment of finishing the game it said P10? Not sure if people ran out of fuel or a bug or so. The results will tell.

Grats to Marcin and of course the rest of the drivers. See you next week.

Weee winning :) Nice to be back in a league race on Monza after all those years. P1 in qualy and P1 in the race. Not happy with my fastest laptime as I couldn't get it properly together 3/4 into the race hence one cut warning in the penultimate lap.

Good fun in group 2 tonight, thanks all for joining :)

i thought that was another brilliant endurance race, though this time it was concentration that had to be mastered instead of tyre wear.

Qualied 9th or 10th, and climbed a few places early on as others had 'moments' under braking. Me and team mate Tom had real problems behind 5th placed car Brendan Boss as he had really bad lag for lap after lap making it near impossible to stay close. Unfortunately on about lap 5 or so, it caused a problem for all 3 of us at T1. No idea who had initial contact but Brendans car leapt backwards several feet then lightwarped forward instantly and Tom was sideswiped.

Had brilliant battles and chases with D Lund for about the first 30mins along with fights with other top 5th-8th drivers. Other than running wide at Parabolica once, i had no other errors until late on. Pitted in 3rd with 40mins remaining same time as my seemingly now regular nemesis Keith ! His pitcrew got him out just ahead of me (i put about 5-10L too much fuel in :( ) and then i outbraked myself at T1 with cold tyres and had to take the meandering escape road. I then chased Keith furiously hard for about 20mins with him 3-4secs ahead but could tell he was feeling the pressure from the many lockups under braking ahead of me !
Then alas Bram came round to lap me (fast guy!) and i eased off the throttle up at the 2nd Variante and stupidly crossed the apex whilst offline, getting a flipping stop and go penalty with only 15mins remaining. :-( i was gutted !! I had 5th safely in the bag with a 15sec lead over T Bruin and was enjoying chasing Keith to the end for 4th, but that spoiled it all and cost me 5th place...aaargh!

Finished a good 6th place but disapointed to not be top 5 after a solid drive. Congrats to podium, very fast !! :)

Group 2

Wow, what a race. Especially the first half. I had a horrible qualifying lap putting me in 12th or 13th even. But because of some last minute dropouts I started in p.10.
Was too slow on the gas at the start so I didn't have enough speed on the straight and Erik and Keith passed me left and right at the chicane. So dropped back to 12. Fought my way all the way up to 6th position. At one point after an incident in front of me in the 1st chicane there was a tight group of 5 cars battling it out, man that was very intense, awesome!
Then of course my sincere apologies to mr. Brandon Boss. I actually just missed my braking point going into 2nd chicane and I hit you, thought it was a light hit but it spinned you into the gravel nonetheless. Was waiting for you to get back on track in front of me but then you quit. Really sorry!
This dropped me back to p.9 again. Did my pitstop at 50% which was quite early compared to others I think. After that the 2nd half of the race was a matter of passing others while they were in the pits, doing regular pitstops or s&g's apparantly :tongue:. Brought me all the way back up to p.5, pretty pleased about that!!! :D

Thanks for a great race to everyone and grats to the podium and all the finishers!!

I qualified in P6.

The first stint in the race I was chasing Andreas for most of the time, made some small errors here and where, nothing big. Made two cuttings, managed to avoid getting a third.

In pits I took on too little fuel, so the whole second stint was just fuel saving, I lost time to Andreas but kept Morten 10sec or so behind me. Rami and Andreas pitted later on, making me P3. But with one lap to go I realized I needed to do a quick splash and dash in the pits. This would relegate me to P7. So close to get a podium finish is frustrating to say the least.

Well done everyone, see you next week.

Group 1:

Very exhausting race, the last 30 minutes were the main reason why this track is just dumb on Race 07.

Q: I had a very solid q-lap with an dangerous slide through Ascari that I could barely control without loosing much time
-> 8th (with my online-pb)

R: I knew that I had 3 or 4 guys behind me that are faster with racefuel, so it was not a big surprise to get overtaken multiple times today. I did not defend much because I didn't want to risk anythink today because of the cutting-crap.
I was doing ok for a good amount of time, including the pitstop.
My only problem was that I came out behind Ross, I have really no idea why because I pitted 2 laps earlier and got a normal pitstop.
The real problem started at about 30 minutes from the end, as I got a second cut-warning, just 1 lap after my first.
Especially the second warning was a complete joke and not even close to something like a cut .-.

From that point on I stopped pushing at all and Michal slowly got me, following a scary moment in which he bombs me out of turn1 to almost hand me the s/g penalty. With a bit of luck our cars survived that moment and no s/g either.

I just crawled to the finish costing me atleast a place to Michal in the end, but I came through without penaltys which was more important ;)

-> 6th

Group 2
must admit came a bit unprepared than usual due to a few issues but was happy with car handling during practice and looking forward to quali. made a wee error in lesmo 1 and while smarting over it made a bigger one into lesmo2... oh well we'll be racing from 13th. Zeynel dropped/left and get another position...

Race started well and got a tow out down the main straight to get past theo into T1. Erik i think was passing him the otherside and sneaked past the two of us but with a compromised exit i got that back (P10). At della Roggia i slipped past Dag. Not the plan, but i seemed quite a bit later on the brakes than Dag who - thankfully saw me coming and didn't totally slam the door. (P9) End of lap 1 jonas runs wide and up another place (P8). Lap2 and I nail Mark in Rettifilio (P7) then get Tom Ostry on exit of Ascari (P6) and Brendan "Rubber Band" Boss Down the main straight after a good run out of parabolica (P5). Lap 3 and Sbordoni was the next to be past again at della Roggia (P4). things were going well. closing on Botnarenko... then i spun on Lap5. Dropped to 10th. Smarting from that made an error in Parabolica and dropped to 13th... oh rhubarb!!!

so...

Lap7: passed Timo when he ran wide in Parabolica.(P12) Lap8: passed Nuno at della Roggia (P11 - i like this corner!!!). L13: Erik made a mistake at Rettefilio and I nipped past him (P10). Lap 17: Tom is going slow from Curve Grande and i pass at della Roggia (P9). Lap 19: handed a couple of places where it looks like Theo and Brendan had had an incident on way into della Roggia (P7). Lap 21: Tom (who had been keeping me very honest) goes for a pass at rettefilio but overshoots and i hold position. Lap 24: Sbordoni makes and error in Lesmo2... I pass for P6. Botnarenko and Dag both pit and I'm upto 4th behind Mark. (Dag did you have an sng here?) Lap25: Mark and I pit i was about 1.5sec behind but left with 2 secish lead. Bot and Dag both passed us so P5 it is.

Mark kept me honest - he seemed faster in some spots than me but when he got an sng i had 11sec to car behind. Dag takes a late stop and I'm upto 4th and very happy. with 2 warnings gave the corners much respect thru to the finish.

as you can see - pretty dull race. ;)

thanks to everyone who took part - things looked very good from my view. grats to Bram on win and look forward to the next round!

Not much to say..indeed quite nasty cutting rules on this track..i recieved 2 stop&go's for cutting but two times i admit i cutted,was really going over the kerbs. Otherwise i would be ok in my 4th place.
One more problem was my acceleration on straights,even if i was behind someone,that guy would have take distance from me..don't know why but i was having the slowest car on straights,maybe from the spoiler..was too high,it was set to 8. In the corners i was catching up everybody,but on the straights i was loosing all the gain from corners..very dissapointing. After i had a bad crash too and the 2nd stop&go,i decided to leave the race,i was 16th from 17 drivers.
Great track,nasty cutting on it,cya next time,cheers.

Had a surprisingly good race tonight, things didn't start well as i was late coming home from football and missed qualifying, so i started 18th from 19. The opening few laps were quite a steady affair as i tried to pass David Garcia. I was never really quick enough to make a good move and really required him to make a mistake for me to go through. The mistake came a few laps in and i tried to catch the pack ahead, while also benefitting from other guys going off or pitting. Had a good scrap with Peter Bartfai for a while and was being tailed by David Z until he made an error. Finally caught the back of Yves, Ramon, Michel & Dino just before the pitstops, and briefly took the lead as myself & Ramon stayed out the longest. A very quick pitstop saw me exit in 7th just ahead of Dino , and this would be crucial to me eventually finishing 3rd, as i now had a clear track to try and chase down Morten. (for the 2nd week running!)

With 2 cut warnings i also had to be careful and could only really get a few tenths closer to Morten in the next few laps, but i was fortunate to benefit from Andreas's stop n go, Rami's incident, and then on the last lap, Morten's and David G's trip to the pits to finally finish 3rd, after a tiring race.

Congrats to Marcin, Peter & all finishers. Thanks Bram & RD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back