RD GT Championship 2010 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking forward to this, just fps might become a problem, and with everyone struggling for pace I think we could well have certain packs emerging, should be interesting, gotta be careful at t1

My brother just informed me by phone that hes about to visit with his wife and kids,quite likely it will be a brief affair and i will make it,but i am changing my GPCOS status just in case.... :/.

Tire wear seems to be lower here in the GTR, which is great news!!! Looking at high 36's on a full tank of fuel at the moment, but my laps are still fairly rugged.

On another note, I can't seem to log on to the practice server. It keeps timing out on me. :frown:

Well I had no practise at all, so I joined the server hoping it would be a easy track, but it wasn't, especially if you haven't driven this car for some weeks...

Didn't start the race, because I am only a danger for others on track and dont want to ruin someone else's race....

Hopefully more time to practise for Sebring (atleast I know that track already)

Oh BUGGAR!

Stared qually ok, new PB and 14th spot on the grid, only to make a noob mistake on t4 on cold tires hit the wall (didnt seem hard) turned in for t5 UNDERSTEER! hit wall again, engine gone............. not very happy with myself, stupid, stupid, stupid mistake.......loads of practice not to even finish first racing lap.........lession learned (the hard way).Grrrrrrrrrrr

Well was totally off the pace, started the race, came up with -1 lap behind everyone else?? then knew it was a complete waste and my tracker said I was in the pits for half the lap?? Hated the track, love sebring, watch out for the slug at the back xD

This was not a good race for me. I had massive troubles with the brakes on this track. I don't know if it is because of my new pedal set I use (new Fanatec Clubsport pedals now instead of the G25 pedals) or if it is the track. Or a combination of both. I always needed two laps to get the brakes working and than, about two or three laps later, braking became worth and worth (not to much braking but too less^^). In the race I got it back working for another two laps or so by adjusting the brake balance. After these two laps, they where off again and stayed off. I had more and more wall hits and once, I hit the wrong one (the tires out of the chicane). A big SORRY to Anders, who was too close behind me and was also involved in my crash. A few laps later and one corner further (which was the most difficult one to brake for me), I hit the tires on the outside again and spun. Then the car was too damaged and the tires where too bad to go on, so I pitted. Again, it took me nearly three laps to get the brakes working after the pitstop where they cooled down. But the car was still too damagaged to get fast. And after I let the leaders pass me, my enginge broke due to the front damage of the cooling.

I have to test what my problem was. I hope not the pedal set. I did some races before with them and with car-track-combinations I know I was already faster with the CSPs! But I always had problems to brake consistently...

And my bad luck continues. Got kicked to the desktop with 1 lap to go and put the car into the wall. Despite having pitted for tires, I was running 9th at the time. I struggled to bring the car back around to finish 12th, but it wasn't to be. The car went up in flames just one turn shy of the finish line. I can't absolutely can't believe this. :(

Any ways, had some fun battles early on with Bob, Jan and Jari. Great driving guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%