RD GT Championship 2010 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah idk about that one, i raced several classes there and it's very hard i think to control. maybe do it at singapore or someone make sao paulo and we race there for the first time like indy car and f1.

the HTTT PaulRicard should be legal we used that already here at RD there is an other one with the '70 layout thats not legal

yep, the HTTT PR track is legal, otherwise it won't be used here :)

some more trackideas/wishes/dreams :D :

- Laguna Seca or Road America (both nice tracks, suited well of GT racing and good versions available as default track in Race On)

RDGTC S2 - Entry List

GT1 World Championship

1. Hannu Karesola (Aston Martin DBR9)
  2. Fernando de Almeida (Aston Martin DBR9)
  3. Marcin Skrzypczak (Aston Martin DBR9)
  4. Marcel vd Aa (Audi R8 GT Concept)
  5. Krzysztof Babij (Audi R8 GT Concept)
  6. Eckhart von Glan (Audi R8 GT Concept)
  7. James Johnson (Corvette C6 R)
  8. Michael van Scheppingen (Corvette C6 R)
  9. Christopher Aponte (Corvette C6 R)
  10. Danny Asbury (Dodge Viper GTS/R)
  11. James Chesters (Dodge Viper GTS/R)
  12. Chris Sykes (Dodge Viper GTS/R)
  13. Hugo Hekkenberg (Gumpert Apollo GT)
  14. Hansi Josefsson (Gumpert Apollo GT)
  15. Remco de Wildt (Gumpert Apollo GT)
  16. Neil Gault (Koenigsegg CCGT)
  17. Dave Stephenson (Koenigsegg CCGT)
  18. Yves Larose (Koenigsegg CCGT)
  19. David Garcia (Lister Storm)
  20. Martin Vrba (Lister Storm)
  21. Xose Estrada (Lister Storm)
  22. Yoeri Gijsen (Saleen S7-R)
  23. Freddie Besems (Saleen S7-R)
  24. Bram Hengeveld (Saleen S7-R)
  25. Guest Driver (Corvette C5 R)
Corvette C5 R Championship

1. Henrik Horvath (Corvette C5 R)
  2. James Fellows (Corvette C5 R)
  3. Satoru Ohno (Corvette C5 R)
  4. Hugo Gonçalves (Corvette C5 R)
  5. Dan Coldrick (Corvette C5 R)
  6. David Zafiu (Corvette C5 R)
  7. Tobias Kluge (Corvette C5 R)
  8. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan (Corvette C5 R)
  9. Gyula Fekete (Corvette C5 R)
  10. Fabio Fernandes (Corvette C5 R)
  11. Bob Hutchins (Corvette C5 R)
  12. Marius Neverauskas (Corvette C5 R)
  13. Saso Prosen (Corvette C5 R)
  14. Ulli Haus (Corvette C5 R)
  15. Chris Moses (Corvette C5 R)
  16. Giorgos Davakos (Corvette C5 R)
  17. Robert Hoggins (Corvette C5 R)
  18. Brad Merys (Corvette C5 R)
  19. Konrad Stanczak (Corvette C5 R)
  20. Dinca Andrei (Corvette C5 R)
  21. Jari Vinnari (Corvette C5 R)
  22. William Nowell (Corvette C5 R)
  23. Alex Woods (Corvette C5 R)
  24. Ondrej Kapal (Corvette C5 R)
  25. Free Slot

RDGTC S2 - League Format

League: RaceDepartment GT Championship
Season:
2 (2010)
Game(s) Required:
GTR Evolution by SimBin
Current Number of Divisions:
2: RD GT1 World Championship, RD C5R Championship.

Introduction

With the summer almost near its time to fill in the gap between two RDTCC seasons. The GT Pro cars will be cleaned from their dust to revive the highly popular RDGTC league from 2008/2009.

This league will be on invitational basis only!
Everybody who is interested can apply for a space but we decide who will eventually drive based on a few criteria:
- driving standards
- commitment
- participation in previous RD leagues

This means that some people will be disappointed but that is unfortunately the downside of this system. We might open up a second server for a second group that will be the feeder series for the next seasons.

24 available cars

1. Aston Martin DBR9
  2. Aston Martin DBR9
  3. Aston Martin DBR9
  4. Audi R8 GT Concept
  5. Audi R8 GT Concept
  6. Audi R8 GT Concept
  7. Corvette C6 R
  8. Corvette C6 R
  9. Corvette C6 R
  10. Dodge Viper GTS/R
  11. Dodge Viper GTS/R
  12. Dodge Viper GTS/R
  13. Gumpert Apollo GT
  14. Gumpert Apollo GT
  15. Gumpert Apollo GT
  16. Koenigsegg CCGT
  17. Koenigsegg CCGT
  18. Koenigsegg CCGT
  19. Lister Storm
  20. Lister Storm
  21. Lister Storm
  22. Saleen S7-R
  23. Saleen S7-R
  24. Saleen S7-R
  25. Corvette C5 R (Guest Driver)
Calendar

There will be more seasons in one calendar year. All feature a four, five or six race weekend championship on five or six sunday nights in a row.

Season 2 Track List:

Round 1: Brno 07 (Sunday May 23, 2010)

Round 2: Spa-Francorchamps (Sunday May 30, 2010)
Round 3: Nürburgring GP (Sunday June 27, 2010)
Round 4: Circuito Algarve (Sunday July 4, 2010)

Session Info

Practice: On race day the servers will be open all day to practice

Super Pole Qualification: 18.15 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: 18:25 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 18:40 GMT (Formation Lap + 60 minute race + forced pit stop with a minimum of two tires changed)

Cockpit view

RDGTC S2 will be a forced cockpit view league. No other views can be selected in the game. After S2 we will review the experiences with the league drivers.

Independents and Constructors

RDGTC is an individual championship, however constructor points are also ranked in a championship. All 24 cars will need to be selected to form a balanced 8x3 cars grid

RD C5 R Championship (feeder serie)
A second group of drivers will form the Corvette C5 R Feeder Serie. The winner of each round of the feeder serie will be invited to drive as a guest in the next group 1 race! Eventually the best drivers from the feeder serie will be invited for RDGTC Season 3.

The feeder serie will be a single make championship driven with the Corvette C5 R

Liveries

Everybody can drive in their own livery. However for this league it is not mandatory to have a skin.

Livery deadline: Friday May 21, 2010

Absense

This is the most important part of the league briefing you need to understand! If you are allowed to drive the in league we expect you to be present during all races of the season. If you happen to miss out on an event and go missing in action afterwards without giving any notice the race staff reserve the rights to terminate your licensed member status on RaceDeparment.

Incidents

It may happen that rules get violated. In such cases it is up to the drivers to report the violation. The staff encourages this and will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers.

No report = no investigation = no penalty

A report can be sent to the staff by
private message. It must always contain:

• Name of the league: RDGTC S2
  • The name of the reported driver (the violator)
  • A link to a youtube or vimeo movie that shows the incident in various angles
  • A short description of the incident, without rant.
You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. Report from outsider will be not be considered.
After sending the staff will then investigate the incident. Incomplete reports will not be considered.

Reports must be sent within 24 hours of the finish of the race. Reports that come in too late might not be considered.

General League Rules

All the general league rules are written down in a document for the 2010 league season.
Click here to read it!

Undecided, therefore a provisional format :)

It will be held after the RDTCC season finishes in a few weeks.

Gonna be a high quality league again and i like that all cars are making their presence in this league!

Its gonna be tough to get a spot in this league (haven't got my hopes up high, cause i expect about double or triple signups then spots :)) If i won't be picked i have my hopes up for the eventual feeder series (GT sport/club-ish?) or RC event in the shadow of the league.

Lets wait and see how this will unfold :)

idk bram about how you pick drivers because i tried to go in the rdtcc and you said i had to have raced in a couple races to be in the rankings so that could effect if i go in or not. The reason i don't race as much is because i'm not always able to race like what day it is and what time. I'm in the nations gp so that will be one league and i might race the stc season finale because it the only on i can run. How many leagues do i have to compete in to be allowed in?

All signups will be reviewed by the RD staff and those that have a bad record will be refused:
- people signing out constantly
- people that have a history of quitting leagues or not show up
- people that have done hardly any racing
- people that DNF more than they finish
- etc

Those people should not sign up as this league is not for them. I fear that more and more we have to go to such exclusivity solutions to reward committed drivers and those that don't not.

But to answer your question: i think that there are many people before you on the list that have a fantastic league record here at RD. So my tip stays the same: enter some club events first and build a track record. We don't care about speed but we do care about driving standards: how people behave on the track, is the most important thing.

Example: Eckhart von Glan who drives at RD already for a few years in leagues never won but is always present, friendly and committed and i cannot recall that ever one single complaint has been filed against him. Also he finishes every league he starts.

Such people can sign up and will 100% sure be in! So it has nothing to do with speed but more with maturity (can be of all ages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%