RD GT Championship 2010 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be down to the choice of the driver, the choice shouldn't be made for them IMO. There are many views for a reason and being forced into one is very unfair towards people who are used to another view.

There is no teams danny. All individual.
Bram i am trying my hardest to get on the track! i will be the nations gp on friday and might be in the stc at le mans. Club races aren't waiting for me, i'm waiting for them. Can't find a race i can make. I can only race on weekends and i can't get vln to work so i can't race on saturday for the euro club and the sunday race is way way way too early for me to race so club races, i'm waiting.

I note your in the U.S

Eric Nelson Runs a good few American Racing Club events.

There has been enough guys shouting for it in the past so maybe it is time to stop ignoring them and give them their way for once, at least if you dont like the format then you don't have to sign up. I know myself that if the cockpit view of a car is crap then i don't drive that car and now only pick cars that i like the cockpit view from.

So if i had been able to join these races then i would also have voted for a 'yes give it a go" but like the touring car league i think this one is planned for every Sunday which rules it out for me, if they were every second week then not so bad i would of sacrificed some of my family time.

Indeed, a lot of good action in the American racing club here on RD thanks to Eric.

Austin, I do see one theme occuring in all your posts here. You keep saying that you can't find a race you can make. Considering the quantity of events run here at RD in both the European and American racing clubs, in addition to a wide variaty of leagues, there should be something to suit your schedule. I hope I am not reading to much into what Bram has been saying, but it is my understanding that Bram only wants drivers who will run every single event no matter what. Which of course means, more established drivers would receive priority. Given your own statements here, I am not so sure this league is for you. Join us for some club events in the American racing club sometime. We'd love to have you.

Meh its annoying though when people sign up for a league taking a valuable slot and then they dont bother to actually take part in any of the races talk about wasting time and space. And the thing is it happens all the time so i agree with bram with the new process.

look. I know we have a american race club here but here's the thing. When those races start, i'm doing this :sleepin: and with me i being so young i have to be in bed by 10 or 9. Euro races i can make but for me they are during school so i can only make weekend events. In the weekend i just look for a race i can race and if i'm out doing sopmething i HAVE to do i can't do it. Lot of the time i'm out go karting and can't race. Really from my perspective i'm not really home. Home to me is the smell of rubber and sound of race cars right in front of me. Basically i'm saying racing is my life and i'm not gonna let it down. If i can see a race in my time slot on the weekend at a day i can go it's a definte show for me. You guys just think i'm not that interested in this or sim racing at all. Well that's not the case. I'm just trying to get the life i always want while i have the chance and will never ever give up. no offense but i'm Not gonna show up to these races driving like a wanna be race car driver. I'm gonna race all races i can make and if you guys don't want me to race because you think i don't really care and use go karting as a excuse, then i hope i can prove you wrong and just show you by being on tv at on the race track driving in a car sim racing won't ever beat.

Austin, please don't take my post out of context, I am not accusing you of anything. In fact I think it is great that you have a dream and are persuing it. I wish you the best of luck with all of that, but the point I was trying to make is simply that unless you know you will race every single race, a league isn't your best option.

I think sim racing has nothing to do in what camera view you drive.
Its about being competitive and maximise the car and circuit.
Some prefer that in hood and some prefer that in cockpit cam.
Both are good imo, because sim racing is the behaviour you show on the track
no mather which camera views you take.

After i voted i was so glad to see that YES have the most votes :). When i joined RaceDepartment,i wasn't able to control the car from outside,so in 2009,all 3 Endurance events where i participated i drove from inside,untill no 3 months when a friend of mine told me to try T-Cam or that one from the nose on the motorplate.From that i used only outside as my laptimes were lower,better. But i have to say that i really miss cockpit driving as it was very real and harder,wich make the race more interesting. Also is there a few advantages from inside,i mean just one or two :D: One - You,v got inside mirrors. Two - You can see better in right and left. So YES for me. Cockpit forced! Can't wait!:rally:

Hmmm... good point Ivo. I don't really care, but I do believe it a) is more realistic and b) having a standardized league would create a more level playing field for all.
To be honest, in my opinion it doesn't create a more level playing field, as some are used to cockpit view and are because of that automatically faster than others that are not used to it.

Hmmm... good point Ivo. I don't really care, but I do believe it a) is more realistic and b) having a standardized league would create a more level playing field for all.

It isn't more realistic, Your view is badly restricted in cockpit view.
B.) I don't really see how it's more of a level playing field, If you want more of a level playing field, then you would have fixed setups.

Austin, I'll say this about your post. This is an online SIM racing site. We race online. Whatever you do in your personal life is your personal business. The point is, I think the league is looking for guys who sim race here often. That's all I'll say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%