RD GT Championship 2010 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote yes, as I have been driving cockpit view for the past 6 months. Even though I am quicker in hood mode I will never change back as the feeling in cockpit mode is the best.

If there will be forced cockpit view, there is a big chance I will not participate. I am not used to it, can't drive with it, and I will only cause incidents because of my lack of experience, and I don't want to ruin anyone's race.

Bram i can't wait any longer. Get the schedule set up and open sign ups. I'm ready to go! You think we could have a practice server for now at the tracks that are allowed to be raced at to get ready for the series?

Austin I have tried to be subtle in my comments in this chat thread. I have hinted a few times that only people with a league and track record are able to participate. Unfortunately you have neither of them at this point, so please don't get your hopes up too high.

Get active in the club first and we will see from there. No need to start pushing with schedules and stuff as things are not in the perfect form yet.

I am not sure guys if is the question about what are you using - it is a little bit selfish to say "I vote yes because i am using it all the time" (please dont understand it as flame or something like that) - but a lot of you are telling that you voted yes only because of this.. I think it isnt reason - each guy has his private to use each cam, but what I meant is that if you are planning some kind of league with really hard pre-qual rules then it is good to have it "professional" all the way - then forced cockpit view :) (you can too move your cam to position like in RBR and it is like hood cam then)

I am voted yes because i always drive in cockpit fiew. For me this is the most realistic way of driving a virtual car. I like the REAL mirrors, wipers and hud of the car... It really gives me the idea that i am in the real car.

And yes, you have to be more careful when you overtaking a car. :thumbup:

i voted no, there is many reasons why i voted no. first of all i think the driving view is a personal choice and it shouldn,t be force, second is more of a personal opinion, i find the cockpit view unrealistic. when you drive a real car your focus is the road and you briefly change focus when you look at your mirror or anything else in the car, in the case of a game the focus is the screen therefor the road and the interior of the car which for me is way to distractive. another thing is that the right side of the car is completely blind, adding to that in certain car ( GTS Vette for exemple ) the front view is way too limited and you barely see 2 foots infront of the car which in term will penalize anyone that will take that car and it will certainly add the risk of incidents and that for anyone that is not use to drive the cockpit view.

All the real racers I spoke with about this say none of the views in SimRacing are very realistic compared to what you see in a real race car, Most prefer hood as you can see more then in cockpit, as cockpit gives you to much of a limited view.

Just an observation but should this poll have been created after the drivers had been selected? I clicked yes before I realised that 1. I might not be selected anyway and 2. I might have to miss the races due to being at different university even if I did get selected.

While I like to think driving in cockpit mode is more realistic than not and I am used to it as I haven't raced with the hood cam since TOCA2 on my PS1, it is unfair on those who are slower with it as they would have to put more time into getting up to speed. It's kind of a 50/50 for me...

not all of us has money for buying playing seats or cockipt stuffs or track ir or somethings like that and everywthing we've got is that cockpit view in game (but I understand that it can be for you uncomfortable, but for example for me is it the only way to get it realistic and as Erick said that everyone can use some plastic to do your own cockpit - no)... after this discuss I am not sure what to think, for one side it is really great challenge for other it is su*king stuff which will destroy their feeling from the driving.. but still I think the compromise is the cockpit forced and real seat option off, you guys who likes hood view can get camera closer the front window you can also turn off real mirrors and we will be all happy, isn't it? I didn't try the difference between this and hood cam but you cant set hood and cockpit view only or am I wrong? If so this will be the best choice, yes

I've got a small question. With 3 of each car available, how will teams work? Will it go 1 team, 1 car model, 3 drivers?

(Side note: I know chances are I won't get an invite to join in, but I'm still curious as to how the teams will work. I plan on following the series regaurdless of my participation, as I like watching the GT PRo replays.)

There is no teams danny. All individual.
Bram i am trying my hardest to get on the track! i will be the nations gp on friday and might be in the stc at le mans. Club races aren't waiting for me, i'm waiting for them. Can't find a race i can make. I can only race on weekends and i can't get vln to work so i can't race on saturday for the euro club and the sunday race is way way way too early for me to race so club races, i'm waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%