RD GT Championship 2010 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have done what I promised, I participated each race after R1 and this one was... crazy, thanks to my point I wrote before and less practice and god know what else... I am happy I finished, I had some terrible whiles but some good with Janos! this is the worst feeling I so far ever had - I had some chances to pass you but I was lapped by you so I couldnt... I hated that, but that 2 laps with you gave me some racing to this race, some I had with other guys too - but for the rest of race it was boring suffer with HOT all around me...
Congratz to Podium and thanks for this great league which wasnt the best for me but which was? I am newbie still after almost half a year of racing with you but I am doing better now, I can feel it
Thanks to Bram for organize this, thanks to drivers I raced in C5R league see you next time :thumb:

very short race report...

started from 6..had a fight with Fekele...spone...came out 9th...fight my whey back...when finaly closed the gap..spone again(hate this car)...again tring very hard t close ga...pitted as late as i could...came out 9..with 7sec to recover..did that had about 1.2sec then spine again...(hate this car)then i got laped.and next lap in graphics said "driver in front 1 lap" - "driver in back 2 laps" ...how the F*** that happend..?and by the end of the race it was like that...don;t now why...
the most bad race of me on RD, extremly nervos,realy swety and tired....

10-x Bram...this was a good championhip...only i'm to stupid and nooob(hate this car)

10-x RD

10-x u all...

(hate this car)

Sorry for the starting lap.
Started very slow. Waiting for Chris who's engine was stalled?? Decided to go leaving Chris behind. Then still beiing as carefull as possible but suddenly a lot of cars where slowing down below 60 i think, and i couldnt avoid some collission. (braked hard) Then got hit from behind.

So went for last spot. And when Chris was goiing for a Pitstop i followed him in to start even behind him.

Nice one Extra fuel etc.

Had a very heave car with 160 litres fuel onboard, bit undriveble.

Tonight could practice my staying out of the way from all of you. In which i luckely succeeded almost.

only once when Yves lapped me and blew his engine, my screen was totally black from his smoke and oil. Then some other fellow who was gaining very quick gave me a punch causing me to turn round.

Anyway i think i won the battle who has the most fuel onboard after the race. (still having 100 litres)

Okay, now thanks to RD for setting this races up, and thx for letting me join.

Still loving my baby "Saleen"

Sorry for the starting lap.
Started very slow. Waiting for Chris who's engine was stalled?? Decided to go leaving Chris behind. Then still beiing as carefull as possible but suddenly a lot of cars where slowing down below 60 i think, and i couldnt avoid some collission. (braked hard) Then got hit from behind.

So went for last spot. And when Chris was goiing for a Pitstop i followed him in to start even behind him.

Nice one Extra fuel etc.

Had a very heave car with 160 litres fuel onboard, bit undriveble.

Tonight could practice my staying out of the way from all of you. In which i luckely succeeded almost.

only once when Yves lapped me and blew his engine, my screen was totally black from his smoke and oil. Then some other fellow who was gaining very quick gave me a punch causing me to turn round.

Anyway i think i won the battle who has the most fuel onboard after the race. (still having 100 litres)

Okay, now thanks to RD for setting this races up, and thx for letting me join.

Still loving my baby "Saleen"

Sry about tagging you on in t4. :)

Qualy: as crap as expected, same laptime than in practice (that was also 0,5 sec over my PB) so 17th

Race: crazy warmup lap, in the main straight, all the pack accelerated than braked hard so to avoid Babij I went into the barriers, no major damage it seems but still not the best way to start a race. The cars behind me were not there yet so i continued in my position until the corner on the hill. The pack braked again but this time I did on time and with enough distance but not the car behind me who hit me quite seriously :tongue:... this track seemed difficult to mantain a constant pace on the warmup lap.

In the start I lost one position, but managed to overtake Babij and Gault later, but we started an interesting battle with some kisses until (I saw this on the replay) he lost the car in a turn so slowed down much and I hit him. I wasn't sure of what happened so wait for him to let him regain position in the hairpin.

After this, the next interesting thing was also an accident, with Michael V.S. when he was rejoining track with so bad luck that he lost the car and slowed so I couldn't avoid him.

Then, cruise to the end, and end race in P13.

Cya!.

My race report from C5R cup:
Had very little őractoce before the event, could run only about 15 laps. I arrived home only in the last minute due to high traffic, 7 mins left from the qualy when I entered. Managed to take the 8th position.
Race: In the first lap I could move up to P6 due to staying out of trouble... :)
Then the faster drivers (Gyula, Caramidaru, Giorgos) slowly closed the gap on me. Gyula overtook me fastly, but had some good fight with the others. Didn't defend my position hard because I was worried about the tires. Finally my tire preserving driving paid off, managed to take the 7th position at the checkered flag.

Thanks RD, Bram, Remco for organizing this.
Although I joined in the middle of the season, and got disconnected at Nurburgring, I had a lot of good time in the league.

QUALY: I managed to qualy on a good P13 after Jari and Bram, so I was happy.

RACE: After the start I managed to overtake Bram and to keep Jari and Yoeri´s pace for a while until my tyres really where gone. Then I start loosing time, positions and having some fun defending from Fernando de Almeida who was really fair and patient.

It was really a privilege to be part of the champ and I would like to thanks the admins for all the work.

Cheers!

Quali: blew it when I got a disqual already in t3 for going a bit too far to the left in the breakzone? never happened before ...

started dead last, which was 21st. Chris stalled and I had to pass him to not lose contact to the grid, when I caught up with the boys in t3, Michael v S was running wide and rejoining in front of me rather than at the back of the pack. Coming up to that last left hander uphill the road was solidly blocked in front of me so I went into Freddie and got hit from behind by Chris. After that the Audi felt decidedly strange in all right hand turn exits :( as I followed the pack about 8-9 secs down. The really sad thing was that I kept my distance to the guys I followed at about 9 secs for lap after lap after lap, so I really could have had a close fight in the first stint :( :( :( rather than going alone for 80% of the game.
Pitted at exactly half-time, a little later than most to have slightly better tires if there was to be a close fight in the last laps. In the last 15 mins I then had a terrific battle with Michael (especially laps 32 and 33) with various passes as each of us tried to gain a little advantage as we were being lapped by, amongst others, my teammate Babij. Finished 14th just half a sec or so ahead of Michael, a nice finish to a race that couldn't have started worse.

Thx all participants for a seriously fair league.
Thx all admins for setting this up and doing the admin work..
Thx RD for providing the hardware and logistics.

replay file: http://rapidshare.com/files/404954303/Algarve_100704_2042_Race1.7z

See you all next season (WTCC again???)

oef it was a wet and wild race for me in the first half...without the wetness of course :)
due to low practice only placed a 6th place on track, but then slowly gained the guys up front and had to battle the Lister hard....he was faster but I was fast at some key places....
but I had to first so hard that I lost the rear a lot of times or going wide a lot of times and loosing a lot of time :)
in the end great pit stop strategy set a 14 sec cushion for me so I can try to go faster and smoother....P3 in the end....3 P3 in the last 3 races
it was a great season....thanks to everyone ;)

I had trouble with this track all week. It just drives weird in the Dodge, not to mention I've never driven here before. On race day, I didn't have much pace through practice, but toward the end, I started to get it working. Managed to qualify 5th overall, something I was highly surprised with. Then I was even more surprised to find out I would have qualified 2nd if I didn't screw up my 3rd sector so bad.

Anyhow, during the race there seemed to be some pushing up front and I was able to get up to 3rd. Once my tires went though, I fell back to 5th. Went into the pits early, but after that I ran wide on a corner and got a stop and go penalty. I still haven't figured out how to do a stop and go, but I gave it a try and it didn't work, instead it was changing my tires. I decided to pull out after that, cause I was about to be DQ'd anyway because that was my last possible lap to perform the stop and go.

All in all, this was a great championship. It was fun to see how I stacked up with some of these great drivers week in and week out. Unfortunatley, I failed to complete 2 races (the two where I was doing the best :( ) because of pit problems. I'm pretty confident I'll have that stuff taken care of next time around though.

Admins, it's been a pleasure to drive in this league. I'm highly greatful you guys even picked me for this. It was an honor.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Very happy just to have completed this one without a stop n go, and even happier to get 11th just in front of the Lister Duo of Garcia and Estrada.
My first race here although i did learn the layout a bit from a little practice for a stc race some weeks ago, and from that i learned it was a track that i was never going to love, for some reason i keep getting mixed up with one of the blind crests as i find myself turning sharp left instead of straight down the hill and then left but thankfully i did not do this in the race:D
This was my third race in as many nights and it began to tell on me as the race wore on as i had trouble gripping the wheel and was very slow in a couple of corners as i could not make the proper gear change and hold the wheel at the same time, but i made it round without any major incident. Had a couple of close ones, one when Yoeri exited the pits right in front of me, ran wide off track then came back on in front of me just before the hairpin right but we avoided contact so no problem, it gave me a scare at the time but looking at the replay then it was not too bad.

It is a pity that my BVM team mate and fellow Koenigsegg driver blew his engine as there was only one point between us in the league standings before tonight :frown: and from his pace in this race he was looking good to grab top Koenigsegg spot.

So it has been a great little season of GT racing, my first real races with the Koenigsegg and i loved it, just wish simbin would do the GT classes justice and give us more tyre options.

Thnx all for some good races. :doublethumb:

PS for some reason i am listed twice in the driver standings for this league and since this has happened i can no longer log into gpcos to change any allocations for any other leagues :frown:

I always use cocpit view so I cannot compare it with other view. Important thing is FOV to avoid problems with feeling the distance to the other car.

And I definetely must but 16:9 monitor to have wider range of see.

it's nice and more close to real thing BUT..and there is a big one....no matter what mirrors do u use...real or virtual..u realy have allot of blindspots...and that caused allot off unforced incidents...
in my opinion...i wrather use nose for feel the distance from the car in front..or swing man in endurance race...
to sum up good with force cocpit but not so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back