RD GT Championship 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
my engien popped braking for turne 1 in the 2nd lap realy sorry Sebastien cuz of no engien i could not brake as i would normaly :(

NP Michael, it's the race, no damage on my BM!! i will post my race report later!! But TeamGG on the top five (sorry KW drivers!!) me and Julien are very happy!! thanks RD, for this championship, thanks to all pilots for the fairplay, and Tim, Ben, Andreas, Garry, Simon, for the incredible battle in all races!! it was impresive!!

That's just great! Never had any problem with this game and with latest patch i am the disconnection-man!! Lap 8: boom gone and away!
Was so looking forward to this 2 hour race and then this again. Big timerbug during the race so we couldnt see how much time was left, it's a joke!
I think i have just done my last race in GTR Evolution :(

I was just racing this evening for the fun of it and was fighting hard with, my own tires, and with Danny Pattiwael but in the 20th lap I had a mechanical problem with my engine and couldnt continue. :quiet:

That's just great! Never had any problem with this game and with latest patch i am the disconnection-man!!

Same here :(

I think i have just done my last race in GTR Evolution :(

Yeah, with my last two races being only minidumps I'm thinking of driving more rFactor again.

Omg, I just came in here thinkin I was the only one having problems. I had a gamefreeze at 26th lap. So disappointed cause I never thought I would feel comfortable on this track. Had a great race with David Lemon and Tim, sorry for the touching and nudging there David.

@ Tim, nice racing. Learned a bit where you are much faster (pretty much everywhere, but still). Although I think you were just toying me around haha..

Tough luck guys! ^^^ (Who got minidumps etc)

I got some good practice in earlier and a bit last night, enough to get a pretty good setup on the go which turned out to be good.

Quali:

Was a very messy lap, mistakes all over after getting stress from my lady friend before the race. Got a 203.7, which was quite a bit of my 202.5 I did earlier when practicing, but enough for second on the grid :)

Race:

Got a very good sling shot from the pole man Rodolph going out of the last corner and could pass him going into turn 1 to take first place. From then on I just built up the gap and kept looking after my car, keeping the tyres in OK condition and hope nothing would go wrong. For the first time in ages it was a clean race without any problems and finished the race 30 seconds ahead of 2nd to take my 3rd win in the series and jump up to 3rd in the standings from 5th.

I want to say thanks to everyone who put this championship on, IMO I think the GT Club series was the best and closest series in the RDGTC this season. All credit for everyone who took part this season to make it into a good championship.

Well done to Patrick and whoever won the teams championship.

Congrats Patrick for the championship win. Very well done!

Race report:

Practice
My practice started messy, being a bit late and could only drive 15 mins. Was not pleased with my time but was still in top 10 :)

Qualify
I made 2 major mistakes which costed me at least 0,3-0,8 sec. The rest of the lap was very smooth without much slides just very hard trying :) Was 4th on the grid. Very, very pleased with it.

Race
This time I started a bit faster compared to normal. Normally I start a bit slower to save tires and get into a rhythm.
I really don't know for sure what happened during the race, but only thing I know is having a fight with Yoeri, Jari and Patrick during the whole 2 hours of racing. Superb skills guys.
PS. Patrick our contact was just racing incident, no need to let me pass. Anyway you won the champ, which was your goal :)

In the last part of the race Youri was off pace and Jari and I could pass him. I was gaining on Jari, but 2 backmarkers unfortunately keep me from my pace.
I was closing in fast in the last lap, but then I saw the finish flag from Damians win. Just some laps short for 2nd spot.

Well done Damian and Jari, I am pleased with the last podium spot :)

Thanks everyone for the excellent racing in this league. The quality was overall much, much better then the former WTCC league. Lets keep it this way (or better) for future leagues.

As with Bram and some others, this was my last Race 07/GTR Evolution/STCC race for some time I think.
I am very disappointed with the latest changes to the game. Not only does it destroy my pleasure in driving, its full of bugs. More lag, more lockups, timers not working, Setup screen takes 20 secs to switch on my PC. It feels not right continuing this.

See you hopefully back in rFactor, thats where I stay for da moment :)

Bye all.

Well I was boasting to Warren before the race about how I'd never had a screen freeze since I changed to a Radeon Graphics card, talk about scudding yourself :) had a great race with Danny,Tim and towards the end Warren, I was in 8th place just in front of Warren and coming to the line when my screen froze and I mean right on the line so I don't know if I finished 8th or not but it doesn't really matter had a great nights racing and now can't wait for the real league to start with proper cars.... MINIS!! :D congrats to all at RD on another great league and thanks for all the hard work setting these up :):):)

Gratz to Patrick.

I had a medicore race whcih I only have myself to blame for. I came in late with little practice and my first lap in the car here was my qualy out lap. I spun on my hot lap and managed 16th on the grid.

In the race I had a nice race long fight with Eck, even though we were at points a minute apart. Early on we had a coming together and it was clear to me that even though he was behind he meant business. Sadly after he passed me I made an error and crashed in turn one and pitted for repairs.

I gave chase hoping to make up time and had a fight with Keith for a little while and he put a nice pass on me and blocked my attack very nicely and left me for dust.

I was a minute ahead of Eck at this point some how and managed to take the last turn too tight and hit the wall. luckilly I didn't die but limped round with a puncture losing time. In the pits 20 seconds passed before any work was done and Eck got a 30 seconds lead.

I closed this lead to within 10 seconds and then picked up a stop go, dropping me 30 seconds back again. Which I again closed. Unknowingly on the last lap I was in striking distance of Eck. I was much faster on teh straight and he swerved across to block me so I had to go outside into the chicane.

As we turned in we touched and went straight on and I ended up spinning and losing the place to Eck. I have to admit I felt upset by this as from my point of view with pulses racing that his driving was unfair. But on reflection having had many good races with Eck this is not his style.

Not the best season and I had hoped to finish it with more points for the team, but sadly not to be.

Thanks to RD for seting up a great league, and roll on the next one!

well... where to begin...

minidump as selecting car to join practice... not a good start. reboot. stop all services again. attempt 2. :)

had a wee futter with setup which was handling nice for quali and mucked it up. still 14th, with 13th when Jesper dropped was my normal start position so happy bunny there.

strategy... fuel up and see how long the stuff lasts then go from there.

early battles were fun. when faster cars fell behind i knew i needed to hold them up as much as possible cos of my heavy load. good driving from all concerned imo swapping back and forth for the apex, using different lines, cutting back - was great! unfortunatley though tried a bit to hard at the chicane and spun across the road taking a BFR car. rejoined behind. as people started to stop I was looking good for fuel with 30L left. (i guess this was around 40-45 mins) staying out was working well and i'd got upto 10th with about 30seconds on car behind. then around the late 20's i got a freeze, same as at magny. prayed not to drop but engine note stuck... then it dropped a bit... then the wheel jiggled, then the pc came back- with dodgy graphics, but it was back!!! about 1min at least lost there, my finger was poised on the power button!.

onto the gas and a couple of laps to see how it was going. no fuel warning, no tyre warning but no idea position or fuel load. decided to pit... maybe a bit to early though.

rest of race was really me just taking to myself and i counted outload up and down the gears so i knew where i was. only got it wrong once when i managed to pull into N. oops!

calculating time based on Damians laps and started short shifting as closing in on car ahead but with 3/4 to go had to stop for a quick splash and dash. came out 38 seconds and crossed 17 down on Steven... so not bad.

concidering circumstances happy with 14th and very happy with the overal position, was thinking any points would be a bonus!

Congrats to champ and well done to everyone. i must say the scraps near the back have been great and I'm sure everyone throught the grid feels the same.

EDIT: below... cockpit view anyone? plus the "sponsored racing line"

Attachments

• cockpitview.jpg
    cockpitview.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 278
  • finalcorner.jpg
    finalcorner.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 316
Thanks guys for what has been a very enjoyable league, loved nearly every minute of but i will have nightmares of a lagging vertigo for a while yet :nailbiting:
Congrats to the podium yet again :worship:

I was happy with my race as it was my first time out with a new wheel so it was a bit weird but in a good way :laugh2:
The race itself was a hard one for me as i just ain't man enough to handle the Aston on worn tyres because once they drop below 75% it is a son of a b****h to stop the big heavy sod :sinister: The first stint saw my engine health drop to 91% before i pitted as i had a habit of holding too much revs before the last corner so once i sorted that out it was not too bad and until i dropped down through the box too quickly one time and after that i just had to touch 6000rpm and the health would drop again so the last 6 or 7 laps i just had to nurse it home :tremble:
I had hoped to finish in front of Krzysztof tonight but it was not to be but i still had a hell of a time so thanks all until the next time :dance2:

Attachments

• sick.jpg
    sick.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 275
close close

This was a race of 3 - 2 - 1:

3 touches with Beemers
2 mighty freezes
1 furious last lap

quali: just got on before the quali utterly stressed out, managed to stay below 2:10 with a lap that was c... at first and great in the last sector.

race: From the beginning on I had minor graphics problems (stutter / lag / and an awful fps) which I have never experienced before. Dropped to last in lap1 but soon caught up to Rich and started a great battle. I guess for about ten laps we were 1.5 apart, superb fun, me slowly getting rid of the tiredness I started off with. Then I miscalculated my breakpoint before the final chicane and hit and turned Rich, all my fault. I waited and let him pass. A bit later I could pass him (s.a.) and then had some breathing space. As I pulled in for my only stop after 60 odd minutes and in pos.14 I had the first black screen ever in an online race. The screen came back on after about 1.30 mins (felt like at least four hours!) with my car parked a few yards away from my pit. Reversed and pitted. Back out the stuttering and fps drops had gotten worse and this led (I guess) to Beemer touch number two, again in the chicane, only this time it was Keith. Sorry mate, your car went all wobbly as you passed me. A bit later I had my second black screen, this time I lost about half a minute.
As the race drew to a close my tires were giving out and the fuel started to get dangerously sparse. My external watch showed 2:05 hours as I crossed the line for the last lap with 6l of fuel left. As I tried to save fuel every which way, Rich came closer and closer and we flew down the final straight side by side, me on the inside in the runup to the chicane. From my pov we both breaked seriously late and being on the inside I got the upper hand as we both kind of slided through the chicane on doggone tires after a long tournamenet and a long race. Having watched the replay tomorrow night I might come to a different conclusion, but I agree I was not giving away an inch there.
Came in 15th and nabbed the last point of the tournament (which I felt I deserved after losing a whole lap to black screens ...)

Great tournament, thx for all the guys who turned up tonight, thx for the RD staff for setting this up, great job!

=then around the late 20's i got a freeze, same as at magny. prayed not to drop but engine note stuck... then it dropped a bit... then the wheel jiggled, then the pc came back- with dodgy graphics, but it was back!!! about 1min at least lost there, my finger was poised on the power button!.

EDIT: below... cockpit view anyone? plus the "sponsored racing line"

Welcome mate, had it like 5 times on my old video card I just sent back! It's not done it on this backup 7600GT yet.

Crashed1.jpg

fgp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back