RD GT Championship 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work again Jari ... amazingly quick once more :shock:

And another round of thanks for capturing the whole season's racing quite beautifully ... these are "keepers" for me :thumb:

Well, not a lot to say. Haven't been racing lately, too busy with the baby... so I was pretty unprepared. Luckily I know Nurburgring so that helped.
Only 14 cars qualified and I was on p.13. Took me some time to find some rythm but once I did I could drive pretty consistent laps. Had some nice indirect fights with the GG boys. :laugh2:
Then in lap 39 my wife needed my help with the baby so I had to stop. Sorry about that but I was getting tired and bored as well because of driving in no mans land for so long... Sorry I had to quit like that but I hope the other lads had a nice drive to the finish! :clap:

Also thanks to the officials working behind the scenes on another great RD league! Hats off to you guys!!! :highfive::beer:

We ended up with about a half fieldof starters=booring!
Four half spins, reverse twise=settle for fifth.
Season finally=round-up=two disconnects+one blown engine+one race lost due to work=fun while it lasted
Season finally=massive thanks to the great RD and it's staff for hosting!!

Reserves list=not working as it should...

Let the new seasons BEGIN!!

The Story of ifs for me but it all ended well for me.
Grats to RD for setting up the championship and hosting :thumbs:
Also Grats to Tim the new Champion :trophy:
Hard luck to all the disconnects i know how you feel:(

Qualy: A crap lap i changed the gear ratios and they were way to short. Qualied 3rd but 1.5 seconds behind Tim.

Race: A strange warmup lap i almost ramded Andreas as he suddenly stopped on the last corner. As normal there was a 4 way group for the lead. Andreas was holding us all up :D
I can't do race reports so bugger it.

I managed to come first even though i thought i wasn't going to have enough fuel(Wetting myself)

Can't wait until the next GT League so i can bin/burn this Mosler

It will be tight with the points now! :O

Also just wanted to say to the people who just didnt show up how boring it is for some people to drive 2 hours in no-mans-land, thanks a lot. sarcasm alert

Absolutly right Tim, but you get it. Crongratulation to the championchip, you earn it. Ben wins the race, so i haven´t win enought points. But it just fair that you won because of your two disconnections. Well done Tim :eat:

I want to say because of the punishment of Ben in Istanbul it gives me two points more, maybe it is possible to change it in the GPCOS-System, Thank You.

The race was really hard. I think it would be better if Tim doesn´t lose his pole because i couldn´t go my speed in first rounds because of the pressure from Tim. But ok, after his disconnect i was defending my place against Ben and Gary. i knew i must be in front otherwise i have no chance aginst this two fast guys. only with new tyres i was a little bit faster and could overtake Ben in a hard style, was on the green in the brakingzone so we touch us a little. Then Ben gave it´me back and pass me like this too. Hard but i think fair. P1 was now very hard to get because i had to defending against Gary and Ben could get a gap of about 12 sec.
i come first to second pit and after this i do my best laps, so i could pass Gary again and Ben comes very close infront of me on track. 1 sec faster an i could get it, maybe the fight against Simon Trendell cost it me :)
But then with new tyres ben was faster and bring it home, for me :second: like in championchip ranking. I´m very proud to get this against this very good opponents.

Summary grats to Tim for Single championchip and to Black Visor Motorsport for the team championchip.

For me a fantastic championchip, thank you for organisation RD.

It is going to be an interesting one for me in that today i just plugged in a new (used thrustmaster rgt pro) wheel so i hope i can get used to it very quickly and not use the clutch instead of the brake.
My old momo had to be retired after many years of sometimes abusive use as it has been repaired many times but yet again the shaft is rattling about all over the place, but i guess they only last so long :disapointed:

Also Grats to Tim the new Champion :trophy:

Absolutly right Tim, but you get it. Crongratulation to the championchip, you earn it. Ben wins the race, so i haven´t win enought points. But it just fair that you won because of your two disconnections. Well done Tim :eat:

Yeeha! :rotfl:
Thanks for the great racing everyone, especially from: Gary, Ben, Simon's & Andreas!

Looking forward to struggle with the Mosler in the 2009 season! :bye:

:wink2: to Ben!

Qual: 5th - Finish: 3rd

Second time in this series i qualify 5th instead of the usual 4th like most rounds,struggled as per usual early on to live with front 4,but near the end of stints they all come back towards me,despite Andreas suffering badly with tyres passing him was not possible,even lining it all up perfect and getting the power on miles before him exiting turns as soon as his BMW points straight again thats it....hes gone pulling away effortlessly.
I was expecting a nice close grandstand battle finish but because i was sitting in pits putting in so much more fuel than i needed i had a lonesome end to the season,lesson learned is to do my own fuel per lap/ammount needed etc. in the future....
Im very pleased Tim retains his lead and is now indeed declared our very worthy GT Sport Champion,a true Gentleman racer that only does fair play,it would have been fundamentally and morally wrong if he were not to take this title with connections bollox!.
Many Thanks our organisers here at RD :good:.
Shame on those who decided not to do this league to the finish,commiserations those who didnt make it through misfortunes and connection probs,and thank you to each and every one of you i had the pleasure of some of the hardest closest fought races ive had ever!.

Newsflash: After a heated discussion between myself and the chief representative from Moselr eventually turned into a full blown pitlane brawl in which the poor Mosler guy lost 3 teeth.......it looks like BVM's chances of being supplied Mosler cars for the future look very doubtful....

Newsflash: After a heated discussion between myself and the chief representative from Moselr eventually turned into a full blown pitlane brawl in which the poor Mosler guy lost 3 teeth.......it looks like BVM's chances of being supplied Mosler cars for the future look very doubtful....

:clap:

Im very pleased Tim retains his lead and is now indeed declared our very worthy GT Sport Champion,a true Gentleman racer that only does fair play,it would have been fundamentally and morally wrong if he were not to take this title with connections bollox!

Thanks Gary :dance2:
I hope more racing with you like Valencia will come next season! :eat:

Ok here is my race report:

I qualified 10th or so with 2 major errors during my qualifying lap. Then paradlap comes and I had a brain freeze which made me push the gas pedal into the ground sorry guys. I moved to the back of the field @ the hairpin and then the race started, got up to 8 in about a lap or so as someone had a blow up and took someone else out. After that it was kinda boring as I could not keep pace with the front runners. Got up to 6th during the first stint so i was looking at some points. During lap 5 my background gfx disappeared and I allmost lost it. Really strange as i never had this happening before. I was feeling sorry when I noticed tim loosing his connection again but he managed to take the championship anyways. So gratso to you m8. about 55min into the race my engine blew so that was it for me. I noticed there were some good battles up front so I kept watching. Good racing guys.

Big thanks to the organisers of this championship and I hope to join all the races during the next season as 3 is not enough :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back