AC RDGTC Round 1 - Paul Ricard - Sunday 5th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to Round 1 of the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club GT Championship. For the opening round we are off to the Circuit Paul Ricard!

52654368576_3412e37717_o.jpg

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this Championship.

Need a warm-up beforehand or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5/Abarth event on every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Paul-Ricard-1A-V2-18.png

• Practice/Race Server: Racedepartment.com Server 4 (Netherlands)
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars :

Race Sim Studio DLC is required for this event

• Lister Storm GT (0kg/0%)
  • Dodge Viper GTS-R (0kg/0%)
  • Ferrari Maranello GTS 550 (20kg/50%)
  • Lambo Murcielago R-GT (15kg/25%)
  • Saleen S7R (30kg/40%)
  • Ferrari Maranello 575 GTC (10kg/10%)

https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/gt-pack/

Required extra content
To join the server you will need to copy replace the 'data.acd' files on your PC with those in the real names link below as discussed here and here
Real names update - Install extracted rss_gt_data_real_names_v6 to X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars

Additional Skins - Pack 1, Pack 2, Pack 3, Pack 4

Event details:
  • Track: Circuit Paul Ricard (Blancplain Layout)
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C Air / 25C Track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain (all 4 wheels) inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. Caution exiting the pits.

Golden Rule
  1. If you are at fault for a collision, spinning someone or sending them off track, and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for up to 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, let them retake the position and carry on racing.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift off the throttle pedal.
  2. Additionally, the server will automatically award drive-thru penalties, following 3 warnings, for off track shortcuts used to achieve faster lap times.

Penalties

A championship gives us the opportunity to deduct points or add time as a penalty. Below are the penalties for this championship. Please report incidents to the host. That will help to maintain the high standards of driving we are accustomed to in all club events. For multiple unsafe actions within a single reported incident, the time penalties and point deductions are cumulative.

• Golden Rule: if you break the Golden Rule, all points may be deducted for that race. Normal procedure via formal report and internal discussion within RD staff if there's an disagreement.
  • Unsafe overtake/defending or dive bomb: 5/10/30 second penalties.
  • Track Limits: 5/10/30 second penalties for gaining an advantage outside of tracks limits.
  • Ignoring blue flag: 2 points taken off for each incident.
  • Dangerous Driving: 2+ points may be also deducted for any unsafe actions causing an incident (e.g. unsafe rejoin/unsafe pit exit/swerving on the straight etc.)
  • All reported incidents and penalties to be judged by host (Brian) and co-host (Han) via the usual PM system. Gentlemanly actions, or otherwise, after an incident may effect the final penalty awarded.
See here for a general guide on rules of racing and some examples of incidents that could result in a penalty.

See you on track!

Last edited:
A new realism feature for this championship and future races will be a timing randomiser on the race start. The server will vary the race start by half a second or so.

For those who missed it we recently added drive through penalties for track limits. They work in addition to the usual gentlemans rules and championship penalties for track limits.
If for example you end up going straight through T1 chicane here and don't lift to remove the time you gained you will likely receive a warning from the server at the end of that lap. It basically only applies to shortcuts. On the 3rd warning you get a drive through.

Does it warn you to slow down or do you just have to make sure its not a quick lap?

There is no warning until the end if the lap. It's is based finishing the lap with a faster than average laptime. Once you have a delta or lap timer you can manage it. It's been on for weeks now. Doesn't apply any penalties unless you really go out of your way to trigger it.

Last edited:
I think Han has the penalty system set up similarly for wednesday races. Any regular off seems to lose you enough time as is (dirt, grass, too much kerb) that you wont get a fast lap and warning. Seems like it'll get you more if you cut a corner vs going off and get a fast(er) lap.

So I think it's working as intended :thumbsup: (he says before a drive through sunday :roflmao: )

How I managed to get that place is a mystery to me, lot of luck. :O_o:

Brian getting,along with a lot of others, track limit penalty on the first lap gave me enough of an early warning to keep well away from track limits. Which I did.
So that just leaves a well done to the well deserved podiums, and a thankyou to Brian for organising this championship.
:)

That was quite a fun race for me! :)

Went online when qualy started and only did a few laps before today. I couldn't decide whether to use my high DF or low DF setup for this race so I ended up testing both, optimized the low df in the end and missing out to do a qualy lap by 8 seconds :roflmao::whistling:

Start went superb but I decided to go wide to leave room on the inside for the very tight right hander before the Mistral straight.
Had to slow down for 6 seconds and went from gaining 4 positions to being 200m behind the last car...
(no worries Brian, happens to the best! :inlove:).

Then I battled a few different others before going 4 wide down the Mistral straight.
Sadly Casper and I decided to drive into each other and while I did the catch of my life by locking up the fronts at the right moment mid slide, Casper went into the barriers and bugged out the AC physics, getting teleported to the pits :(

Casper_Teleport_Bug.jpg

After that I caught up to Giovanni, who sadly got hit by the AC vanilla penalty before we could really start to battle.

In the end I closed the gap to Colin and we had a nice and fair battle. Great fun! :)

Qualified higher than I thought I might, but I know off the line I'd be slow. Had a spin the next lap which put me back a bit more, but luckily the vipers straight line speed slowed for some overtakes on the straight. A rarity for me.

Almost caught up to #4,5,6 trio, but had a spin and ended up trading done laps with Collin instead :thumbsup:

Fished the day a few places back from my start, but really enjoyed it. Tough cars, but it feels good to finish a race in them. Hoping I can keep pushing this car a bit more each race. Great racing all and that for seeing it up Brian! Looking forward to the next one

Last edited:
Not my most enjoyable race by far. On a track i only use if i have to, my pace was only a comfortable 58 which allowed me to hang in there two thirds down the field if i made no mistakes. That would of been fine but got gently pushed off track a few times in the first 20mins, everone apologised and it was easy to do in the tight turns but the golden rule has gone way out the window. No one waited and just drove away hence all the places i lost were not because of being passed which i guess was a bonus. Not trying to have a moan but just giving notice that will be me also in this series from now on. Anyway, had one big slide at the end of the straight that gave me only the one time penalty so that was a result. Roberts nasty old Viper was very fast on the straight and good to see his effort to tame it is paying off. Thank you Brian for putting it all together and looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup:

Not my most enjoyable race by far. On a track i only use if i have to, my pace was only a comfortable 58 which allowed me to hang in there two thirds down the field if i made no mistakes. That would of been fine but got gently pushed off track a few times in the first 20mins, everone apologised and it was easy to do in the tight turns but the golden rule has gone way out the window. No one waited and just drove away hence all the places i lost were not because of being passed which i guess was a bonus. Not trying to have a moan but just giving notice that will be me also in this series from now on. Anyway, had one big slide at the end of the straight that gave me only the one time penalty so that was a result. Roberts nasty old Viper was very fast on the straight and good to see his effort to tame it is paying off. Thank you Brian for putting it all together and looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup:
Why not report the golden rule incidents to Brian rather than ignore the rule in the future? If someone reports you latter in the series then you won't have much of a defence if your argument is that no one else stops.

If Brian stamps on the practice early on then we'll all benefit.

@gearwhine
your race? you really had a run of misfortune from lap 1 to lap 30, I have had this happen to me many times, one bad exit, then compounds into a series of unforeseen problems.
Compared to you I had good fortune, the same set of circumstances but with more of a positive outcome. It will probably be repeated next time with a different outcome.
Unless I missed something on the replay, just a bad day at the office.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back