RDGTC: Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan Wins Tense Second Round

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDGTC Round 2.jpg

The second round of the RDGTC from the Nurburgring was a tensely fought affair as victory spoils falling the way of Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan in his Chevrolet Camaro GT3.

Bogdan would show the way to our packed field of GT3 machines at the Nurburgring, never really looking likely to be challenged as he converted Pole Position into a full 30 point return, only really looking to be under pressure in the closing stages of the 90 minute race as fuel concerns forced the Camaro GT3 to dramatically reduce pace over the final laps, eventually easing the car over the finish line with just a slender five second advantage over his round one winner Adrian Campfield in the Corvette C06,R, very much causing concern for the runaway race leader and proving that a race result is never a done deal until the checkered flag has been waved and the result declared.

RDGTC 4.jpg

Despite the considerable pace shown by Bogdan and Campfield up front, the race itself would provide plenty of entertaining battles throughout the grid as several drivers looked to make up for either poor starts or a disappointing qualification session, helped by a circuit that supports close racing and provides plenty of overtaking opportunities for these closely matched GT3 cars of RaceRoom Racing Experience.

From the green flag drop at 19:00 GMT Bogdan would shoot into a lead he never looked likely to lose, however round one winner Adrian Campfield had intentions of making things hard for the Camaro driver, only to find his challenge stunted somewhat by a poor getaway off the line that dropped him to P4, a position from which he would quickly recover following an uncharacteristic mistake from the RUF of Davy Vandevenne who spun out in the heat of the battle, however by then the damage was already done and Bogdan would be away in the distance.

RDGTC 1.png

Of those who made early inroads would be the fast starting Roy Magnes in the Bentley Continental GT3, rocketing up an impressive eight places on the opening lap only to slip further down the order as the race unfolded, manhandling the unwieldy British car to what would be an eventual, and eventful 15th place finish, one lap behind the lightening quick Bogdan and Campfield up at the front of the field.

The race would continue to produce some enthralling battles throughout the field, with a noteable fight developing and continuing between Giannis Christodoulou in the Audi R8 LMS and Michael Wyatt's Corvette Z06. R, both drivers finding themselves fighting for the same piece of tarmac and displaying a high degree of skill and finesse to keep the action clean and hard during their time together, until Wyatt got the better of his rival and eventually pulled away to finish a credible 14th, four places up on his race rival.

With all eyes glued to the front of the field as Bogdan coasted to the line for a race win with practically fumes left in the tank it would be down to Paul Hurlow, Steve Le Gallez, Giannis Christodoulou and Quentis Gillispie to provide the last of the entertainment, as the drivers produced a wonderful display of racing in the fight for the minor placing's all the way to the checkered flag.

If you missed out on the race and want to catch it all again, check out the 'as live' broadcast rerun either below or on out YouTube channel:

Race Results
  1. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan - Chevrolet Camaro GT3 - 01:31:47.0460
  2. Adrian Campfield - Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3 +00:00:04.4010
  3. Robert Severikangas - Bentley Continental GT3 +00:00:19.4950
  4. Davy Vandevenne - RUF RT12R GTR3 +00:00:21.2740
  5. Anders Myhre - BMW Z4 GT3 +00:00:31.5870
  6. Brian van Beusekom - McLaren 650S GT3 +00:00:40.9160
  7. Alexander Andersson - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 +00:00:47.8820
  8. Saussey Cyrille - Bentley Continental GT3 +00:00:48.1930
  9. Ole Marius Myrvold - Ford Mustang GT3 +00:01:00.3110
  10. Matt Le Gallez - RUF RT12R GTR3 +00:01:17.3490
  11. Joel Kuismin - Nissan GT-R GT3 +00:01:17.8450
  12. Bram Hengeveld - BMW Alpina B6 GT3 +00:01:23.1100
  13. Ross Garland - BMW Z4 GT3 +00:01:49.8600
  14. Michael Wyatt - Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3 +00:01:52.5180
  15. Roy Magnes - Bentley Continental GT3 +1 lap
  16. Paul Hurlow - McLaren MP4-12C GT3 +1 lap
  17. Steve Le Gallez - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 +1 lap
  18. Giannis Christodoulou - Audi R8 LMS Ultra +1 lap
  19. Quentis Gillispie - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 +1 lap
  20. Mike McGeer - Nissan GT-R GT3 +1 lap
  21. Rupe Wilson - Audi R8 LMS Ultra +1 lap
  22. Stephen Gibb - RUF RT12R GTR3 +1 lap
  23. Colin Herkes - McLaren 650S GT3 +2 laps

DNF - Ronnie Böhme - BMW M6 GT3
DNF - Magnus Stjerneby - BMW Alpina B6 GT3
DNF - Lolo Stako - Chevrolet Camaro GT3
DNF - Paul Fenwick - McLaren MP4-12C GT3

Currently championship standings after two rounds can be found HERE.

Want to get involved yourself? Head over to our Sign Up Thread and put your name down for a place on the grid. Please note only limited places remain.

The next round of the RDGTC will take place on Sunday 5th November at the legendary Monza circuit. We will be running a full live broadcast on our Twitch channel, with the race beginning at 20:00GMT.

RDGTC 2.jpg
RDGTC 3.jpg
RDGTC 5.jpg
RDGTC 6.jpg

Last edited:
What a fantastic result! And what a great battle between both @Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan and @Adrian Campfield for this season. Looking forward to the lasting two races... And then with which cars... Both are known for not being the fastest of the available cars. But in both of your magic hands? What an incredible pace! I really taking my hat off for both of you (but also for the rest of the pack)!

And then the rest of the field, also such great quality overall. Let’s face it, in a 90 minutes race to have roughly half of the field still in 1 lap. And the rest not that far after... And all the great battles, not only up front, but also in the tail of the field. Incredible! A sheer pleasure to follow! :inlove::thumbsup:

Thank you all for the nice words, I wish I could enjoy this win a bit more but I know how fast @Adrian Campfield can be, also @Davy Vandevenne if he has time or more desire to practice, and a few of the SLS,Nissan, Mclaren and Z4 guy's aren't to shabby also, I guess I have a slight advantage with my experience
That was a tight race at the end, me and by bad math all most lost me the race
C U at Monza

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back