RD GT Championship 2020 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon chaps,

I will unfortunately have to pull out of this evenings race.

My partner has been called to work and thus I have to look after the 1 year old.

I'll be back for next weeks installment.

I apologise profusely!

Man you lot are weary, it was a simple question, and not too keen does not mean the same as I’m not coming. Leaves a bad feeling when questions are ignored and then people try to fight you, makes me wonder why I would be so patient to actually turn up to test and not race

Can only ask for some patience. As you can see we are working on both two sites, a beta platform and thousands of people to communicate with. Don't expect instant answers from us as we can't be at multiple places at the same time. Wish I could but i can't.

We have outlined in the opening post the objective here is to test the platform with as many people in a race as possible. Game ruining bugs will occur now and during the remainder of the closed beta.

Some good steady racing from my side. Advanced muchos places until in P14 someone crashed in front of me and decided to cross track. Had no road left and had heavy damage with only 5 mins or so on the clock. Better luck next time.

I was asking for some feedback as a tester - happy to test and understand it is a test and happy with the arrangement - not happy about people being rude in response to a reasonable question

Does anyone have a saved replay? I forgot to do so and there is a report that needs sending in that I'd like to have a look at.

As I said yesterday into the server, for me clearly you have a problem with server. It was too difficult race yesterday with this CPU overload because it causes a lot of stuttering or some kind of desync. On Suzuka it was the same but you know we had disconnect.
If people don't have this issue when there are less drivers into the server, maybe you will need more slots.
Regarding race, it was funny!! A McLaren wrecked in turn 1 and hit me when tried to put straight his car, and I went to almost the last position. I saw a lot of wrecked cars in first laps, it's crazy!!!, and some good overtakes until P6 with a good battle at the end.

As I said yesterday into the server, for me clearly you have a problem with server. It was too difficult race yesterday with this CPU overload because it causes a lot of stuttering or some kind of desync. On Suzuka it was the same but you know we had disconnect.
If people don't have this issue when there are less drivers into the server, maybe you will need more slots.
Regarding race, it was funny!! A McLaren wrecked in turn 1 and hit me when tried to put straight his car, and I went to almost the last position. I saw a lot of wrecked cars in first laps, it's crazy!!!, and some good overtakes until P6 with a good battle at the end.
High CPU load on the server is not causing stuttering. Reasons for stuttering can be
1) Your own settings are too high for the grid size
2) People connecting always gives a slight stutter, as acc is loading graphics into your memory.
3) When ACC loses focus (alt tab) then Unreal Engine has the tendency to start stuttering heavily as well and needs a restart to resolve this.

Also to get this myth out of the world. SGP servers run on AWS containers. They have variable CPU power due to virtualization which probably makes it hard to calculate load for the ACC server. In the AWS logs, CPU load never exceeded 40% during one of the previous events, whilst the server constantly reports more than 100.

High CPU load on the server is not causing stuttering. Reasons for stuttering can be
1) Your own settings are too high for the grid size
2) People connecting always gives a slight stutter, as acc is loading graphics into your memory.
3) When ACC loses focus (alt tab) then Unreal Engine has the tendency to start stuttering heavily as well and needs a restart to resolve this.

Also to get this myth out of the world. SGP servers run on AWS containers. They have variable CPU power due to virtualization which probably makes it hard to calculate load for the ACC server. In the AWS logs, CPU load never exceeded 40% during one of the previous events, whilst the server constantly reports more than 100.
Maybe is not stuttering but CPU overload give some kind of desync. But I'm not the only one with this problem, there are more people with CPU overload, my team mate also got it like me in Suzuka, and some people comment into the server.

I do races normally in diferent servers and I didn't get this issue with my setup

Maybe is not stuttering but CPU overload give some kind of desync. But I'm not the only one with this problem, there are more people with CPU overload, my team mate also got it like me in Suzuka, and some people comment into the server.

I do races normally in diferent servers and I didn't get this issue with my setup
CPU overload is a server side thing, so everybody has it. The issue is that it sounds incredibly unrelated since a lot of people do not experience any stuttering beyond the regular 'when a car joins' stutter.
I know the devs are looking into improving performance and the fact that the server held up for once is great.

Race resume:

After having my loadcell pedal break the other day, I've been trying to get used to a potentiometer brake-pedal again, for the first time in 3 years. Leading up to the race I was convinced I'd be slow especially because of how important the braking-zones are at monza.

Being in the Merc was certainly an advantage here, from a raw pace stand-point. However after some testing I did discover that I wouldn't be able to do a full hour stint, without some serious fuel-saving.
With a max capacity of 120 liters, and a car that uses 3.7+ a lap on full fuel, it wasn't going to cut it.

I took pole, and so going into the race my main concern was to figure out the pace of the guys behind me, and then figure out how much I could fuel-save and still be competitive on pace.
After a few laps with Josh sitting behind me I found a good pace and from then on I was basically just lifting into every hard braking-zone.

I got the fuel usage down to 3.1 at one point, so when that happened I was no longer questioning wether or not I could make it till the flag.
After about 30 minutes of this battle with my own thirsty car, I finally felt confident that I had saved enough fuel to make it. And so I turned up the engine and stopped L/C for the remainder of the race.

It was an interessting race - even though there wasn't much side-to-side racing action from my PoV, @Josh Martin behind me kept me honest the entire race. And it wasn't without a couple of scary moments and mistakes.

What I take away mainly from this race is that.... I REALLY JUST WANT SOME PROPER PEDALS AGAIN :alien::confused::geek::alien::confused::geek:

Other than that, good race, and even though this is a test-season, it sets up a good fight to take the top-honors at the final round next week.

Looking forward to it! :mad::cool:

On a last note regarding the server: I had absolutely zero issues. Cars were all looking solid on track. And I did not experience any stutters that some were complaining about on discord, when people were leaving and joining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years