RD GT Championship 2020 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Race resume:

After having my loadcell pedal break the other day, I've been trying to get used to a potentiometer brake-pedal again, for the first time in 3 years. Leading up to the race I was convinced I'd be slow especially because of how important the braking-zones are at monza.

Being in the Merc was certainly an advantage here, from a raw pace stand-point. However after some testing I did discover that I wouldn't be able to do a full hour stint, without some serious fuel-saving.
With a max capacity of 120 liters, and a car that uses 3.7+ a lap on full fuel, it wasn't going to cut it.

I took pole, and so going into the race my main concern was to figure out the pace of the guys behind me, and then figure out how much I could fuel-save and still be competitive on pace.
After a few laps with Josh sitting behind me I found a good pace and from then on I was basically just lifting into every hard braking-zone.

I got the fuel usage down to 3.1 at one point, so when that happened I was no longer questioning wether or not I could make it till the flag.
After about 30 minutes of this battle with my own thirsty car, I finally felt confident that I had saved enough fuel to make it. And so I turned up the engine and stopped L/C for the remainder of the race.

It was an interessting race - even though there wasn't much side-to-side racing action from my PoV, @Josh Martin behind me kept me honest the entire race. And it wasn't without a couple of scary moments and mistakes.

What I take away mainly from this race is that.... I REALLY JUST WANT SOME PROPER PEDALS AGAIN :alien::confused::geek::alien::confused::geek:

Other than that, good race, and even though this is a test-season, it sets up a good fight to take the top-honors at the final round next week.

Looking forward to it! :mad::cool:

On a last note regarding the server: I had absolutely zero issues. Cars were all looking solid on track. And I did not experience any stutters that some were complaining about on discord when people were leaving and joining.

It was a very good racemate, Macca struggling around Monza on power, and it was interesting to see the tyres be affected under slipstream - Really good pace from the leader though so congrats on the win, certainly makes for an interesting race next week ;)

Any regrets about jumping down my throat from last week?

Im supposed to be somewhere else too - does this mean I can skip the last race too?

Lol, you still boiling over that?
As you're asking, no. Cause I physically can't be there unfortunately.

However I don't let the stability of the server determine whether I'll be there or not. We signed up TO TEST IT.

I do however regret, not being able to partake. But that's life sometimes.

So I had a nightmare... up at 3am, not due to bad dreams but to jump on the server.
First of all, Discord would not load. I don't know why but it was just in a loop. Loaded up TS but no one there, I must be a bit behind on this...
Anyways, powered on my CSW v1 and the power light goes red, fans start spinning, rim jolts a meger 1 degree to the right, then nothing, it just went dead...
Tried again and again. Different power sockets etc. Nothing.
Then, out of nowhere, the wheel posts, very slowly I might add. Like something or, some things (thinking the motors), are dying and will not be much use soon.

So I get into the lobby to see the countdown between quali and the race... great, starting from the back, but that's not such a big deal here and Monza.
I set the car up without checking the local time of the race, not did I check the track temps... yes, you guessed it, my tyre pressures were set up for a rubbered in sunny race with a track temp of 34+ degrees... kind of the opposite of last nights conditions.
Started 28th and 35 minutes of racing later I was in 14th and having a jolly old time. Tyres wouldnt get hot no matter what and the brakes kept running cold making for an interesting race for me.
Then just as I was gaining on 13th place I got the call from my wife that she needed help... both girls had woken up and one needed nappy changing... great. Had to stop, get to the pits and shut down.
Who knows, I may have been able to get into the top ten. That would have been amazing from a grid of 28 but we will never know...
I think I'll have to call time on these races until both girls can sleep the whole night in their own rooms...

Good fun though and hope the day comes soon where I can race all night without fear of interruption

Yesterday I had no trouble with server. Not many fan of multipliers on sessions, but it was fun a 24-hour in 1 hour.

Very hard race for me, I just received a new pedal set and it was my first race with them, so a lot of problems braking with my new pedals and destroyed my front tires fighting with McLarens. My pace was very good but Porsche is not good at Spa due to top speed, and I had an incident that did worse

Happy to contribute to test simracing.GP and waiting for more development and new ACC champs on September.

So - What's the conclusion after this first little test season?

Main gripes are with external servers hosting ACC using the simracing.gp platform, is that right?

For the most part however, ACC seems ready(enough) for some proper league racing.
I just took part in my first endu-race this weekend, racing the PPR Esports 12h of Silverstone. And apart from some stutter with people joining with custom liveries. It seemed mostly positive (small hickups with driverswaps still happen it seems, but comparing it all to rF2, nothing much really ).

And the few races I did have during this season, seemed to run well (on my end).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%