AC RDEC @ Spa - Saturday 24th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just noticed there is currently only 1 spot remaining for this. Great numbers for a fairly experimental time slot and event. I would have been happy with 10 drivers!

Also reminder that there is a mandatory pitstop.

@Interslice Maybe you want to communicate some rules for the qualification so every class gets it's own timeframe.

Yep, good idea! looked like that worked well on wedenesday, I will add it to the OP.

I'm guessing there was no blue flag issues between classes, going by the way server calculates the race positions?

Last edited:
Just noticed there is currently only 1 spot remaining for this. Great numbers for a fairly experimental time slot and event. I would have been happy with 10 drivers!

Also reminder that there is a mandatory pitstop.
Great succes, Brian! Congratulations! So much participation on Saturday morning really surprises me.
I would love to join but that will get me a divorce probably.

Yep, good idea! looked like that worked well on wedenesday, I will add it to the OP.

I'm guessing there was no blue flag issues between classes, going by the way server calculates the race positions?
Qually went well but I put a lot of effort in communication for that. There was only 1 Audi that stayed on track in the Mazda timeframe and Chris kicked him from the server.
He didn't return and I've tried to get his nickname on RD so I can send him a PM to explain. But I failed.

The race was a great succes, I think, seeing already 16 signed up for next week. Very respectful and clean racing. Very interesting battles, especially for the Audi's when Mazda's had to be overtaken during the battle. Good atmosphere, a lot of after race talk on Discord too. Very happy how things turned out.

Unfortunately the server doesn't take the classes into account. The driver who gets the blue flag, has to look himself if it's the other or the same class. In our case it wasn't a problem because the cars are very different but in your race I think it's hard to see if the car behind is a 911GT2/GTE or a 911GT3.

Also the server doesn't count the relative position within the class which has a negative effect on the stats of the drivers. Patrick finished 11th but won the Mazda class but the stats only shows 11th.

I've put this on the wishlist.

Last edited:
Qually went well but I put a lot of effort in communication for that. There was only 1 Audi that stayed on track in the Mazda timeframe and Chris kicked him from the server.
He didn't return and I've tried to get his nickname on RD so I can send him a PM to explain. But I failed.

The race was a great succes, I think, seeing already 16 signed up for next week. Very respectful and clean racing. Very interesting battles, especially for the Audi's when Mazda's had to be overtaken during the battle. Good atmosphere, a lot of after race talk on Discord too. Very happy how things turned out.

Unfortunately the server doesn't talk the classes into account. The driver who gets the blue flag, has to look himself if it's the other or the same class. In our case it wasn't a problem because the cars are very different but in your race I think it's hard to see if the car behind is a 911GT2/GTE or a 911GT3.

Also the server doesn't count the relative position within the class which has a negative effect on the stats of the drivers. Patrick finished 11th but won the Mazda class but the stats only shows 11th.

I must try and join one of those beforehand. Again divorce etc... I think crew cheif lets you know some info on different classes in the race. Could be usefull.

Ye the GTE/GT3 mix is controversial! See how it goes. I was hoping the more experienced drivers would go for gte and leave the gt3 to the newer guys, but it seems to be more of a mish mash. There shouldn't be to many gt3 911s, if any even enter, lapping others on these big endurance tracks.

In simple terms if you are in a gt3 car don't actively defend against a gte 911, 458 or corvette and vice versa. I have added some notes to the first 2 posts including a request to use discord. Comms between classes will greatly reduce unnessecary collisions during overtakes.

Last edited:
I must try and join one of those beforehand. Again divorce etc... I think crew cheif lets you know some info on different classes in the race. Could be usefull.
Yes, CC does that but only if the car class is defined in a certain file from CC. I know that because the in that file the Glickenhaus is a different class than the GT3. But the Audi and the Mazda aren't defined as different classes so CC doesn't warn you for a faster class car behind.

The file is D:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\carClassData.json

I've changed this file so the Glickenhaus is no longer a different class in GT3 races. But I have to do that again after every update of CC.

Last edited:
Yes, CC does that but only if the car class is defined in a certain file from CC. I know that because the in that file the Glickenhaus is a different class than the GT3. But the Audi and the Mazda aren't defined as different classes so CC doesn't warn you for a faster class car behind.

The file is D:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\carClassData.json

I've changed this file so the Glickenhaus is no longer a different class in GT3 races. But I have to do that again after every update of CC.

Ye i remember you saying that alright. There is also a check box in the options to ignore classes of car or something similar. I have had to stop using CC due to my cpu being a little over extended unfortunately, so not sure if it worked for the glickenhaus issue or not. Should work pretty well with lmp/ gte/gt3 linup using your fix to manage the glickenhaus.

Ye the GTE/GT3 mix is controversial! See how it goes. I was hoping the more experienced drivers would go for gte and leave the gt3 to the newer guys, but it seems to be more of a mish mash. There shouldn't be to many gt3 911s, if any even enter, lapping others on these big endurance tracks.

In simple terms if you are in a gt3 car don't actively defend against a gte 911, 458 or corvette and vice versa. I have added some notes to the first 2 posts including a request to use discord. Comms between classes will greatly reduce unnessecary collisions during overtakes.

I thought there was a good mix of abilities & experience spread throughout all the classes - adding standing to each class. A few stragglers from the gte class might get caught by the faster gt3 cars, but the bulk of the gt2 cars should be fine.

I thought there was a good mix of abilities & experience spread throughout all the classes - adding standing to each class. A few stragglers from the gte class might get caught by the faster gt3 cars, but the bulk of the gt2 cars should be fine.

Ye it should be fine. I wasn't trying to put pressure on for folks to swap cars btw! The only scenario where it gets messy is if you have mixed group of gte and gt3 traveling at the same pace for a long period. Managing that is part of that fun though too i suppose!!

It counted it as a win the summary part of the s.gp Driver Profile, but as you say, not in the results sheet/data.

I'm about at the same time at SPA with the Nissan and GTE 911, the reality is always with the driver, it is not easy to say GTE's are faster, very driver-oriented.
I have gone for the GTE 911, love the sound, and I can actually run with softs on a 911, and no BOP makes the car nicer to drive, BOP sort of takes the fun out of it when comparing driving it back to back, with BOP and without. :)

Yesterday I tried some laps with the Corvette: I am faster on a single lap but I make more mistakes than I do with the Porsche. I might switch to the Porsche, always GTE though.

Still hope I can wake up in time. Will stick with the Z4 for now.
Just realized in two short practice sessions, I would need more practice for the LMP1 then I have time to get up to a decent speed. Will be interesting to see how GT3 and GTE will sort themself through the field.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 41 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.9%