AC RDEC @ Spa - Saturday 24th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Nice race. Started 8th and 4th in class. Again I f-ed up my race lap one. Hit the sand patch while exiting Stavelot and off I went. Boom last. Could gain back three positions next lap. But still only gained 1 position in class.
It seems Patricks race was also all over the place. We switched back positions couple of times. While my time was OK, I saw that I would never catch the guys in front, just lost too much time Lap 1 and had one or two minor off tracks. Thanks to the fight between Thomas and Patrick and the inevitable death of both, I could sneak in two more positions. So at the end Finished 9th and still 4th in class as I started.
Hope I got all the bad driving out of my system for the weekend and tomorrow will be better :D

Last edited:

Kek700

Premium
Well, what a nightmare that was, I would need a hell of a lot of practice to try and understand this car. 5 minutes did not cut it, pit stop was a failure had to reload the previous set up with 68 litres of fuel, my mediums turned out to be softs, found that out after a spin.
I should be disheartened, but sometimes you have to have a big lump of sh*t to make the good bits
better. :)
Thanks for all your efforts brian, @Interslice , I missed the old Nissan bus with its ABS.

thom462

Premium
Thank you guys, i had a nice very consistent race (apart for the fact that i missed the spot in the pit and lost a lot of time), and thank you @thom462 for the good fight in the first stint :)
Thanks, @edo22 yes that was good fun in the first half. Unfortunately I messed it up after 40 minutes of good constant pace. Touched the inside kerb slightly at Bruxelles which sent me in a spin. Second mistake was going little wide at braking for Pouhon which resulted in oversteer and spin. Unfortunately Patrick could not avoid my car, sorry for that.
Besides that it was great fun. Thanks for organizing.

pattikins

Premium
Nice race. Started 8th and 4th in class. Again I f-ed up my race lap one. Hit the sand patch while exiting Stavelot and off I went. Boom last. Could gain back three positions next lap. But still only gained 1 position in class.
It seems Patricks race was also all over the place. We switched back positions couple of times. While my time was OK, I saw that I would never catch the guys in front, just lost too much time Lap 1 and had one or two minor off tracks. Thanks to the fight between Thomas and Patrick and the inevitable death of both, I could sneak in two more positions. So at the end Finished 9th and still 4th in class as I started.
Hope I got all the bad driving out of my system for the weekend and tomorrow will be better :D

I went with an 'experimental' setup for the the qualifying round and decided, foolishly, to go with the same setup for the race. I made a mess of my turn in @ Double Gauche on lap 2, and again, @ Blanchimont on the same lap - I didn't allow enough time for my tires to recover. After lap two, any confidence I had in my 650s set up evaporated, and my lap times followed. The said setup has now been deleted from my hard drive :roflmao:.

I don't yet understand why, but Spa looked dreadful in VR - Odyssey+. The track looked poorly lit, with a blood red sky towards the latter stages of the race. On the replay (monitor), however, it looks fine.

pattikins

Premium
Thanks, @edo22 yes that was good fun in the first half. Unfortunately I messed it up after 40 minutes of good constant pace. Touched the inside kerb slightly at Bruxelles which sent me in a spin. Second mistake was going little wide at braking for Pouhon which resulted in oversteer and spin. Unfortunately Patrick could not avoid my car, sorry for that.
Besides that it was great fun. Thanks for organizing.

These things happen & it's part of the 'fun':cautious: of racing. When I had my first off, it was only by the tiniest of margins that I didn't take someone else off :confused::roflmao:.

Congrats to the podiums.
Thanks to Brian for organising the race & to Ernie for stepping in @ the last minute with the LMP car.

Last edited:

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Thanks guys for a great event. I enjoyed running the corvette and getting my best ever times at spa pretty consistantly. My quali time was also bit of a milestone, albeit on the supersofts. Unfortunately i was 1 to 3 seconds away from @davlight for the whole race. It took me 40 minutes to get in his slipstream and some decent pressure but i got caught by @Stefasaki at t16 soon after, flinched and ran wide when he at a brief look at the inside dive. There wasn't another 40 minutes to attempt to close the gap again!

Congrats to the respective winners. Unbelievable speed from @Aksu. I thought maybe the front gte cars would be able to keep yourself and @pattikins within sight for the duration...

Thanks to everyone for racing today :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Interslice

Staff
Premium
I went with an 'experimental' setup for the the qualifying round and decided, foolishly, to go with the same setup for the race. I made a mess of my turn in @ Double Gauche on lap 2, and again, @ Blanchimont on the same lap - I didn't allow enough time for my tires to recover. After lap two, any confidence I had in my 650s set up evaporated, and my lap times followed. The said setup has now been deleted from my hard drive :roflmao:.

I don't yet understand why, but Spa looked dreadful in VR - Odyssey+. The track looked poorly lit, with a blood red sky towards the latter stages of the race. On the replay (monitor), however, it looks fine.

That was an unfortunate spin pat. I had some similar dilemmas with setups last night but found a nice compromise lucky enough. The high speed spins here really kill the tyres.

Strange about your VR experience, it looks great on mine with the same headset. Was it the addition of light clouds weather or just the general time change to evening that was doing it? I am contemplating having a look at night time dawn/dusk but maybe that doesn't work for people.

Interslice

Staff
Premium
I would appreciate any feedback on what you guys thought did and didn't work with this.

Quite a few no shows outside of the reliable gt3 crew but it's hard to guage if that was a saturday morning issue or just the change of platform. Unfortunately @Stefasaki had a lonely race as a result. At least there was cars to lap fairly regularly!

pattikins

Premium
I would appreciate any feedback on what you guys thought did and didn't work with this.

Quite a few no shows outside of the reliable gt3 crew but it's hard to guage if that was a saturday morning issue or just the change of platform. Unfortunately @Stefasaki had a lonely race as a result. At least there was cars to lap fairly regularly!

There were quite a few American/Canadian GT3 regulars unable to take part, so maybe a later start time for the race (3/4pm?) would help with the numbers?

Last edited:

It was a good event, i liked the format and the time of the event, it would have been better with more cars, especially for LMP1 and i think it was because of the change of platform.

Hey, i especially liked the time choice for this Event! It suited my weekend plans pretty well :) i‘d be happily participating in future events.

thom462

Premium
Time choice and format was all good for me. Liked the event. Lapping went all smooth (ok there were only two lmp1)Maybe I will try lmp next time. Thx again for setting this up.

That was me passing by in your video reeeeally close . Almost hit you but luckily it went fine.
Thanks guys for a great event. I enjoyed running the corvette and getting my best ever times at spa pretty consistantly. My quali time was also bit of a milestone, albeit on the supersofts. Unfortunately i was 1 to 3 seconds away from @davlight for the whole race. It took me 40 minutes to get in his slipstream and some decent pressure but i got caught by @Stefasaki at t16 soon after, flinched and ran wide when he at a brief look at the inside dive. There wasn't another 40 minutes to attempt to close the gap again!

Congrats to the respective winners. Unbelievable speed from @Aksu. I thought maybe the front gte cars would be able to keep yourself and @pattikins within sight for the duration...

Thanks to everyone for racing today :thumbsup:
It was a nice race Brian! Whenever I was able to gain a second on you I couldn’t have time to relax: I saw every time I made a small mistake you were gaining some tenths, I had to push for all the race!
I liked the format, it fitted nicely in my weekend plans . I’m sorry that a lot of lmp1 didn’t show up, maybe because the server changed, I don’t know. Looking forward to the next multi class race, we can even do a real endurance, like 2 hours or so

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Thanks for the feedback lads. Next race will be 1.2 hours of Sebring in 4 weeks time. I will run the US events at late afternoon euro time to give the Canada/US guys a better sleep and get the euro folk finished before dinner!

I have a plan to mix up the cars that i think will both very work well and upset people so i might leave it as is :roflmao:

Nice event, was a little surprised with the fast change of time and the changing light conditions. But was a nice twist. Time could be an hour later for us here in the US (at least east coast).
Maybe make the race a little longer to get a more "endurance" like feeling with like two pit stops. Also the time change would feel a little more natural. Over all nice event and looking at the times, except the LMP1s there was a battle and people with the same pace for each class.

Interslice

Staff
Premium
The practice server was actually running the same rate of time for the last 4 weeks to allow people to adjust their settings if needed! I run any of the occasional offline stuff i do to match the actual time of day. It's nice to see the tracks in a different light or in the dark.

Nice event, was a little surprised with the fast change of time and the changing light conditions. But was a nice twist. Time could be an hour later for us here in the US (at least east coast).
Maybe make the race a little longer to get a more "endurance" like feeling with like two pit stops. Also the time change would feel a little more natural. Over all nice event and looking at the times, except the LMP1s there was a battle and people with the same pace for each class.

Best way to describe my race?

Rusty AF

I think there was a bit of confusion with @pattikins when you caught me and I retained position by running off track so I tried to let you through just as an LMP arrived and we all sort of got in each others way or so it appeared

Also I think I made some setup changes last time out but didn't save them because my sixth gear was a bit long and I had too much rear wing so even with a great launch off the hairpin I was in trouble at the end of the straight

I've recently become a dad, hence first race since October, so 8pm races are no longer an option but I might be able to do more of these

Kek700

Premium
@Interslice
Is there another lmp car we can use that does not have Sh*t electrical battery’s systems in it.
I really enjoyed it, but the PP3 battery power made it tedious at best.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 79 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.0%
  • €3001-5000