AC RDEC Round 3 @ Spa - Sunday 21st May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
For me, that was a race without much action, which can also be fun. An exercise for consistency. That was all I could do today. Only one bigger mistake in 90 minutes is good for me. Unfortunately Colin had the misfortune to be next to me when I spun while accelerating out of a corner and was hit by me, sorry for that.

Congratulations to the winners.

Great event! :thumbsup:

Could only do 60 minutes, but eventually ran till I had no fuel left.
Ironically started to quite like it, never thought I would say that. Enjoyed my battle with Brian. And so a well done Brian on a most deserved win, same to the GTE class winners.
I don’t know what strategy Colin was running, but the Toyota was painfully slow, perhaps Brian can give some advice, assuming Colin even wants any one poking there big hooters in.:roflmao::roflmao:
That’s all folks.:)

Congrats to the winners and finishers, nice racing today all. Couldn't keep up with you up there Weston. Off the line at the start you were fast and just kept at it. Great job. Same with you Aki after your late pit, seems that worked out well :thumbsup: Fulvio, you passed me once again, but it felt like it took you a little longer than usual? Progress on my end?? :O_o::laugh:

Good job LMPs, from our first test race at Mugello to today, it's fun seeing both classes get more comfortable with each other on track.

Thanks again Brian for putting this together. Really enjoying this format following along with the WEC. Makes the real races more interesting and our sim more realistic :thumbsup:

See you all at Le Mans :)

Prettey lonely race for me, but nevertheless it had sone thrills.
First was me getting good enough run through first Eau Rouge that I could just drive around Hank and keep to the rear bumper of Akk for two or three laps (still he's way out of my league). The second fun moment was, when Fulvio closed in and I managed to get defensive in two corners. Then he spun at the chicane trying to overtake(beautiful sight, will try to post replay here). When Fulvio made his way back yo me second time it wasn't fun at all, but I'm slowly getting used to that :roflmao:. From that point I drove lonely -hank keeping himself around 5-6s behind me and me being unable to catch Aki and Robert in front.
After the pitstop made by me and Hank it took me way to long to realize he moved on to softs! That made me concentrate until last laps, where his tires died and his lap times where almost same as mine.
Made it in 5th, but am still the only Ferrari, so feeling like winner of the championship already :D

Ironically started to quite like it, never thought I would say that. Enjoyed my battle with Brian. And so a well done Brian on a most deserved win, same to the GTE class winners.
I don’t know what strategy Colin was running, but the Toyota was painfully slow, perhaps Brian can give some advice, assuming Colin even wants any one poking there big hooters in.:roflmao::roflmao:
I'd love some advice as the car is clearly capable of going faster. If Brian would care to share his setup then I can see if I'm missing a trick as I do the bare minimum setup changes.

I wasn't sure I was going to participate so I joined last minute (kicked a friend out 10 mins before qualy start). No practice at all, not a single lap.. I was a bit stressed. Did qualy on mediums it seems..

Managed to get by Paul on the line, Brian then made a mistake at Les Combes, I went for the outside at Malmedy but he braked into me which put me in the gravel. Paul and Ernie went by. Ernie exited really slow at Les Fagnes and I placed my car on the outside of his at Campus. He must not have seen me and pushed me wide into the gravel again. Then I had some laps to make up the gap to the lead cars. I seemed to be quite faster but I spun on the inside kerb of double gauche.. which sent me in the barriers. I must have had some damage because my pace dropped quite drastically from there.

I didn't expect much jumping in with no practice. My tires where 2-3 psi under pressure, refueled 10 liters too much.. but still glad I did race. It would just be a bit more fun if I was at least slightly prepared.

I'd say it would have been down to the wire for us Ernie, if you planned for the 90 minutes!
I'm slowly getting used to these strange cars. Almost at the point now where it's enjoyable! I'm generally pressing the right buttons now :)

Happy to get the pole, in the absence of the aliens! Briefly all went to pot. Lap 1… first time through Les Combes went very wrong. I had no grip at the front. Checking my onboard, I had 37(+2) psi at the front. The surface of the tires had gone cold, down the kemmel, but the core hadn't dropped yet...
Understeered massively into Les combes. Everyone caught back up to me, got stuck on the kerb. Side by side in Malmedy with Laurent the car wouldn't brake or turn for me :( Sorry to Laurent and Paul for the taps :(

Enjoyable race from there. Got into a bit of a sweat chasing Ernie, who had a short pit. The sweat turned out to be not necessary, but made things interesting!

Thanks to all for racing. Congrats to the podiums and Fulvio for the GT win.

Hopefully see you all and a few more at Le Mans :)

Last edited:
Thanks to Brian for setting this series up, I'm really enjoying the longer races and I'm beginning to get some pace out of the Audi.
I had a bad start allowing Laurent to get by into La Source but had a good run out of Raidillon to be in the mix going into Les Coombs. Unfortunately, I was collateral damage in Brian's cold tyre issues and ended up in the gravel and last in class when I extracted myself.
The chase was on but again the closing speed of the LMP on the GTE and my keeness to hang onto Brian meant that I made a rash move on Pat going into Stavelot, really sorry Pat, PM sent.

After that indiscretion, it was a case of trying to manage the traffic and when Laurent got an overcut at the pit-stops, I was looking at hanging on for a fourth place finish. Later on I got bumped off at Les Coombs by Jason but no real damage done as I was only racing the clock at that stage. With Ernie's retirement I inherited a podium place which in the absence of the aliens I have to be happy with.

Really looking forward to Le Mans and two hours, just hoping for a good turn out.

Hello thanks again to the organizer for the event it was great
Doing it alongside the WEC makes the race much more interesting and so exciting.

Personally, I really appreciate Spa and I can't wait to be at Le Mans despite the date because I'll be at the centenary and I think I'm very tired from the weekend!

The free practice during the week allowed me to have a correct rhythm I find and I was very comfortable with my config
2'19"8 on medium and 2'18"4 on soft.

For my part a qualification of 10 min before the failed race. I did not have the opportunity to participate in the previous qualifications.
I will have to take the time to qualify for the next race in the long sessions.

Failed start but I didn't want to take any risks from the start...
Juste derrière Rob et sa BMW pendant 2 tours il me semble et j'ai pu trouver l'ouverture pour le doubler et finalement accélérer le rythme au 3ème tour.

Après j'ai pu retrouver un rythme de course moyen sur les pneus medium même si je m'attendais à beaucoup mieux après avoir fait pas mal de tours en essais..

J'ai vu Hank .B partir et je me suis surpassé pour ne pas céder trop de terrain mais c'était très compliqué

Je pensais avoir un meilleur rythme mais au final je pense que je n'aurais pas pu faire mieux hier.

Décallage de la stratégie J'ai poussé les médiums pendant 55 min et je me suis retrouvé sur les tendres.

Très bon choix que j'ai trouvé pour finir avec un bon rythme et espérer revenir sur Hank.

Fini le 12/16 course plutôt ennuyeuse pour moi sans combat direct et beaucoup de no man's land..
Les seules distractions étaient l'arrivée des prototypes à toute allure et le retour de Robert après son arrêt au stand.

Merci encore

Rendez-vous au Mans malgré la date

Overall good race for me. Not blisteringly fast, but becoming far more consistent and matching race pace of the front runners here and there.

Once again, I had some really enjoyable racing with Partick. We had a little contact in Pouhon, but it didn't seem to be malicious. Looking forward to the next race!
Hey Rob, yes once again we had a good battle that lasted quite a few laps. Sorry about the bump, it was a risky move. Lucky we both kept pointing in the right direction. I suffered from too much down force so was easy to pass once you got close enough. It was great fun!

Thanks for organizing Brian, and well done to the winners!

@cerebralvortex
Unfortunately my replay did not start until the second lap, I think I have sorted that.
You are certainly correct I did not even know about the Rotter (me) forcing you off.
But I will apologize for my discretion. So sorry Laurent.:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%