AC RDEC 1.2 hours of Sebring - Saturday 29th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It was nice ye. Glad i stuck with it even though knew i would have moments. You just have to push through the bad times with it :D ... Congrats for the class win!

Congats to @EireGreen™ and @FischBoB for the wins in their respective Gt classes :thumbsup:

@Stefasaki Congrats again for the overall win! How was the porsche compared to the toyota/audi?

@jackmr and @phjrossato . Well done for jumping into a club race. First one is the hardest! Hope you both enjoyed it.
Nice race everyone! Lapping (safely) slower cars was surprisingly difficult here, as the track wasn’t particularly wide in the slow sections... that made for an extra thrill!
The 919 (2016 in particular) is my overall favorite, so I prefer it over the Toyota and the Audi, it’s also considerably faster than the other two (around 5 seconds every two minutes), as it’s 2 years younger. I find it also easier to drive, the only downside is the not so exciting sound from the engine XD

Last edited:
Nice race everyone! Lapping (safely) slower cars was surprisingly difficult here, as the track wasn’t particularly wide in the slow sections... that made for an extra thrill!
The 919 (2016 in particular) is my overall favorite, so I prefer it over the Toyota and the Audi, it’s also considerably faster than the other two (around 5 seconds every two minutes), as it’s 2 years younger. I find it also easier to drive, the only downside is the not so exciting sound from the engine XD

I couldn't see any difference between the 2015 and 2016 919 on paper so just went for the newer one! I'll keep the porsche in the mix going forward.

First of all many thanks to Brian for organising the race and all those who took part!!

And of course congratulations to all the various podiuims!

I enjoyed the GTE battle with Vince @VinillaIce82 and @Marko77 Mark Alan, the race results graph show how close we ran, (also seems to show a close battle between @Kek700 and @640er, I'll have to watch the replay)

@EireGreen™ had driven off into the distance in first place on hard tyres, how?? :confused: Ran 3rd in class, lapping like a metronome, the mind started to wonder, made 2 mistakes wiped a 15 second lead over Mark into a 10 second deficit with 10 mins to go :( Picked up the pace and some how drove just as fast on worn mediums as fresh softs in the first stint :thumbsdown:

I chased Mark down, think he made a mistake as well??? Was on his bumper for I think 4 or 5 laps, but couldn't find a way to overtake. The 458 seemed to be better under braking but the 911 just pulled away out of the the corners (traction?? aero???). I was hoping Mark would buckle under the pressure, but ended up right behind him, maybe 1 second behind as we crossed the line to finish...........except Jim told me one more lap to go !! One more lap to overtake or for Mark to buckle.........but instead I overcooked it and Mark was gone. Full respect to Mark for withstanding the pressure :thumbsup:

I had an absolute blast in this race, enjoyed it immensely, looking forward to the next Multiclass (Daytona maybe ;))

Last edited:
I couldn't see any difference between the 2015 and 2016 919 on paper so just went for the newer one! I'll keep the porsche in the mix going forward.
There are a few differences between the two models, the main ones are:
1)the thermal engine: the 2016 model has less power (around 50hp) and revs something like 1000 rpm lower
2) the 2016 has the high downforce aero kit while the 2015 has the low drag aero kit (used at Le Mans)
3) the chassis itself was changed due to regulations

The 2016 car is quicker everywhere except on the straights, actually I don’t know a track where the 2015 is quicker... not even Monza

It was nice ye. Glad i stuck with it even though knew i would have moments. You just have to push through the bad times with it :D ... Congrats for the class win!

Congats to @EireGreen™ and @FischBoB for the wins in their respective Gt classes :thumbsup:

@Stefasaki Congrats again for the overall win! How was the porsche compared to the toyota/audi?

@jackmr and @phjrossato . Well done for jumping into a club race. First one is the hardest! Hope you both enjoyed it.
Even more if the first one is Sebring hahaha. I’m not a professional driver and don’t want be one, racing for me is for relax. I really enjoyed, thanks for the space, and i keep my eye and the next ones. Now i have a excuse to jump more in AC. Thanks all guys…
for GT4 behind me in start, sorry man, i missed at all. Next time its not gonna happen.

There are a few differences between the two models, the main ones are:
1)the thermal engine: the 2016 model has less power (around 50hp) and revs something like 1000 rpm lower
2) the 2016 has the high downforce aero kit while the 2015 has the low drag aero kit (used at Le Mans)
3) the chassis itself was changed due to regulations

The 2016 car is quicker everywhere except on the straights, actually I don’t know a track where the 2015 is quicker... not even Monza

Interesting! It looks to have great performance today on the straights and corners! Thanks for the great info. Helps with the organising :thumbsup:

First of all many thanks to Brian for organising the race and all those who took part!!

I enjoyed the GTE battle with Vince @VinillaIce82 and @Marko77 Mark Alan, the race results graph show how close we ran, (also seems to show a close battle between @Kek700 and @640er, I'll have to watch the replay)

@EireGreen™ had driven off into the distance in first place on hard tyres, how?? :confused: Ran 3rd in class, lapping like a metronome, the mind started to wonder, made 2 mistakes wiped a 15 second lead over Mark into a 10 second deficit with 10 mins to go :( Picked up the pace and some how drove just as fast on worn mediums as fresh softs in the first stint :thumbsdown:

I chased Mark down, think he made a mistake as well??? Was on his bumper for I think 4 or 5 laps, but couldn't find a way to overtake. The 458 seemed to be better under braking but the 911 just pulled away out of the the corners (traction?? aero???). I was hoping Mark would buckle under the pressure, but ended up right behind him, maybe 1 second behind as we crossed the line to finish...........except Jim told me one more lap to go !! One more lap to overtake or for Mark to buckle.........but instead I overcooked it and Mark was gone. Full respect to Mark for withstanding the pressure :thumbsup:

I had an absolute blast in this race, enjoyed it immensely, looking forward to the next Multiclass (Daytona maybe ;))
Thanks for the kind words Taj and to all the other lads. That was a blast. I made a couple early mistakes and you got away from me. You seemed faster either way. Too bad you had the late run off. After that, I tried hard not to slip up and was low on fuel. Did just enough to finish on red. :)

First thank you Brian for organizing the race.
I know i was slower on a single lap but I wanted to put pressure on @Stefasaki during the race. Unfortunately at the first corner I was hit by another porsche and I spun into the barriers. Had to wait to the entire group to pass and @Stefasaki was gone.
I have to say I prefer GT cars but also Lmp1 was a lot of fun; also lapping in this track was quite difficult but fun.

First thank you Brian for organizing the race.
I know i was slower on a single lap but I wanted to put pressure on @Stefasaki during the race. Unfortunately at the first corner I was hit by another porsche and I spun into the barriers. Had to wait to the entire group to pass and @Stefasaki was gone.
I have to say I prefer GT cars but also Lmp1 was a lot of fun; also lapping in this track was quite difficult but fun.

Unfortunate it was nipped in the bud like that. Sebring's turn 1 always claims it's victims! People see all the space but forget the bumps! It's alot more difficult than it looks to go 2 or 3 wide through there.

Last edited:
Even more if the first one is Sebring hahaha. I’m not a professional driver and don’t want be one, racing for me is for relax. I really enjoyed, thanks for the space, and i keep my eye and the next ones. Now i have a excuse to jump more in AC. Thanks all guys…
for GT4 behind me in start, sorry man, i missed at all. Next time its not gonna happen.
You behaved in an athletic manner with a lot of attention. No master has fallen from the sky yet. Hope to see you back on track.

We try to keep it relaxed and fun here! It's good place to learn and improve because of that. As you looked to do very well, check mirrors, keep the car under control and drive safe, all are welcome :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Absolutely true Brian, once I saw I had misjudged that corner I backed of in preparation for the series of bumps, that just did not save my car from being thrown in the air. Maybe backing off was not such a good strategy, lesson learnt the hard way here at Sebring.:unsure:

I was really enjoying our three-way battle, I wanted it to go on for the whole race, pit stops included. :)

I was also looking forward to battling with the GTE cars there too, it is not so easy dealing with these cars, would have made for some great tactile racing.
I really think this series has some potential, gives everyone a chance at a podium and a choice of their favourite car type.
I just love these LPMC cars, I also like LMP2 too. LMP1 cars since electrification have become too complicated,
It is a shame that there is not more choice for diesel or petrol LMP cars in AC that are readily available to race.
I would like to see fields of GT3, GTE and LMP cars more often at circuits like Le-Mans. Spa, etc etc.

Last edited:

The rsr is an animal out of the corners. It and the corvette run a massive BOP in the single class race. Compared to the gt3 it has better tyres, brakes aero and the engine shifted forward out of the boot!

Congats to @EireGreen™ and @FischBoB for the wins in their respective Gt classes
Thanks Brian. :thumbsup:

What a nice race. Great to be back racing :roflmao:. Only did 2 or 3 little mistakes an hat a good consistent pace in the high 2:12 and low 2:13s.
Right at the start, the GTE in front missed it totally and I needed to yank in my wheel to avoid a contact. Unfortunately, I lost two positions due to this. Right in the first corner I got punted pretty hard. Unfortunately the car in question didnt wait...
but spun itself out just a corner later.
Now that I already lost over 10 secs to Jens I knew it will be a boring race. Caught up to P3 in class and overtook to settle in as P2 for the rest of the race. Maybe I could have stayed closer in contact to Jens without the punt at the beginning. Some lap times made me assume I was not too far off.
Sad to hear that, would be great to have a nice battle with the GT4 here. I think our pace in the beginning was really close. But i think in the end i was about half a secend faster per lap then you. Did you also change tires or did you do the whole race with one set @random2k4?

The GT4s really fit the track i think. A full on GT4 race would be nice around sebring :D

And thanks Brian for organising :thumbsup:

Thanks Brian. :thumbsup:

What a nice race. Great to be back racing :roflmao:. Only did 2 or 3 little mistakes an hat a good consistent pace in the high 2:12 and low 2:13s.

Sad to hear that, would be great to have a nice battle with the GT4 here. I think our pace in the beginning was really close. But i think in the end i was about half a secend faster per lap then you. Did you also change tires or did you do the whole race with one set @random2k4?

The GT4s really fit the track i think. A full on GT4 race would be nice around sebring :D

And thanks Brian for organising :thumbsup:

Sure, over the entire lenght of the race, you would have pulled away. Would just have been nice to see another GT4 in front at some point :D

It was my first race in the GT4 and I havnt done practice longer then 20 mins before the race, so I didnt know how long the tires would last and how the handling will change over time. So I played it save and changed tires.

Thanks to all again for the great event. Next one is 80 minutes of Portimao!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing