AC RDEC 1.2 hours of Sebring - Saturday 29th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Saturday 29th May we're going to @MadBrain's Sebring, for some multiclass endurance racing and you are invited to join.

RDEC Sebring.jpg

sebring-track-map-png.76641

This is a place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask right here on the forum or on race comms... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

Come join us and make the event one to remember!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Event Details

• 14:30 UTC (15:30 DST)| Practice (80 minutes)
  • 15:50 UTC (16:50 DST) | LMP1/LMPC Qualification (12 minutes)
  • 16:02 UTC (17:02 DST) GTE/GT4 Qualification (12 minutes)
  • 16:15 UTC (17:15 DST) | Race (72 minutes)
  • Mandatory Pitstop required between 10 and 60 minutes
Track: Sebring International Raceway - [Download]
Pit stop:
Mandatory (10 - 60 minutes)
Ambient Temp: 26 C
Track Temp: 36 C
Track Condition: Light Clouds
Assists: Factory

Cars

LMP1:

• Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016

LMPC:

GTE:

GT4:

Useful Links
  1. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  2. RaceDepartment Discord
  3. Recommended apps: Helicorsa + Top/Centre Flags or AC_Flags
  4. Practice and race server password: click here

Entry List

LMP1

1. @davlight
  2. @Stefasaki
  3. @Backmarker EB
  4. @AlB_3010
  5. .

LMPC
  1. @Interslice (host)
  2. @Kek700
  3. @640er
  4. ...

GTE
  1. @Taj Johal - Ferrari 458
  2. @Marko77 - Porsche 911 RSR
  3. Reserve: @Luca Badin Corvette C7.R
  4. @EireGreen™ - Porsche 911 RSR
  5. @VinillaIce82 - Porsche 911 RSR
  6. @phjrossato - Porsche 911 RSR

GT4
  1. @edo22 - Cayman Clubsport
  2. @FischBoB - Cayman Clubsport
  3. @jet_rover - Cayman Clubsport
  4. @D.J. Harris - Maserati GT4
  5. @random2k4 - Cayman Clubsport
  6. @jackmr - Cayman Clubsport

Car tbc

19/29 Grid Slots

Please use discord with push to talk before and during this event, to ensure smooth running of the sessions and good communication between drivers on track.

See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES

• It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class then the same rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake. Please be sensible.
  • Seperate qualification runs will happen for Prototype and GT classes. See timetable details in OP. Prototypes must not start a new lap after 12 minutes have elapsed. GT cars must not exit the pits before 12 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.

Are the factory presets available, the LMPC should have TC.

I have become moany, wanting old git. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
Oh wow, thanks for organising Brian, this looks like a very fun event already. I'm 100% in, but of those nine cars I have only ever driven the 911 (and the Corvette, a bit), and I'm not even sure what class I want to drive in anyway. I'll do some testing and report back.

Hopefully I end up utterly hating every option but one, or I'll never manage to settle on a single car :roflmao:

Thanks for organizing, I’m in! Still don’t know what car tho
Oh wow, thanks for organising Brian, this looks like a very fun event already. I'm 100% in, but of those nine cars I have only ever driven the 911 (and the Corvette, a bit), and I'm not even sure what class I want to drive in anyway. I'll do some testing and report back.

Hopefully I end up utterly hating every option but one, or I'll never manage to settle on a single car :roflmao:

Good stuff lads. I'll put you both in the undecided group!

Oh you are spoiling us Brian. Hard to decide which car but seeing you and @Kek700 in the LMPC class makes me want to join there as well :) I really hope I can make it this time, weekends are always a bit unpredictable

Oh you are spoiling us Brian. Hard to decide which car but seeing you and @Kek700 in the LMPC class makes me want to join there as well :) I really hope I can make it this time, weekends are always a bit unpredictable

Nice one. I'll put you down for one LMPC.

Ye we're always going to loose a handfull. The last one was extra messy with swapping servers. We should know a few days in advance the numbers, more or less, for each class this time around.

Last edited:

I really like the LMPC, it has an interesting soundtrack, terrible tyres, a nice performance increase over GT3, is quite difficult to handle, a flow to it without that edgy stuck to the road LMP1 thing.
I am not particularly quick with it, there are some very quick aliens with this car if memory serves me, the better you can flow with the car the less tricky the handling becomes, beware it can bite.
It is going to be. for me, a difficult car over these 72 minutes.
Plus it is going to make traffic with the GT3 and GTE class very interesting, you won't be able to do the Audi/mx5 thing and certainly not the GT3 /LMP1 stunts.
In many ways you will have to part fight the GT3 cars unless you can drive it with alienability, even then it is not going to be easy.
I think the advice is, or should be, no slowing or putting yourselves out for LMPC drivers. let the buggers work for it, and no I don't mean block them, or swerve to defend. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years