[RDDev] Season 1999 Total Conversion

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
Season 1999 Total Conversion

version 1.1.2012.0820
This modpack completely converts the game to the 1999 season. Unfortunately, while we did start this mod back in October of 2011, we could not finish it due to the RaceDepartment upgrades, and certain members being busy. So while the graphics changes are limited, you can be sure it's still a great experience during the race, as all the teams and drivers (data files) are there.

Features:
  • Helmets -- Four new helmets are included for the Jordan and McLaren teams.
  • Liveries -- New liveries have been made for Jordan, Mclaren, Sauber, and Williams. Benetton and Arrows are using placeholder liveries, not from the 1999 season.
  • New Drivers -- Race amongst the ranks of 21 new drivers!
  • New Teams -- Compete for 8 new teams like Benetton, Prost, Stewart, and much more! (Includes Toyota from the 2002 season as a bonus)
  • Driver/Team Strengths -- All drivers and teams are edited to match their skills and positions as close as possible to the 1999 season.
  • Retirements -- Retirements have been fine tuned for maximum realism, based specifically to each driver, and track.
  • Car Performance -- Each car has been modified in Power and Weight to match the real life performance.
Changelog
    • First Release
    • Added Prost, Minardi, and Ferrari Liveries
    • Put in a placeholder livery for the HRT
    • Includes the DB Fix
Credits
  • MischoFX - For making the Prost team.
  • ML2166 - For creating the Jordan and Williams teams. Also for the placeholder Arrows and Benetton skins.
  • Pebz - For making the Minardi, Ferrari, Arrows, and Stewart teams.
  • Ryder25 - For putting in the new drivers, teams, and AI files.
  • SK Racing - For making the McLaren team.
  • Warok - For creating the Sauber and Ferrari teams.
  • RaceDepartment Community - For all the support.
2012070200001qa.jpg
2012070200004.jpg
NOTES:
  • Toyota, Arrows, and Minardi are meant to be a challenge so your car will be slower than your teammate.
  • BAR team will be harder in Qualifying, but much less so than the tier 5 teams, and race will be way easier.
  • GP does not reflect the proper Car/Driver/Team tuning, play career for the real experience.
  • We're not sure how much it is worth it to continue working on this so there may or may not be more updates.
  • Almost forgot, use this fix and put it in your system folder to be able to save your game: DL

I will download this, thank you guys for all the work.

I shelved F1 2011 in hopes of 2012 being a better product, but this seems like it can make me dust off that copy.

I just left the low teams without KERS to try and make it a bigger challenge for the hardcore racers. But some people around here are just way too good for the AI even with its handicaps. :p

We can only try to make it as competitive as possible.

Update:

I realized I made a little mistake with the retirement calculations so I've provided a dl link to the fixed database under the main download mirror.

You can see here the extreme that I take all these calculations to :x3: :

cannedresults1999.png

Thanks man, ive been tring to get into this game, but just couldnt bring myself to torture my eyes and sences by doing so.
Hopefully, this will make the £25 worth something!

not really many cars are not in this mod >___<

Ferrari,Stewart,BAR,Minardi,Prost and Toyota are missing

I think that was kind of explained in Ryders opening post.

"So while the graphics changes are limited, you can be sure it's still a great experience during the race, as all the teams and drivers (data files) are there".

And the reasons as to why this is the case.

Yeah guys, in a perfect world this would have been released fully back in December, but things got in the way. We gave you as much as we could for now.

Update 2:
Again with the retirements, I realized I uploaded the wrong file, please re-download the db fix, sorry!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%