RDCCC S2 - Chevrolet Camaro Cup (STCC - The Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yves Larose

Premium
Camaro.png

What is this?

This is the News thread for the RaceDepartment Chevrolet Camaro Cup. Here all important updates and announcement of the league will be made. Keep a close eye on this thread so you don't miss out on important changes.

The news will be posted by the staff.

Not sure how to begin but feel sheepish. Forgot about round 5 and this afternoon I remembered.
Unfortunately I have 2 problems, have an appointment and 19.00gmt is way too early for me to participate. Just finished dinner.

Have fun everyone.

I am very disappointed with my race tonight.
I did have fun on the track, but my pitstops were a nightmare.
At the first pitstop I lost 10 seconds because I had to adjust my fuel, otherwise my strategy would become a big problem.
At the second pitstop I lost about 25 seconds because my keyboard did not work. Until I realized that my chatbox was open.
If I wouldn't have had these problems I would have finished maybe 3rd, or otherwise at least 4th, but I finished 7th :(
Congrats to Gregory for winning the championship.

Yves
from the bottom of my hart thank you for organizing this great event....2 great season of the camaro's
you cannot imagine how much fun I had and wishing for a rerun...if in the camaro or in the muscle cars...
Yves again buddy.....thank you thank you thank you
it saddens me that the season is over

As for the race....eh could have gone better.
Qualified 3rd....actually really bad as I could not hit my lines
Then in the race I was not happy with the defense that Greg pulled on me early in the race as I challenged him for the lead (i was next to you already buddy ;))
and not happy with the punt I received, which dropped me all the way down to 5th and even 9 at one point....
decided to drive a bit harder, got in a bit of a mess between Peter and Daniel I think lol (I dived into the sand to avoid it), then decided to pit earlier than planned so I can see how fast can I do....And I was able to go faster than my qualy time....
My pit strategy worked awesome as I was able to pull back in front of Andreas, then begin pulling slowly away and try to shrink that time to Greg....congrats Greg with the championship....
I would have prefered that those incidents would not happened, then we would have truly know who would have gone with the trophy home....as we were close to eachother (you, me Andreas) comparing to everyone else...I would have at least go down fighting until last lap...oh well

Yves...thanks again for everything you did and I hope to see 1 more season soon...this is for me the best or the most challenging season ever...

Very sad about this race:(

I started 6th behind Yves, followed him for a few laps, then an accident happened ahead and that made things exciting. I was running 3rd ahead Andreas then. But after he passed me I made a mistake that put me back about 10 seconds. Then there was another accident over there and I came back to the pack. They went to the pits and I stayed out. Made another mistake and Chris passed me. From the pits I came back between Hannu and Grégory. I chased Hannu for a few laps and I managed to pass him at last. Then he tried everything to pass me back, braking late in every corner, I had to go in wide every time to avoid collision. Unfortunately in the "downhill right hander" I had to go over the bump and that caused my car to oversteer a bit right into Hannu's car and that caused the end of my race basically... after that it was only a struggle, I didn't have the mood to race... but finished.

Anyways, thx Yves for this great cup and of course for your great work in the racing club!

I´m very disappointed how the race went on.

The first laps was very exciting for me, first i thought Greg and Chris pulling away but after few laps i could follow closely to Chris. I wanted to take my chance but then i was easy too late and push Chris out. I was only thinking, No No No - i´m idiot. So i decided the championchip against Chris which makes me really unhappy.
I´m very Sorry Chris, i also wanted drive it out fair on track, not in this way. :frown:

Finally i want to say Thank You to Yves for orgenizing this league which gives me and my team so much fun. Also the vids was awesome, i always watch it from time to time. Specially Oldring :redface:, Big Thanks Yves.

Last but not least Congratulation Greg for driving such a constantly league with finishing all races on the podium and winning the championchip.
I wish you had fight much more with Chris for it but i can´t change what happen. Hope Chris is not too angry to me.

I'm happy for this last race.

Qualification: 2nd with a new pb, best result of the season in quali.

Race: I did a first mistake in the T1, and i lost my concentration and go to the sand in the T3, totally stupid mistake. I was 11th (the last) at this moment. I pushed hard to come back, and luckily, my pit stop strategy was the best of the season. I got a very good fight for the 4th place with Daniel Hansson until the end of the race, and i finaly passed him one lap before the end.

Congrats to Greg D, and for the podium. The Camaro wasn't the most fun car that i drove, but it was a very good championship. A little pity we are so less people in the latest races :(

Otherwise big thanks to Yves to organize this league, you done a great job here! :thumbup: thanks a lot and hope we race together in the futur!

I´m very disappointed how the race went on.

The first laps was very exciting for me, first i thought Greg and Chris pulling away but after few laps i could follow closely to Chris. I wanted to take my chance but then i was easy too late and push Chris out. I was only thinking, No No No - i´m idiot. So i decided the championchip against Chris which makes me really unhappy.
I´m very Sorry Chris, i also wanted drive it out fair on track, not in this way. :frown:

Finally i want to say Thank You to Yves for orgenizing this league which gives me and my team so much fun. Also the vids was awesome, i always watch it from time to time. Specially Oldring :redface:, Big Thanks Yves.

Last but not least Congratulation Greg for driving such a constantly league with finishing all races on the podium and winning the championchip.
I wish you had fight much more with Chris for it but i can´t change what happen. Hope Chris is not too angry to me.

np Andreas
yep was furious as saw a chance to win it go away, but in the end I realize that these things happens. You cannot be lucky every season...mine was last season....this season is different :wink:

thx guys ...
icon_biggrin.gif

well very happy... my first championship in my pocket loool

P1 in quali where i make little mistake in T1, T2, T3 and in the fast "chicane" (2turns before the finish line...) :/
but well P1
icon_biggrin.gif

Race, i make "easy" in the two first laps for brakes and tires but Chris was already behind me, i see him in somes turns with 4wheels crossing the line and it give him a better speed at the exit of the turn and he try to overtake me but i change line in last sec because i was a bit "angry" that he overtake me in a "unfair" way... i dont know why the rules is changing again... oO
i make a gap of 2sec on Chris and Andreas and in T2(i think), Chris and Andreas have a incident what give me 12sec on Yves and 20sec on Chris and Andreas... there i was only hoping that Chris cant drive again very economic and need to make only 1pitstop... no no no... 2pitstop from him too
icon_biggrin.gif

finish very slowy and with 25sec on Chris...
icon_smile.gif

thx to the 10guys who showed up in this last one!!!!

and BIG THX to Yves for the organisation and for who it was the last night in the racing staff :/
thx for all Yves!!!
icon_wink.gif

Then in the race I was not happy with the defense that Greg pulled on me early in the race as I challenged him for the lead (i was next to you already buddy ;))

just one thing to say here... the rules is the rules... dont change it from event to event and not 1hour before the race ... ;)

result have been parsed, Grats Gregory D you are now the title holder until the next season ( if there is gonna be one ), thanks to everybody that took part of season 2 of the RDCCC. the success of the league goes to all of you big thanks to be part of it :smile::thumbup:

Race, i make "easy" in the two first laps for brakes and tires but Chris was already behind me, i see him in somes turns with 4wheels crossing the line and it give him a better speed at the exit of the turn and he try to overtake me but i change line in last sec because i was a bit "angry" that he overtake me in a "unfair" way... i dont know why the rules is changing again... oO
i make a gap of 2sec on Chris and Andreas and in T2(i think), Chris and Andreas have a incident what give me 12sec on Yves and 20sec on Chris and Andreas... there i was only hoping that Chris cant drive again very economic and need to make only 1pitstop... no no no... 2pitstop from him too

just one thing to say here... the rules is the rules... dont change it from event to event and not 1hour before the race ... ;)

well Gregory I would have still have you there if I was not 4 wheels of track...I was fast and really fast in that part, that move honestly was not something I would see come from you. you should have just given me room and brake as (during this whole season) my late braking sucks badly compare to most of you
Yves went with the rules because, I might be wrong, what he saw on the rules that was done during round 3 of RDLMS worked great, it is then best to use it as a part of consistency....Richard asked and that was the reply. Else I would have raced only 2 tires maximum on the exit with no problem and still would have gotten you there (i think you are forgetting we have raced here before during testing ;))....and I did gave a heads up on the cutting in chat when most guys went on track during the first min of qualify (everywhere minus hairpin and pit entry) just to be sure if anyone missed that.

as for fuel I would never make it on 1 stop...never...I was getting 8.75 l per lap, but that is all that I can get......It might have been if it was 19 laps ;)

you should have just given me room and brake as (during this whole season) my late braking sucks badly compare to most of you
;)
i know, its the first time that i defend like this but i will never again give room because nobodys let me never room... i understand that before i was to much fair to let room for the others... and we was playing championship and i was with the "original" cutting rules in my mind... ;)

but we are back with the same discuss after round2(i think), the league regulations is CLEAR for me, and if "you" want change it, dont put the league regulations in the thread of the race but well a "exeption"... :)

Gregory - SORRY! The exception was my fault, if I hadn't asked for clarification then the usual rules would have stood. I asked for clarification because in other league events at RSP those areas were considered part of the ideal line and I just wanted to be sure where we stood on the matter. I'd have been just as happy to learn we were sticking to the "two wheels inside the white/yellow lines" rule. Perhaps in future it might be wise for you to check the race thread prior to an event just in case changes like this come up again. Whether it's right or wrong that the changes were made is irrelevant, it would only have taken a few minutes to check prior to logging in to the game.

Yves - Thanks for allowing me to participate in this league. I am most definitely nowhere near the pace of the majority of the field in these cars. I've learned a lot though and I have to say that the car actually felt good around RSP, the best it's felt all season, didn't stop me making mistakes though. I've managed to have some good racing along the way and have thoroughly enjoyed it, except perhaps Porterio los de fuming mad. :) Thanks for all the organising and painstaking replay reviewing, having done that kind of thing myself I know what a time sink it is.

I probably won't be entering again, I realised early on that I would need to put in way more hours than I could spare in order to get even half competitive. Turning up a couple of hours before an event was never going to be enough to get to grips with those monsters. Sorry to anyone who's way I got in.

Most practice for this one since singapore. Didn't get so much faster, but I could try different strategy options. I've known that it is possible to spice up things by changing just two tires, but never been able to test if it was good to do so, untill this race. Suprisingly I found that I was quicker with two fresh fronts than two rears :confused: , and that made me about a second or less slower than otherwise. The pit stop take about 9 seconds less, so with simple math I should gain a couple.

Nothing that good in q. My warmup laps were 0.5 faster...

The first stint was amazing. Changing positions like every lap and good, hard, clean battles. I must have been fighting with more than half of the field at some point during this. Thanks guys, really fun. :)

Pitted from 6/7/8:th for the first time. I am sorry Peter D for bumping into you in the last turn before pitting. That was clumbsy by me. I changed only the fronts, aimed for a short stint, and got past everyone when I rolled out. Quite a nice feeling :) .

Was up to 2:nd after all had pitted, but with a slightly crippled pace, so it was no suprise to see the guys behind me was faster and overtook me quite easily. Fell down to 5:th before pit number 2, so I had gained some. Was good to get ahead of the pack and not loose time in battles.

In the last stint the fast mr Cogotti gained on me and started to apply some pressure. Got up to 4:th when Yves infront of me made an error, but lost it just before the last lap when I went wide and Grégory capitalised. Bad to loose it when as I could have held on, but it was a fun fight and Grég was like 2 secs faster a lap, so he deserved it.

Thanks everyone for this league, and especially Yves! Without you this wouldn't have been run at all. Nice cars, nice tracks, good race length, superpole etc etc. Really good setup for the league, and a lot of battles with those who made it to the events. It has been challenging with the beast and I have never got quite comfortable with it, but it has been fun and I've learned a lot.

Good luck all with future leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline