rF2 RD500 2009 (rFactor)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really looking forward to tonight, love this racing as it's fast and frantic at times. Sadly with the chaos of the start and the caution. JJ seemed to slow more suddenly than what I class as running out and allowing the SC to catch up and caught me by suprise and all I could do to avoid a big one was go high and we collided and both took damage. Sorry to Jimmie for that.

After the start I climbed up behind Chris Aponte and was drafting until Parker came up with us and slipped in. As I had greater speed at one point I slipped inside and put a wheel on the infield and spun into the pits, having to exit slow and finished running 17th. Got back up to around 12th-14th until my pit lap when my engine gave in, where I met Melson playing the fool in the pits, no idea what he was doing :p

Fun while it was lasted but hopefully more Cart races will come and we will all learn from them and have lots of fun.

I must have a real low expectation threshold as the game crashed again, because whilst I am disappointed. Those few laps race laps still made me smile. I wonder if my i7 920 is to blame for my game crashing as man applications have issues with it. Some digging on the web may provide a answer. Hope the race was a good one till the next time fellas.

Game frozen :(:( think i´ll give up this all was going so good ! So i think i´m gonna jump up and down on my comp and throw it out of the window from 20m or drop it in the lake. Apart from that i had ablast so please please let´s do this again.
To RD-staff a big big thx for setting this up. :):) Or next time have INDY-08 for a spinn :)

1st event got dsq (ignored the stop n go) nupty here did see the lights but thought wtf are they for so carried on till bump dsq :embarrassed:

2nd event managed 97 laps without to much damage to myself and those around me and was running i think in 6th until i lost connection with the server :weep: but from the laps i did manage it was great fun and a nice change from the norm so thnx all for getting it all together as it was well worth the effort :good:

• Steve Parker

First race i had good run,was running nicely in 2nd when the race was to be restarted.
2nd race was up with leaders till slightly got forced off the track,was cruising in 4th till 6 laps to go when james would not pass me and i got drive through for ignoring the blue flags lol,couldnt be bothered to come out of pits after that.

Sorry about the penalty Steve - its a bit stupid that you can get a penalty for helping make the race more interesting!

Great race, loved every minute of it - so close at the end Patrick, shame i didn't get you!

And while you dodged Steve, i rolled over your right tyres by staying high!
I noticed you called it a day at that point, i had alot of damage from that, but managed to carry on.
Not good!
(im not blaming you Ben, you were only avoiding a suprise attack! i had no where to go)

Jai

Jai i also slid across the pit grass, it then wouldn't let me do my pitstop i then whet around again did my pitstop and spun it coming out of the pits and then nearly cuased a HUGE incident

Man my race was ruined on the 9th lap :( i took evasive action not to hit Ric Kay :(
My plan was then to help James win, It nearly did work as i slowed down to give him some draft this was with 10 laps to go but i then got blue flag warnings which then lead me to being DQ with 4 laps to go.

Grats for the Victory Patrick

We need Safety cars so the race can get even more exciting

Well raced Patrick, enjoyed racing with you. Unlucky James, well done all the same that was a close finish. I'll take 3rd as a good result considering the opposition I was up against.

Sorry about lap 9 Ben, the car got loose as I lifted a little and bumped the apron. Made the car go all swirly and I was lucky to catch it.

Sorry to start with something negative, but i am not taking it any longer that we setup 2 events where people can practice online with others and that a few are not even bothered show up there or even practice in the time between. It is really dissappointing that only 9 cars stayed untill the finish decided a winner. Ill bet you would have stayed untill they end if you were in the leading lap. So we had a few that didnt show up and a lot that simply dropped out...
If you can only be motivated to finish a race when you can win then i dont think this is the right place to race for some.

Enough rant: i had a great night. First race went terrific and could keep up the pace very easy with the leaders. With 380km/h on the straight: one hand on the wheel and cellphone in the other i called Yoeri to discuss a possible restart of the event.

I think we made the correct decision to end the misery of the first race and restart without full course buggy yellow (go back to Race 07 stupid bug).

The second race was the best race in the last two years. Not the result that mattered but the tactics and cooperation with first Christopher and later with JJ tha Rocket was freakin' awesome. I had a lot of juuhuu-moments in the cockpit. Especially when we unlapped ourselfs and really had the pace together to fight back to top positions.
Then after a pitstop we made a mess with pit entry and exit and damaged the car a bit. We lost valuable seconds but the car was still very up to speed. Next pitstop the pitcrew decided to fix the damage (can that be switched off?) and I lost more then 20 seconds on the leaders, and James as well.
Last stint was horror in a positive way. We caught up eventually with Ric and Patrick that were some seconds behind leader James Yates and we decided to push full to give those guys a fabulous last lap (pretty good communication without comms actually). Those last stunning laps we managed to close the gap to James Yates.
Instead of catching the train our little groups went wild in overtaking eachother and it went wrong for first Ric and a corner later i got blocked on the straight and completely lost control.
Still an amazing finish and a great race. Had so much fun, I could have done another 200 i guess :) Bring on some more ovals i hope. With the same level of racing that promisses something really good!

Congrats to our first ever RD500 winner!! Danica Patrick Duivelaar!!

This one is for you:

2m5fhq0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%