Status
Not open for further replies.
It does have plenty of flex, I wouldn't recommend this for DD wheel or loadcell pedals

I have watched a review by simracing604 and the pedal mount flexed like crazy with a pair of HE sprints.

How people can be satisfied with that, especially considering the price, is beyond me.

You even have a quote in this review: "Mike over at Simracing604 has an Accuforce Direct Drive wheel and Heusinkveld Sim Pedals sprint attached to the cockpit without any concerns for putting the rig under undue stress or flex."

Tells you all you need to know about this kind of "review".

Just have a look at that ->
:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have watched a review by simracing604 and the pedal mount flexed like crazy with a pair of HE sprints.

How people can be satisfied with that, especially considering the price, is beyond me.

You even have a quote in this review: "Mike over at Simracing604 has an Accuforce Direct Drive wheel and Heusinkveld Sim Pedals sprint attached to the cockpit without any concerns for putting the rig under undue stress or flex."

I am not confident that he has the pedal plate installed properly. My setup has zero flex and there are no concerns with even the most aggressive sim racer.

Upvote 0

I am not confident that he has the pedal plate installed properly. My setup has zero flex and there are no concerns with even the most aggressive sim racer.

I have the GT Track and the Sprints and I agree with BillyBob.
The pedal base is solid. I used some larger washers with the bolts in the slots where the bottom of the pedal base attaches to the GT Track pedal base to enhance the firmness. It doesn't move at all under heavy braking and/or heel and toe applications.
All this talk about flex is rubbish.
My Accuforce is solid as a rock on the wheel deck, my shifters and seat mountings are rock solid as well.
The design is well thought out and the hardware is first class.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming ..... :)

Upvote 0
Give me a break.

Even my custom 40x40 6mm thick lasercut steelplate flexed under the brake of the Sprints until i used an additional bolt to attach it to a profile right in the middle. I assume you would need a plate that is at least 8mm thick if it's only bolted down at the edges.

And now you want to tell me that the 3mm pedalplate of the GT Track does not flex at all? That's not possible. And how would some rods on the side help with that if it's the plate itself that bends? Makes no sense at all.

You might not mind it (which is fine) but stop with that "no flex at all" nonsense.

Because someone buying this rig with that expectation (regarding the pedal tray) will surely be disappointed if using pedals like the sprints or something similar/superior.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I've seen so many reviews lately that seem more like adverts, I've lost alot of confidence in sim racing channels because of this shilling for free stuff

Upvote 0
Give me a break.

Even my custom 40x40 6mm thick lasercut steelplate flexed under the brake of the Sprints until i used an additional bolt to attach it to a profile right in the middle. I assume you would need a plate that is at least 8mm thick if it's only bolted down at the edges.

And now you want to tell me that the 3mm pedalplate of the GT Track does not flex at all? That's not possible. And how would some rods on the side help with that if it's the plate itself that bends? Makes no sense at all.

You might not mind it (which is fine) but stop with that "no flex at all" nonsense.

Because someone buying this rig with that expectation (regarding the pedal tray) will surely be disappointed if using pedals like the sprints or something similar/superior.
Yep, my pedal deck still flexes abit even with the extra reinforcement plate Sim Labs sent out, so no idea how some are claiming this doesn't flex

Upvote 0
Sorry guys, but the rig reviewed here looks a lot like my GT Omega Art cockpit, which still flexes like buggery despite reinforcing it with 25x25mm tubes all over the place. The last straw for it was my Podium DD1, it's out of its league with a DD wheel, I have ordered a Sim Lab P1-X as a replacement.
I cannot imagine that the Next Level Racing rig reviewed here is even remotely capable of handling a DD wheel or Heusinkfeld pedals.
All in all, another shill review that makes something look better than it is. And how is that relavant to people living in Europe anyway? Why would I order a rig in Australia, when there are any amount of companies in Europe? Have I missed something here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Give me a break.

Is your custom lasercut steel plate flat or have a stamped stiffening shape like the pedal plate of the GT Track? I don't think you can directly compare the stiffness by only looking at the metal thickness.

I agree that "no flex at all" really means that I can not see or feel flex. I'm sure if the plate was instrumented I could measure some level of movement.

Upvote 0
claiming it has flex, you offer no proof or even having used the rig basically are calling a number of people have already stated they are bulletproof in that regard liars

you could use the pedal plate for a car ramp and barbeque hotplate so get over it go back to bashing rF2

if you put in press it would snap in half before bending :roflmao: it is that kind of metal brittle not cold rolled but you lot wouldn't have a clue would you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

It's not even Flexible where it matters, Adaptability. You're tied into their upgrades, just like the GT stuff.

It's ok as a starter setup with say the Logitech/ Thrustmaster range. But DD wheels need either Profile or dedicated welded up tubing.

I have s2u, Heusinkveld Sprints, & Sequential shifter, Bolted to a Modified GT Omega Art rig, It's usable, But it Flexes, Stiffen one part, and another Part flexes. By the time I've chased out the flex, I could have built a custom rig.

Upvote 0
It's not even Flexible where it matters, Adaptability. You're tied into their upgrades, just like the GT stuff.

It's ok as a starter setup with say the Logitech/ Thrustmaster range. But DD wheels need either Profile or dedicated welded up tubing.

I have s2u, Heusinkveld Sprints, & Sequential shifter, Bolted to a Modified GT Omega Art rig, It's usable, But it Flexes, Stiffen one part, and another Part flexes. By the time I've chased out the flex, I could have built a custom rig.
Yeah, that's where I'm at now. My GT Omega Art Rig has mutated into a Frankenstein construction with extra tubes all over the place, and it still flexes with the DD1, even at well below maximum force.
My Sim Lab P1-X will be arriving on the 28th of December, I'm counting the days :)

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

The Sim Lab P1-X is on my shopping list as well, It looks a solid piece of kit. Got a few to research first.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

Get the rig first, bolting a DD to anything else is pointless.

Upvote 0
The Sim Lab P1-X is on my shopping list as well, It looks a solid piece of kit. Got a few to research first.
I did a lot of research too, in the end I chose the P1-X for the general build quality, the modular system that the 80/20 system offers, and, last but not least, being able to order it with a dedicated mounting specially made for my Podium DD1. It's by far the best solution I've seen. Can't wait till it gets here next Monday :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline