No, sadly not. But even if you could get the wheel on the thrustmaster base, all buttons would be dead as fanatec decided to encrypt their signals to restrict their wheel to only fanatec wheelbases...
I know a lot of people using fanatec wheels with a dd wheel and a USB interface.
Sadly not possible anymore with newer fanatec wheels :(
Thanks for the detailed answer. Sucks a bit, because before I upgraded inside the TM ecosystem I looked at Fanatec and noticed this wheel v1 was no longer selling, which would have been the main reason to chose them...

Upvote 0
I setup the car so 90 deg is full lock so i never have to remove my hands from the wheel and for me it works very well and gives me very fast control of the car.
Also have the handbrake as a button under my right thumb , again for very fast reactions.
Certainly puts a smile on my dial.
Have you tried using a controller, may be perfect for your use case?
Btt.: I got one as well and really looking forward to see my whole screen while driving.

Upvote 0

blekenbleu

SimHub+Arduino hacker
Premium
Several YouTube reviews remark on its exceptionally low weight revealing FFB microdetails.
Repurposed on an AccuForce or other (hybrid) stepper wheelbase, its reduced rotational inertial may allow cogging to be felt which is typically masked by most rims' flywheel effect...

I have no experience with Fanatec wheel bases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Several YouTube reviews remark on its exceptionally low weight revealing FFB microdetails.
Repurposed on an AccuForce or other (hybrid) stepper wheelbase, its reduced rotational inertial may allow cogging to be felt which is typically masked by most rims' flywheel effect...
Personally have't felt the slightest hint of that on my wheel. Tried it on CSL Elite base and DD2.

Upvote 0

RCHeliguy

Premium
Can you feel cogging by removing the rim and twisting the wheel base hub?
AccuForce cogging is quite distinctly felt then..

While that is true of most all direct drive motors to some extent, it is a fallacy to extrapolate that there is any correlation in game. At rest vs. electrically active are completely different.

Upvote 0

blekenbleu

SimHub+Arduino hacker
Premium
While that is true of most all direct drive motors to some extent, it is a fallacy to extrapolate that there is any correlation in game. At rest vs. electrically active are completely different.
I agree that active FFB cogging differs from power off,
but with/without rim for power off is readily reproducible,
and rim rotational inertia effects apply in either case ..

Upvote 0

RCHeliguy

Premium
I agree that active FFB cogging differs from power off,
but with/without rim for power off is readily reproducible,
and rim rotational inertia effects apply in either case ..

Now you get into slew rates and overall power and reaction times.

However a powerful DD wheel will just suck down a bit more current and move the extra weight.

Upvote 0

blekenbleu

SimHub+Arduino hacker
Premium
Now you get into slew rates and overall power and reaction times.
Indeed, gain/bandwidth and closed loop stability issues.
However a powerful DD wheel will just suck down a bit more current and move the extra weight.
.. so you suspect placebo effect in those YouTube reviews?
Cote Dazur noted that he affected subsequent DD1 behavior by dragging against its rim during calibration. Meanwhile, SimXperience recommends removing their wheel during calibration
(to avoid USB cable thrashing);
AccuForce force feedback presumably does not account for rim inertia,
unless they can sense back EMF during PWM off time to estimate loads
and/or back-calculate from encoder data, which would seem problematic,
since it only reports positional changes...?

Upvote 0

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Those of you who have this wheel, do you feel I would benefit from having the clubsport metal quickrelease on a CSW 2.5?

Upvote 0

G-Slev

Premium
Fanatec sent me an email just now advising mine is getting ready to ship. It seems they have got them back in stock (they sent an email out saying they were awaiting stock that was stuck in transit from China a couple of weeks ago)

Upvote 0

G-Slev

Premium
Mine Landed today.

Attachments

• IMG_20210317_155750450.jpg
    IMG_20210317_155750450.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
Upvote 0

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150