Stupid question time: is this wheel compatible with my CSL Elite 1.1 wheelbase? It's not clear (to me anyway) if I need to buy the clubsport quick release adapter as well if I want to use it.

Its in the name..... Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3 V2

the adapter is for using it in full torque mode on the direct drive wheel bases

Upvote 1

BP

Premium
Glad to hear Fanatec finally addressed the issues with the wheel, but unfortunately it's a little too late for me as I've moved out from their ecosystem. It was my favourite feeling Fanatec wheel though, flaws and all.

Even with this wheel, the fatso with a Driving Force GT still beat you all.

c16860d1c46443f12c290a730838a09ba57886b0c7a0abecca82e7d4178f06db.jpg

A Driving Force GT is also expensive to some people, who could also probably beat 'fatso' with a keyboard and mouse...is there actually a point to your comment? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Glad to hear Fanatec finally addressed the issues with the wheel, but unfortunately it's a little too late for me as I've moved out from their ecosystem. It was my favourite feeling Fanatec wheel though, flaws and all.

c16860d1c46443f12c290a730838a09ba57886b0c7a0abecca82e7d4178f06db.jpg

A Driving Force GT is also expensive to some people, who could also probably beat 'fatso' with a keyboard and mouse...is there actually a point to your comment? :rolleyes:
Of course there is a point... don't be sooooo serious about lad's posts.

Have a nice day, sir!

Upvote 0

RasmusP

Premium
Is there any adapter to fit this on TM TX base?
No, sadly not. But even if you could get the wheel on the thrustmaster base, all buttons would be dead as fanatec decided to encrypt their signals to restrict their wheel to only fanatec wheelbases...
I know a lot of people using fanatec wheels with a dd wheel and a USB interface.
Sadly not possible anymore with newer fanatec wheels :(

Upvote 0

RasmusP

Premium
Didn't know that. Thank you for the pointers. Unfortunate...
I'm not sure which are still "hackable" and which rims are not... But better do some research if there's a USB Adapter available!
I know there's one for the McLaren V1 rim but afaik the rotarys wouldn't work.
And there was a massive **** storm against Fanatec when they announced that they'd lock future rims to fanatec bases. Iirc it was alonside the release of the DD1 and DD2.

Upvote 0
The screen is OLED.:)

Sorry if I annoy you with this, but in this case: oled schmoled. OLED screens manage LED backlighting per diode. This makes black really black. Which is completely unnecessary for a tiny display on a sim wheel. You gain absolutely nothing, because there's no RGB inplemented. And as far as I can see it's only 1 color (black is no color because OLED would turn the pixel off). So just marketing bull.

Upvote 0

RasmusP

Premium
Sorry if I annoy you with this, but in this case: oled schmoled. OLED screens manage LED backlighting per diode. This makes black really black. Which is completely unnecessary for a tiny display on a sim wheel. You gain absolutely nothing, because there's no RGB inplemented. And as far as I can see it's only 1 color (black is no color because OLED would turn the pixel off). So just marketing bull.
On top of that, the oled of the V1 flickered, when not having it in plain view. Not much of an issue but whenever I turned my head off from the monitor, I could see the flickering in the corner of my eye... Just make it an lcd and keep the marketing blahblah shut :thumbsdown:

Upvote 0

blekenbleu

SimHub+Arduino hacker
Premium
I'm not sure which are still "hackable" and which rims are not...
But better do some research if there's a USB Adapter available!
I just gambled:
  • it will be hackable, eventually, worst case involving a brain transplant..
  • post-preorder price may increase
  • SRM is already working on a V2 update for their Wheel Base side Conversion kit
At any rate, U.S. Fanatec currently tosses in a 3-month iRacing subscription for $1..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RCHeliguy

Premium
I think this is a lot of wheel for that kind of money.

I had the V1 rim and with the SRM shift kit COMPLETE replacement it felt MUCH better. I hated the feel of the aluminum rocker! The individual magnetic CF shift paddles with the SRM kit felt MILES better. It sounds like they made some improvements here, but the whole feel of that chunk of aluminum just felt wrong to me.

Yes the snap on, much too easy to snap back off button covers are a bit of a pain. However if you put a little non-drying caulk behind the buttons they will stay put!

I thought the wheel itself felt pretty decent, but I understand from some that they will start creaking after use on a DD wheel. On my CS 2.5 it felt perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fantastic feeling wheel in the hands , perfect dimensions , i much prefer the rubber grips , i too upgraded to the SRM magnetic shifters and actually prefer the original shifter , the SRM shifters are ok just a bit noisy.
I use the wheel for everything even rallying , it's the only wheel i use.
Glad to see they have brought it back with the shifting issues fixed , very good wheel.

Upvote 0

RCHeliguy

Premium
@mrexcitement71 color me shocked! Prefer the originals? Wow!

I could never in a million years imagine using that wheel for rally. I use a ROUND 330mm Momo blank wheel for that. Night and day for that kind of driving. Not sure how you can rally/drift with no way to let the wheel spin under your hands.

I consider any controls on a rally wheel borderline useless. When the wheel is all over the place there is no way to keep track of button placement. There is certainly no way to use paddle shifters unless you don't mind not having them available at key points.

In the end, it's whatever puts a grin on your face, but I still can't imagine choosing to use a wheel like that for rally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000