RD Summer Fun Contest – The Ugliest Car Ever Made

This piece of crap,quite popular in my country during communism. It runs as bad as it looks.

Trabant:
t04xf5.jpg

Also the Dacia 1300 Break.

2w1w8w3.jpg
Dacia 1300 is a Renault 12 in France.

Porsche Cayenne 1st gen, it looks like they bolted a 911 front end to an SUV, it just doesn't look good. The later generations looked much better
900_3000_fit_572d5a2b9620942294ebc363dc61880d.jpg

BMW X3 1st gen (although the later models aren't much better)
13f8c939f5e397cd568a6e99ac3667ce--bmw-x-catalog.jpg

BMW 5-Series GT
5_gt_ab_gally20090522_49_opt.jpg

BMW 3-Series E36 Compact - ok, this one is not that bad, but the proportions just look wrong. It looks like someone just cut off the last 20 cm of the car for no aparent reason
bmw-outside-house-jpg.270478

BMW 3-Series E46 Compact... *shudders*
BMW_E46_Compact_front_20080123.jpg

P.S. I'm not a BMW hater, just some of their design choices are questionable

so I did a search for "chinese knockoff cars". While the cars weren't that ugly, I couldn't stop laughing at the Rolls Royce Spirit of Ecstasy knock off.

It looks like it's made from tin foil.View attachment 261266

Not quite the same thing but amazingly I've seen a few of these. Japanese copy again. I present the Mitsuoka Viewt. Wouldn't be too bad but the front is Mk2 Jaguar and the rear is modern. A really odd match! The wheels just look so tiny! :laugh:

01w.jpg

Mitsuoka_Viewt_003.JPG

I don't think Trabant is ugly. I really found it cute. And Dacia ...
take a look at this one, Dacia 1310 Sport OMG !!!!!!
129247-GTAIV-2013-10-10-10-07-20-08.jpg

Dacia did the sport version too? Didn't know that, here the reanult 12 sport version was called Alpine, it came with the cylinder head that renault used for the R5 racing variant, hemispheric combustion chamber and a greater compression ratio among other things. Too bad they made few units of it because for its time it was a great cheap sport car! I mean it was at 5seconds from the lap time of the touring cars raced those days in my country!

I don't think Trabant is ugly. I really found it cute. And Dacia ...
take a look at this one, Dacia 1310 Sport OMG !!!!!!
129247-GTAIV-2013-10-10-10-07-20-08.jpg

WOW!!! It might not be a total rip of the 1970 Saab 99 ... but I think it's pretty close.

Brochure-1970-Saab-99.jpg

I owned one of these for a time, and worked on a number of others. As luck would have it, it was exactly as the one in the photo. LOVED THIS CAR. Slant four, the same engine used in the Triumph TR7, except it was installed backwards ... the flywheel and clutch was in the front. A four speed rather than a 5 ... I think. I drove it home from work in a blizzard once. The only other vehicles I saw moving were the snow plows, the Saab just motored along.

NO POINTS COUNT FOR THIS POST!!!!

Ford built the Edsel between 1958 to 1960. They had put a LOT of money into this project ... they even had convertible and station wagon versions, but it was as total flop.

orig.jpg

I did not know that the Renault / Dacia cooperation went back to the 1960s.
Yes, and back in those days, the first line of cars came with Renault engine. The lucky owners use this engine for 15-20 years without any issues. Our family first car was a Dacia 1100 and my father still has beautiful memories. One of things was, on our dusty roads never gets any dust inside the car, compared with latter car Dacia 1310 in which after 30 min you could write your name in dust on dashboard :)
We also had a cooperation with Citroen (francophone country :p) we made at Craiova Oltcit (Olt the river passes through Craiova and Cit from ...:ninja:)
gethumb.details.php

upload_2018-7-24_11-32-59.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back