RD Summer Fun Contest – The Ugliest Car Ever Made, 'Grand Finale’

RD Tournament.png

Which one among these three is going to prevail in the last round of the contest?

All good things come to an end, as Nelly Furtado used to sing. For the Grand Finale of our “RD Summer Fun Contest”, we decided to have a small twist running in order to provide a more exciting end to this event. The Finale is going to see not two but three fiery contenders in the Arena, clashing against one another to see which car stands victorious and earns the right to become the "RD Community Voted - Ugliest Car Ever Made". So, let's jump right into the pits!

Fiat Multipla
The obvious result of a “designers’ night”, in which they had one too many drinks, the Multipla is literally sweeping away the competition. Taking alone 50% of the votes during the previous poll, it seems like it is marching towards a secure and triumphant victory. Will it stand ground and have what it takes to stop its rivals turning tables in this exciting Finale?

Fiat Multipla.jpg

SsangYong Rodius
The ‘Odious Rodious’, with its weird lines and questionable style, is first to challenge for victory the Italian stallion… well more like snail in this very case… Anyway, the family van is surely going to “put the wheel down” to prove it deserves victory in this dramatic Finale!

SsangYong Rodius.jpg

Nissan S-Cargo
An atrocious monstrosity, the 'Hunchback of RaceDepartment', this car, if one can define a car something like this, is the ultimate weapon against the Multipla's supremacy. Will it have the upper hand on its opponents, and become the official RD mascot in this tricky Finale?

Nissan s-cargo.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Vote now, and let us know which one you think should win in the comments below!

Last edited:
Among the two others shames of the all time vehicle design, the SsangYong Rodius is pretty cute.

I can't pick one, IMHO, the Fiat and the Nissan share the 1st place. The truly ugliest car ever would have been an hybrid (not by its engine :p) between the Nissan front part, the Fiat middle part and the Renault Avantime back part (with increased height to fit the cargo style).

A little fiction: in a near future and the dusk of the ICE powered cars, Fiat get dropped by its owners and Renault-Nissan grab it, some young unknown designer found dusty sketches and pictures of the Multipla and have the brilliant idea to create the Mutipla-Avantime-S-Cargo, the new car of a new era, bring to the masses with the exclusive Kardashian-pack with a poor autopilot, Takata amazing airbags, facebook and other social crap integration, auto selfie feature, reality show screens included with projection on the front windshield and many more, at a price of a Ferrari of course, because this car would be sell like some apple brand phone.

The Nissan, yes, it’s fugly. But it’s a Japan only. And a commercial mini-van. Not for consumers. And when you know it’s build from 1989 ‘till 1992. It isn’t actually that bad. Could be an modern EV proto van nowadays. But yeah, still fugly.

And though the Rodius is as pretty as the faces of the displayed “girls” in Aphex Twin’s Windowlicker videoclip... Nothing beats the Multipla in the fugly department. Other ugly cars still have some charm left in them. But the Multipla is just plain lacking any...

The Nissan, yes, it’s fugly. But it’s a Japan only. And a commercial mini-van. Not for consumers. And when you know it’s build from 1989 ‘till 1992. It isn’t actually that bad. Could be an modern EV proto van nowadays. But yeah, still fugly.

And though the Rodius is as pretty as the faces of the displayed “girls” in Aphex Twin’s Windowlicker videoclip... Nothing beats the Multipla in the fugly department. Other ugly cars still have some charm left in them. But the Multipla is just plain lacking any...

That Nissan was built from '89-'92??? I really thought it is some kind of actual concept car. I even didn't research any further, because i was shure it could be a modern "thing" only. Knowing this, winner is the multipla of course..

The pic of the Rodius above is probably one of the most flattering of it! Post some other shot to make it a fairer contest ;)

It's horrid, but I nevertheless still voted for the Fiat.

Last edited:
Well, I think that Nissan is quite cute, little unusual, sure, but definitely not ugly. I miss the hideous Pontiac Aztek in the "grand finale". Anyway, Multipla should win - it's a pure abomination.

Yeah, what's with all the hate for the S-Cargo. It looks adorable and if anything the designers were having a good old time with how to make the thing look as snaily as possible. And the S-Cargo name being such a fantastic pun should be enough give it a free pass from all this abuse IMO. You don't see mainstream car brands have silly fun with their vehicles like this very often. :D

The Multipla looks like a result of Chernobyl radiations exposure.

Don't you know the radioactive cloud have been stop on the border (in France at least, maybe those idiot bureaucrates put giant fans in the sky to push it away toward Italy, oohh that's why Airbus made the A-380 :p but just too late)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%