RD Retrovolutions

attachment.php

For school i need to make a little program in java, i decided to write a little game. It will be something very stupid :) But as you know... You need to start somewhere.

My idea of a game that i as noob can program will be just a not online game. You will be able do drive against yourself in a lap-time challenge.

The game will have kick-ass 2Dgrafics :smurf: For all the cheaters i will include a system that puts you back on the track if you when to long offline.

I need to have it ready for may, but maybe if the programming advances fastly it might have more features. I'm thinking of a very advanced yellow flag system that will show a yellow flag somewhere at the screen. i'm even thinking of some dust-showing when you take this kick-ass vehicle offtrack.

Attachments

• rdr.jpg
    rdr.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 635
Good luck, I've been learning basic Java OOP this year, on to perhaps some more advanced stuff next year. Although I'll probably be moving to more web specific languages next year like asp/php/cf..

looks like you've got the idea it just needs implementing

I also have a bit of the implementation, but that's on a scare frame track. Only need to adjust some calculations to the middle of the car. And find out about the time function.

Maybe a very wild idea, but in future login to the game, drive some fast laps, and then submit to a laptime list... here at RD. But then i have to find out about the net class.

Wooow Yves that looks good IMO... There are games online that haven't have that nice graphics !!

Great Work !!!

Some propaganda for RD is always welcome :)

Nice.. how many players can play this at once?:)

Let's start with one at a time :)

Looks great Yves! But of course the BIG question, the question everybody is dying to ask, is:

Will it have working windscreen wipers!?!?!?!

i hope it will... But as i look outside, it's sunny so who needs them

yeh big question will we be able to mod it so we can add new car models and other stuff? :)

Sure you can add other cars :d

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 83 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 58 6.5%
  • < 5 years