RD Rankings (General Discussion)

Günthar Rowe

True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
My 10 cents (we don't have smaller coins in New Zealand) worth.

I understand the -10 points for a DNF in general. But, like my last race, I was DNF'd on L1 by another driver and the other driver continued and scored points while I lost 10. It's hard enough to firstly be taken out, secondly to not score any points, but to actually loose points is killer when not at fault. The last two races I came 13th of 19 and DNF in the second race. Nett points result for the 2 race event was -10 (I assume I got 0 points for my 13th which is a little sad too). Makes me wonder why I follow the points/rankings.

To date I now have 10 DNF's and therefore lost 100 points. Of these I know I was at fault for 5 and that the other 5 where due to being taken out of the race, once on purpose:frown: and the rest by pure accident or by poor driving on others behalf.

RBR doesn't really have DNFs, so you don't have to worry.

If one was to count DNFs per stage, then stage wins should be counted too, and that's kinda pointless (up to 7 DNFs, and up to 8 stage wins per rally). The only thing that matters are the overall rally results, and those don't have DNFs.

Dave,

Could you, or have you already got planned, come up with something in the ranking section that we can use in signatures, and not only for this site?

That way if its on another site, they will see that RD has a ranking system and think 'Oh, that looks good' and head over :)

What say thee?

Yes I have something planned. I did a test of making signature images available which worked pretty. I've also considered that I may serve XML for teams that request access etc. The new version I'm working on includes support for drivers to belong to a team so for example you would be able to filter drivers by team.

At first I expect that these would offer up high level info like rank/points, number of races, dnfs, podiums. That would be enough to give it a good test check the loadings etc.

Ranking Resets

A number of members have asked the question about whether the rankings will be reset for 2011.

The overall rankings will not be reset. They serve as the history for drivers and the early race adjustments people receive along with the rank points have shown that even people with relatively few races.

There will however be yearly snapshots, the first of which the 2010 one which will be taken after tonight's update will appear in your profile and as a complete drivers/nations table over the weekend.

During January there will be a 2011 running total added, with the drivers/nations table and each individual driver profile.

The new style driver profile and drivers table are now live for testing.

All Pages

Slow loading of pages with many races
Pages are now cached on the first load of the page. All subsequent views until the next update will use the cached copy and should load almost instantly.

Profile Page

Some infractions older than 6 months were not being removed from the profiles
All infractions more than six months old will not be displayed in profiles. Please let me know if you spot any.

When a suspension is served the infractions from that suspension where not removed from the profile
Suspensions which are input into the database will now stop the infractions that led to that suspension from showing in the profile. I will input the suspensions today to bring them up to date.

Graphs
New graphing library used. Added Pie Chart. Extended Line graph to include full history of results and not just the last 10 weeks.

[TODO - breakdown drivers results by month to further reduce the size of the list.]
[TODO - Include 2010 final position.]
[TODO - create graphs and results break down for the past 3 months.]

Overall Drivers Table Page

This is still the old table for now.

[TODO - Sorting.]
[TODO - Jump to Driver.]

available to view here http://www.racedepartment.com/standings/newstyle/driverstable.php

Included a link in the main site menu to the new style rankings pages.

new style pages added:
  • 2010 final standings for nations and drivers.
  • all time nations standings page
  • all time single nation standings pages

Hi Dave, any news about ability to include RD Richard Burns rallys (championship and club) in the rankings, or has a way already been found? If so, I'd be the last to notice and the first to say thx :)

It is being worked on, although it's a bit stop, start at the momentand hasn't really been given the time I would have liked, due to my college workload. Expect to see it come together with nkp and iracing in the not too far off future.

All the results stretching back through 2010 have been logged by Warren so should be included once implemented.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%