RD Rally Club - Utterly Unstable - Gr.B RWD in Scotland - 3rd of November to 6th of November 2020

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Germany_037_2_A.jpg

The Scottish stages are tricky, they are a handful, and they may throw up a bump or two! Couple this with the somewhat less practical cars from the Gr.B RWD Class, and you have a recipe for some proper madness!
To participate in the event, you have to be a member of RaceDepartment, and be a part of the Racedepartment club on RaceNet. Click Here to Join. This club is cross-platform, so you can join from Steam, PS4 and xBox. Sadly Oculus Store users cannot join.

Cars: Gr.B RWD
Itinerary

LMskNsL.png

Session Open: 3rd of November 00:00 UTC to 6th of November 23:59 UTC.

Assists: Allowed
Forced Cockpit: No!
Hardcore Damage: YES!
Unexpected Moments: Yes!
DLC's Needed: Gr.B RWD (owning any DLC gives you Scotland)

Sorry for this being a day late, but the Saturday with a sprintrally in Norway took extremely long time (not much sprint), and with some work on Sunday, I was basically finished when I came home, and fell asleep in my gaming chair!
So, yes. Moved one day this week! :)

Just set my times - very happy to see a gr.B rwd event

Going nice and slow without any accidents until on the last stage I was hit by this stupid rare bug that still happens 1.16, which me and other users have reported it on previous versions without CM doing anything about it. So I'll explain it here for anyone that was unfortunate have before without knowing what to do.

Having manual wipers (auto wipers assist disabled) can cause them to perma-stop in the middle of a rain stage without reason or car damage, leaving you blind with water on the windshield until manually turned on again. Then they'll keep going completely off randomly every >15s seconds or so after you repeatedly turn them back on.

It's not the intermittent electric fail on a damaged car where they miss a swipe occasionally, just them going completely off without any user input to do so (and no faulty assigned button input).

The only way to stop this hellish situation is to pause the game right when you see them unexpectedly stop and you go blind, and then enable the auto wipers assist. From then they'll keep working fine until the end of the stage. With some luck, it won't ruin your stage, but your concentration will surelly suffer. You'll lose a "no assists" result on the timetable too.

(Reported once more on their forum *sigh*)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years