RD Rally Championship - Start Date?

LuMue

100RPM
Original poster
Premium
Jul 7, 2016
Hi guys,

was just aksing myselfif the new RDRC season starts directly when clubs/eaguea are available in DR2.0 ??
Would give the whole thing a more realistic touch as people had limited time to "learn" the handmade stages by heart and it's not like a hotlap competition anymore...

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
The idea was to get to know the game, and get RDRC up and running ASAP.
Mainly due to learning what cars fit together in different classes. I don't think it is likely to see all cars being used like last season.

Reactions: LuMue

pigloaf

100RPM
Nov 12, 2015
Hi guys,

was just aksing myselfif the new RDRC season starts directly when clubs/eaguea are available in DR2.0 ??
Would give the whole thing a more realistic touch as people had limited time to "learn" the handmade stages by heart and it's not like a hotlap competition anymore...
Already studying Whaanga Coast & El Condor onboard footage... :roflmao:

Reactions: bogani

Xsara

10RPM
Nov 5, 2015
I just wanted to pitch in here and say the livery modding for 2.0 will be the same as DiRT4, but with no anti-cheat system blocking your saves.

pigloaf

100RPM
Nov 12, 2015
Yup :thumbsup: The way the files are modded is the same as Dirt 4 - but we'll be able to race without issues online - like Dirt Rally (and eventually Dirt 4 once we were told how)

LuMue

100RPM
Original poster
Premium
Jul 7, 2016
It worked in D4 as in DR without issues.
Maybe someone didn‘t get the final hint that allowed to edit the liveries without being banned from the leaderboards or online leagues...
I drove several leagues with self-created skins on the cars.
So, it works as in D4 to be correct...

pigloaf

100RPM
Nov 12, 2015
Community manager just confirmed it might not make launch but will be shortly after - the region of weeks not months. So hopefully we should be ok this time... heres hoping.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
Community manager just confirmed it might not make launch but will be shortly after - the region of weeks not months. So hopefully we should be ok this time... heres hoping.
While nice. "Weeks not months" was a thing you often read with D4. That became "months or never".
I hope I am surprised. Both with regard to time and features.

Reactions: pigloaf

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
I just want to throw out an additional update here! :)

The post above still stands. However, we would also need to find the ideal cutoff in the Season 1 DLC thingy to decide if we want to include any car(s)/rally/rallies from that Season Pass in to RDRC. There are things to consider, both dripfeed-wise, and userbase.

Regardless, we would need the leagues/clubs feature to be in place and working first :)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
:inlove::inlove::inlove: I can't wait
Neither can I.

Curious to see of Codemasters have made any improvements to the league/club section. Now that there is different levels of ruts and gravel on the stages, I hope we have a chance to implement different levels of that in the events as well. So while the conditions will be equal for all drivers, the re-runs of the stages will be on a worn stage compared to the first run.

I am allowed to hope and dream, right?