RD Rally Championship Season 9 - RaceNet Name Change Thread

Honestly I'm not sure what I'll show up as now. I was showing up with my Racenet name in game but my Steam name now on the website. Doubt it'll make any difference for Monte because I was a DNF but thought I should add both here just in case

Racenet: Luke222
Steam: LukeT2222
Driver Number: 228

I just wanted to make sure I'm showing up correctly since signup asked for racenet name but the results show my steam name.

Racenet: chamyoko
Steam: TUS Cham
Driver number: 57

Thanks!

I HAVE BEEN AFFLICTED BY THE CURSE

Old RaceNet name: Sparky245
New RaceNet name: beige.jobby

It showed up in the results as beige.jobby and for a while I thought I was disqualified or something. Apologies for the confusion!

Have a great day now y'all!

Current Platform Name: Silent0ne79
Old RaceNet name: Silent0ne79
New RaceNet name: CR0ne7
Driver Number: 132

I try it here again:

Current Platform Name: Gregor Eberhardt or do you mean the name here in the forum ? that´s hundiie ??
Old RaceNet name: Gregor Eberhardt
New RaceNet name: Gregor Eberhardt
Driver Number: 69

Just to make clear: I changed nothing. Gregor Eberhardt is my Racenet, Steam, Signup whatever name also my real one... Just here in the forum it´s hundiie... I just want to avoid any penalty, because I got this "unknown Racenet name thing"

Hej Ole!
My racenet name Jost69 was shown with my platform name Jurycloth534454 in the poland results instead!?
Johannes Stötzel

Hej Ole!
My racenet name Jost69 was shown with my platform name Jurycloth534454 in the poland results instead!?
Johannes Stötzel

Have you changed it, or have Codemasters/RaceNet just decided to use another name for you this time?

Not that it matters much, I'll update it. I just want to know if I'll add this on my "ugh, Code"masters"" list :p

No, i didn't changed it... it was Codemasters/Racenet? I've seen the same in other clubs on racenet over several days. Maybe best to choose the same name for platform and racenet.

Watched the results and there is still DNF but i finished Poland.
/Johannes

Ok, so I see the issue adter quite a bit of looking. I have no idea how it has happened, no idea why, but in the back-end (not on the RaceNet results site), Codemasters seems to have given you both names. Some stages with JoSt69 and some with JuryCloth*numbers*(JC from now on in this post). So, because of that the results-parser are unable handle it.

SS1 the JoSt69 name get's it's time. However, on SS2, RaceNet gives us JC. Because JC don't have a time from SS1, JC are given "DNF". The result parser does not extract the stage-times after a non-finished stage, so because JC never finished SS1, it's a DNF.
The issue then, is that JoSt69 never finished SS2, so no matter what name is in the back-end for the future stages, both JoSt69 and JC are forever given DNF.

Now I guess you wonder if this means that you are well and truly screwed or not. Not really, but you will be "DNF"'d in the results that will be in the next magazine, but the results online will be updated. However, it will take time, and probably some errors before I get it right.
This is how the parser shows your SS1:

Code:
Pos, Name, Vehicle, Time, Diff 1st, Diff Prev
36,JoSt69,Lancia Delta HF Integrale,03:43.491,00:44.649,00:02.450

Which means for SS2-12 I need to manually enter the times, and differences, but also, edit the "Diff Prev" to the guy behind you on that stage. And also, just to minimize risks of issues, I need to change the "Pos" number for everyone behind you for that stage.

Because you didn't score points in the rally, I have to admit my top priority is getting my stuff for the new magazine done. Especially as I don't know how long time it will take to edit it all, and not make any mistakes. A single "," or "." or ":" wrong will screw up it all.
When I'm finished with my share of the magazine, I will update it :)

I hope this is an acceptable solution. I understand that it's not ideal, but it is what I see as the most practical right now.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%