RD Rally Championship Season 9 - Announcement & Info

From my past experience in Dirt Rally 2.0 Championships, I have seen that there is no incentive to change wheel materials, just soft all the way; even in highly abrasive stages like Argentina.

If service areas are sparse and far between the pilots must take in to account not only the car conservation but also wheel strategy:
  • soft and be fast in the first 50km and slide till the next service area
  • or hard wheels and keep the car in the road for more time.
I know that the longer a service area arrive the more dangerous the rally for beginers (and everyone), but also the more strategy that come in to play.

The rallies will be different when it comes to the amount of services and length of stages :) The amount of stages will be 12 for each rally (as that is maximum for a single rally). However, some rallies will have more services than others, we will play around with "remote service", "overnight service" etc. Hopefully we'll be able to make the rallies feel different enough from each other with the help of this.

Last season it ranged from service after 2 short Monte stages, to service every 3rd stage in Greece, to 2 services in 20 stages in Wales. Sadly due to DR2.0 limitations we cannot emulate the real life in that way this time, but we'll give it our best shot. Trust me :)

..., even though I was dead slow in my old Alpine.:inlove:
:redface::redface::redface:
Did I actually write Alpine?? I meant Abarth!! I drove the italian brick last time around.
i WAS correct about the slow part though:D

You can still drive some good old RWD-cars this season, it would be awesome to see you slide around the stages (and I guess, also off the stages) again :)
I want to pick something old again indeed and preferably RWD, but as I don't use assists unless the real cars have 'em and I do want to actually finish most if not all of the rallies, I find the RDRC-3 class slightly intimidating:unsure:
Will see.... the RDRC-2 cars are pretty old too..:whistling:

:redface::redface::redface:
Did I actually write Alpine?? I meant Abarth!! I drove the italian brick last time around.
i WAS correct about the slow part though:D

Alpine, Abarth... It's the performance-name for a hatchback company these days anyway. Potato, Potayto you know!

I want to pick something old again indeed and preferably RWD, but as I don't use assists unless the real cars have 'em and I do want to actually finish most if not all of the rallies, I find the RDRC-3 class slightly intimidating:unsure:
Will see.... the RDRC-2 cars are pretty old too..:whistling:

Didn't think you were easily scared? :whistling:

Hiya, Not a premium member here, just someone who's been "lurking" around here reading about simracing news for the last couple of years'. Don't think i have ever posted anything. If you don't mind I have a few questions that i dont think are answered in the rules document.

1) I dont have Dirt Rally 2.0 yet, i still have version 1 only. So i'd need to buy that. nps. But i think to see that most of the tracks are from DLC? Would Ii need to get all the DLC in able to participate? Or if not, would you recommend to buy the season 3+4 combination or something?

2) i have a friend who does play Dirt Rally 2.0 already. Would we be able to sign up as a team together, or will a team be assigned to us from all the participants in our division?

Thanks in advance.

Hiiiyaaaahh!!

Not a premium member here, just someone who's been "lurking" around here reading about simracing news for the last couple of years'. Don't think i have ever posted anything. If you don't mind I have a few questions that i dont think are answered in the rules document.

1) I dont have Dirt Rally 2.0 yet, i still have version 1 only. So i'd need to buy that. nps. But i think to see that most of the tracks are from DLC? Would Ii need to get all the DLC in able to participate? Or if not, would you recommend to buy the season 3+4 combination or something?

2) i have a friend who does play Dirt Rally 2.0 already. Would we be able to sign up as a team together, or will a team be assigned to us from all the participants in our division?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome out of the shadows! :)

1. I would advice you to buy "Game of The Year Edition" as that contains it all. Or buy Monte Carlo, Sweden and the Colin McRae Flat out pack separate (that will be some cents cheaper). We actually do not use any content from season 3+4. Monte Carlo and Sweden are from season 1, Scotland is from the McRae-pack (or free to all owners of Deluxe, Super Deluxe, Deluxe 2.0 Content Upgrade, Deluxe Content 2.0 Bundle or Year One Pass. Confused? So am I...)

2. You choose your own team. Just remember, if there's only 1 car in the team on the entry list, the team will not score. You cannot be more than two. However, you decide any teams yourself. The only thing the RDRC-Crew decides on are your start-number :) Oh, and you must drive in the same class :)

More questions? Just bring'em on! :)

Thank you for your swift answer.
Yes, i had already read on the "only 2 cars and in the class" rule from your amazing pdf! No further questions your Honor.
I'll speak to my friend on Monday so expect the signups then. And if he doesn't want i can always go privateer ;)

Yes, i had already read on the "only 2 cars and in the class" rule from your amazing pdf! No further questions your Honor.
I'll speak to my friend on Monday so expect the signups then. And if he doesn't want i can always go privateer ;)

No worries!
How could he not want to be a part of this? :whistling: Haha, just kidding. You do that, and I'll keep an eye on the sign-up thread :)

Oh. Didn't think of it. The Round 0 - Rally Testland (test rally), is a DLC-rally from season 3+4. However, you do not need to participate in this event :)

Should the class be decided by your skill level or by how much you like the class? I'm not sure whether I should participate in RDRC-2 or J-RDRC

Should the class be decided by your skill level or by how much you like the class? I'm not sure whether I should participate in RDRC-2 or J-RDRC

What you like.

In one way we'd like to go back to the grading-system we had in the Richard Burns Rally days, where drivers were locked to 2 classes based on their grade (grade based on known speed/grading events/last seasons results). But that needs to be done within the same game - and honestly, it's a lot easier to do when we "only" had 60-70 drivers over a season, not 460 as we had last time.

Sooo, ye. Choose based on what you like :)

It can never be enough proofreading. I am writing every single piece atm. Jack looks over it all when he puts it in, we use others in the crew to read over it, and maybe even a mum now and then :)
But one thing is for sure. When all is written by a non-native English speaker, there will be mistakes :) Always trying to minimize them though :)

Oi. Don't use your Norwegianess as an excuse for giving poor old @peg306 two different surnames in the (otherwise brilliant)magazine!:D

Oi. Don't use your Norwegianess as an excuse for giving poor old @peg306 two different surnames in the (otherwise brilliant)magazine!:D

Lindberg/Lindgren I guess? :x3:

EDIT: To explain. For many many seasons we had a Swedish driver named Magnus Lindgren participating, very often we had about the same pace (then he got faster). However after competing with him for many years I sometimes default to "Lindgren" when writing about Tommie (even though I competed with Tommie in the Swedish RBR-Serien prior to joining RDRC!). Trust me, I've fixed a lot of "Lindgren" over to "Lindberg" in the articles. Seeing how Lindgren isn't driving this season, I should just add a default "Replace Lindgren with Lindberg" in Word and run on all articles! :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing