RD Rally Championship Season 9 - Announcement & Info

Will it have most hardcore damage? I am wondering because it doesn't have it in daily events.

Edit:Ok, sorry, I read the rules and it says that hardcore damage is used.

Last edited:
I'm relatively new to RD and didn't know such a thing existed. And then I opened the magazine. WOW! That is thoroughly impressive.

I will see about partaking in this. I love the idea of Dirt Rally and have played it some, but I really am very terrible at it.

Will it be okay to use a version of DiRTy Pacenotes? I know there is a version in Swedish that is quite popular. I does not change anything in the game (it just runs in the background similar to Crew Chief), but id does give better pacenotes with more detail. Since it doesn't change any game-files there's no problem running it online, I've done it for quite a long time now. Couldn't find anything about it in the rules.

Last edited:
I'm relatively new to RD and didn't know such a thing existed. And then I opened the magazine. WOW! That is thoroughly impressive.

I will see about partaking in this. I love the idea of Dirt Rally and have played it some, but I really am very terrible at it.

Thanks! We try our best!

Doesn't matter if you are fast or not, just like real life rallying RDRC have always consisted of the top-drivers that are insanely fast, and you only can beat on a good day, when the wind is blowing in the right direction. But also, and for me, more importantly, it has always had a sizeable portion of the entries consisting of the more gentleman-type drivers, that do it because rallying is fun. I would expect everyone to find someone to get locked in to a battle with. At least that's how it's been for 8 seasons so far :) Last season we even had a group of drivers driving the old MINI Cooper S. They had no chance to even fight for points in the lowest class, but they had their own internal MINI-Battle (pun very much intended). I can almost guarantee you, that whatever level you feel you are on, you will find someone to have a battle with :)

Will it be okay to use a version of DiRTy Pacenotes? I know there is a version in Swedish that is quite popular. I does not change anything in the game (it just runs in the background similar to Crew Chief), but id does give better pacenotes with more detail. Since it doesn't change any game-files there's no problem running it online, I've done it for quite a long time now. Couldn't find anything about it in the rules.

Yup. The vast majority of security/checks we have/can do, is automated by RaceNet. DiRTy Pacenotes is fine :)

Thanks! We try our best!

Doesn't matter if you are fast or not, just like real life rallying RDRC have always consisted of the top-drivers that are insanely fast, and you only can beat on a good day, when the wind is blowing in the right direction. But also, and for me, more importantly, it has always had a sizeable portion of the entries consisting of the more gentleman-type drivers, that do it because rallying is fun. I would expect everyone to find someone to get locked in to a battle with. At least that's how it's been for 8 seasons so far :) Last season we even had a group of drivers driving the old MINI Cooper S. They had no chance to even fight for points in the lowest class, but they had their own internal MINI-Battle (pun very much intended). I can almost guarantee you, that whatever level you feel you are on, you will find someone to have a battle with :)
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm pretty intimidated by everyone with lots of As in their names, but really the goal is for me to have a good reason to play more of this title, so it's all good.

Frankly, most of my time in DR2 has been in the old MINI Cooper S just because I can handle just about that much horsepower. But I will play around with some others.

Great magazine and nice to have a championship back at RD.
Have signed-up for my cousin and me, we just have to find a decision about which class we will start in.

Nice to see you back here! :) Hopefully we'll be able to make it as good as the last one! :)

Very nice news that you guys are back, awesome work with the magazine! Will definately join in, me and bogani just needs to decide on a car

Oooh! 2WD+ Champion and also the Team Champions from Season 8 will return. No pressure there guys! :D

Wow! This is awesome news! :thumbsup:
And, as many have said already, this magazine once again looks absolutely gorgeous!! Great job!

I remember how much fun I had in S8, even though I was dead slow in my old Alpine.:inlove: Edit: ABARTH!! my mind was :sleep: already..
This is the best excuse ever to put some time into this game, which I bought years ago but never got around to actually playing..:O_o:

Last edited:
Wow! This is awesome news! :thumbsup:
And, as many have said already, this magazine once again looks absolutely gorgeous!! Great job!

Thanks! :) Hopefully we'll keep the quality up on everything for the rest of the season as well :)

I remember how much fun I had in S8, even though I was dead slow in my old Alpine.:inlove:
This is the best excuse ever to put some time into this game, which I bought years ago but never got around to actually playing..:O_o:

Hehe, the fact that we had all cars included last season meant that people could drive their favorite car, but it also meant that there were some cars that had no chance to compete for wins. You had one of those cars (not as bad as the MINI though).
You can still drive some good old RWD-cars this season, it would be awesome to see you slide around the stages (and I guess, also off the stages) again :)

Last edited:
From my past experience in Dirt Rally 2.0 Championships, I have seen that there is no incentive to change wheel materials, just soft all the way; even in highly abrasive stages like Argentina.

If service areas are sparse and far between the pilots must take in to account not only the car conservation but also wheel strategy:
  • soft and be fast in the first 50km and slide till the next service area
  • or hard wheels and keep the car in the road for more time.
I know that the longer a service area arrive the more dangerous the rally for beginers (and everyone), but also the more strategy that come in to play.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%