RD Rally Championship Season 8 - Rally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to laugh :roflmao:
HarrisDRally.PNG

If skinners want to help me doing the windows for the Ibiza, I'd DEEPLY APPRECIATE

What are you trying to do with the windows? I'm no expert but they were the easiest part to do for my BMW so I can maybe help you out. I'd take the help of someone better if you get another offer though! ;)

What are you trying to do with the windows? I'm no expert but they were the easiest part to do for my BMW so I can maybe help you out. I'd take the help of someone better if you get another offer though! ;)
My last attempt made the driver and co pilot name + car number on the side windows look inverted (could've been my mistake though), but my biggest challenge is get the front window sticker aligned with the front window top glass.

If there's one thing I've learnt about DiRT Rally skinning since I started yesterday morning, it's that it's finicky as all hell, and that random issues seem to crop up out of nowhere for apparently no reason! For example, my almost-complete car skin was working perfectly before bed last night. This morning I added a couple of finishing touches, and suddenly I can't get it to show up in the game! First a massive wheel hub texture was being applied instead, and now I just get a plain black car. No idea why. Ho-hum.

About the window alignments, you could try cheating! Download a skin someone else has made and see how they've placed the banners and stickers. I used the Camel BMW skin to do exactly that. ;) Not sure about the inverted name problem though.

And at last, my livery is complete! Nothing too complicated, but I'm happy with it. I don't know why I bothered really... it's only going to get ruined as I roll off the road at turn 1... :p

8U1Pys_gKVOA4xjW26NCjRCemE2RUXPPAEFj9Bsm7QYZekVs594A0vh89SQSfvWJVdKvySfaPa4bbJQ=w1920-h960-rw

m7ciX99-RF1fZguErvJhR3oq8wfIovYK2NxeeKOQuPsGYZQXVBtFsXM_k3q1I7mLXi1DQ8x_YUgSHhU=w1920-h960-rw

Last edited:
Hadn't run into that, I do know that if you muff a shift, which is real easy to do with default settings the box defaults to neutral (generally at the most inopportune time). Maybe you should have a mechanic look at your gearbox.:O_o:

I have a G27 and started using the left gearshift paddle for hand brake, seems to work well for me.
Yeah, i started off with that and all sorts of button options. However when i finally tried the rubber band mod on the shifter for the handbrake, well yeah, everything just 'clicked' into place.

For anyone interested I have thrown together 12 Monte Carlo stages in a unofficial, unaffiliated and unofficiated nightmare of a practice rally. Mixed weather Monte Carlo stages for all RDRC cars. Cars are tunable with Service every 4 stages (be nice to your car) and checkpoints every 2. No resets. No official scoring other then league scoring. Enjoy! https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/70006/rdrc-mc-test
Disclaimer: Any problems, complaints, mistakes, or belly aching, etc caused by this league are entirely mine, and mine alone and in no way is Race Department, or RDRC responsible!

Last edited:
For anyone interested I have thrown together 12 Monte Carlo stages in a unofficial, unaffiliated and unofficiated nightmare of a practice rally. Mixed weather Monte Carlo stages for all RDRC cars. Cars are tunable with Service every 4 stages (be nice to your car) and checkpoints every 2. No resets. No official scoring other then league scoring. Enjoy! https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/70006/rdrc-mc-test
Disclaimer: Any problems, complaints, mistakes, or belly aching, etc caused by this league are entirely mine, and mine alone and in no way is Race Department, or RDRC responsible!
Tried it out! Crashed at the end of the first stage. Would rate 10/10! (Seriously tho seems like I need practice :p)

i use the g27 as well and use paddles to shift (even in the renault alpine, shame on me) and the shifter pushed from neutral into 3rd gear for handbraking. works way better than a button for me, even without the rubber thingy.
On another note: at one point or another Dirt has renumbered my buttons (except for paddles and the top two buttons on the wheel, i.e. #05 - #08). My #017 button, which you need a lot e.g. to install presaved sets, is now 6th gear on my h-shifter, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back