RD Rally Championship Season 8 - Rally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
540 is the current "regs" i think, but they don't use full lock much, that's where the handbrake comes in :)

Either way, 540 feels good, but i up my linearity a little to compensate to any twitchyness around the center point.

IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_0039.JPG
Got in first and completed Wales. 2 soft rolls. Hit a gate and a big spin down the middle of the road missing everything. Pushed in the last stage with a very 2nd hand looking ERTNZ WRX. Overall a good result. Had a ball competing in this championship. Well done everyone!

9.jpg
10.jpg
Wales was an awesome tough event. I was handling the lack of services all the way until the second night stage where i hit a bump and got tossed to the other side of the track which promptly rolled me. The EWRTNZ Evo's radiator didnt like this too much, and later developed into an engine and radiator problem by SS20. Paranoid about blowing the engine i did a fair bit of quick shifting to avoid revs and made it to the finish.

Thanks for a well run event RDRC guys, your efforts are appreciated. I think i would have enjoyed 1 more season of Dirt Rally.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
1.jpg

A little roundup of my season...

Monte Carlo - A good start in the mountains, before executing the world's slowest terminal-damage accident on day 2. That was annoying :cautious:
20170510160516_1.jpg

Sweden - I may have competely forgotten to partake in this one... :redface::redface::redface:
But I hate Sweden anyway as I can never complete a stage without spinning on the snowbanks!

Greece
- This was a really fun event. I was never in it to win it seeing as I was getting into some sort of trouble seemingly at every possible opportunity, but I enjoyed it and was glad to notch up a finish :D
20170306190545_1.jpg

Finland - A disaster :thumbsdown: No preperation and it showed by me hitting several trees, usually with the front end of the car. Engine gave up when I hit another tree in the night ...of the first day.
20170510161852_1.jpg

Germany - Easily my best rally of the season. Good pace (by my standards) and more importantly I didn't crash at all! :p Another enjoyable round :thumbsup:
20170419233225_1.jpg

Wales - This was an adventure! I opted for the 'maximum attack' approach and I really enjoyed it ...for the 90% of the time that the car was actually on the road for! :roflmao: As the rally went on it became apparent that the only time I've heard the engine sound worse in all of my time playing DiRT Rally was in Finland... :O_o: I begged the car to go on and it nearly made it. Nearly. Having to retire with engine failure on the penultimate stage was heartbreaking :cry:
20170429125513_1.jpg

In hindsight, I do wonder why I bothered with the fancy livery - within a few miles the car got covered in mud and bent very out of shape! :whistling:

Overall, I've really enjoyed this season and I really do hope that the next season will be as nice! Maybe I'll pick a slower car next time... :p Thank you to the admin team behind this championship! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Finally, I reckon I'll tell you all this - my racing wheel went bust last summer and I still haven't got myself a replacement. That's right - I've been playing DiRT Rally on a keyboard this entire time!! :confused:

second day done, somehow my heart wasn't in it as my closest competitor in my class had awfull runs on the two long stages and then dropped out a bit later. I also never got close to the rhythm i need to feel comfortable, had offs, rolls or spins on almost every stage, shouldn't have played tonight, too much else on my plate. Going to wrap this up tomorrow, will be able to repair car back to between 75% and 85% in the major categories before the last day. At least i managed to do one nice shot, approaching the lit area in the rain:

FBD2E1244FEC0894BF8C0C853BD2EFD5F4960D39

and I always take the bit of ribbon closest to the track with me when approaching that turn from the other side (I actually come close to hitting that car parked there every second time because i keep being optimistic about my braking performance, lol. have never managed to actually hit it, though.)

In the upper right of the screenshot, that intersection. There is an island in the middle. Brake marker is around where that island starts from the other side. Longer braking distance because it's downhill. I always did the same as you. Overshooting it, until i learned to start to brake when you come upon that intersection island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back