RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What classes are simulated properly in this game then? FWD? Though it would be interesting to run an R2 league now that I think about it. It would be like the Dmack fiesta trophy

Interesting analysis, worthy of sending to Codemasters, in my opinion I have always referred to the driving within a section and not in tests of this type which shows that something is missing in the differentials or in the torque of the engine.

something is missing in the differentials or in the torque of the engine
...or the tyre physics, or the physics in general... It's hard to understand how they went backwards from DR, which is the impression I'm getting from those of you that own it. (I'm still not planning to buy it any time soon.)

What classes are simulated properly in this game then? FWD? Though it would be interesting to run an R2 league now that I think about it. It would be like the Dmack fiesta trophy

For me the R2's are extremely fun to drive in D4, it does feel a bit strange in the start, but it is actually a very good experience. They seem like good cars, and behave largely like I would expect them to as well.
Not sure if this applies to the 205 GTi or the Kit Cars, as I have mostly been driving R2 or RX in D4.

Interesting analysis, worthy of sending to Codemasters, in my opinion I have always referred to the driving within a section and not in tests of this type which shows that something is missing in the differentials or in the torque of the engine.

While it's worth a shot, I don't think they will change much physic wise as this was a full release and not a work-in-progress as DiRT Rally was. Also, to be fair - it should be done better than just stitching things together like I've done :)

You're right, looking at the subject of clubs seems to me a fun alternative for the next championship since the time and climatic issue in the sections can be a great condition. As for Kit Cars cars, the truth is that they are very funny too.

Agreed. I just made this - it is not a complete analysis. And it's far from mean as a "RBR and DiRT Rally is superior in every way - D4 sucks". However, it shows how the Subaru Impreza 01 breaks traction in RBR, DiRT Rally, D4 and then some clips from real life, one with the 01 Impreza, one with an early Impreza WRC and one with the 95 model. Then the 01 Impreza real life powersliding, attempts to do that in D4 before ending off doing both exercises in D4, but with the Ibiza SuperCar RX - which actually works more like you would expect from 4WD cars.
There is also some setup fiddling with the 01 Impreza in D4 to try to force it to break traction easier, and more rear power. The rest, RBR, DR and Ibiza are default setup.

EDIT: Not much work have been done with the video either, I have just recorded some testing and mashed it together.
There is a reason that I've put it as unlisted :)

In my opinion the Subaru Impreza 01 in D4 is one of the most understeery cars in the game but this video do show that something IS wrong with ( most of ) the cars in D4 :-(((
Yes ofcourse u CAN make it better by doing some setup work but it isn't just that codies have made the cars drive more easily ( default ) for everyone IT IS a core problem :'-((( And current generation of drivers ( Like for example Neuville ) is driving with a lot of understeer and it is the fastest way but in D4 ALL the cars r setup (default) in that way and it just doesn't work. Try the Opel Kadett in DR and then in D4 in default and you know what I mean. At least u should have the possibility to go "bananas" :-D either way so to speak Fwd/Rwd...

Guys, we're still putting together the new championship (not yet clear if we'll go with DR or D4).

Meanwhile, on the back-end results-processing side, I have a technical niggle and I'm hoping that some of you reading this may know what's behind the issue... If you would like to help, then read on ;)

If you open the web page for the Dirt Rally events list you will see that by hovering your mouse pointer over a driver's name, you get a link. For most drivers, this takes you to their profile page. E.g. the driver "gheeD" who is currently leading today's daily event has a link like this:
https://www.dirtgame.com/racenet/1458196
The issue is that something like 30% of drivers do NOT have a link to their profiles, but simply a link back to the events page instead (https://www.dirtgame.com/events).

The reason I care about this is that we had hoped to get you all to tell us your profile ID (which is the number at the end of that URL above) so we can uniquely identify you even if your profile name changes.
I am totally unable to find a way to hide or show my own profile ID - it's always shown when I am listed in an event. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Perhaps D4 has added such a thing? (I don't own it.)

There is one other option up my sleeve to uniquely identify you all, but it's more grief (for you, mostly) so I'd rather not do it. I've not yet managed to make contact with Codemasters to put the question to them directly.

Information gratefully received! ;)

Do we know a rough estimate for the start date for the championship? With the ID number issue, are you sure it shows up for those who have never entered an online event? Maybe it is connected with that?

Do we know a rough estimate for the start date for the championship? With the ID number issue, are you sure it shows up for those who have never entered an online event? Maybe it is connected with that?
Yes, sounds plausible that they may not have signed up fully in some sense, but it's not a failure to ever enter an event as the place I'm actually seeing the missing ID is in the list of drivers in the daily/weekly events on the dirtgame site.
Example: driver "gudmundsson.33", who is currently showing as P8 on the weekly (R4 | Värmland, Sweden) event at https://www.dirtgame.com/events - if you hover over his name, no ID. Most of the others do have an ID...

Sorry - forgot to comment on your start date question. Basically I'm not gonna comment though (as it's not yet clear) ;) and will leave the main man @Ole Marius Myrvold to make a statement when he has one :thumbsup:

IS the ID linked to steam account numbers? Could be that those without an ID are on console? Or does it not go cross platform outside of the well organized event here at RD??

IS the ID linked to steam account numbers? Could be that those without an ID are on console? Or does it not go cross platform outside of the well organized event here at RD??
Dunno about Steam, but looking at the range of numbers, I'd guess not. And I think I can only see PC events without special mucking about (I don't think I've ever tried to see daily events for consoles, for example, and maybe that isn't even possible). So I think that link I posted is purely PC folk.

I am becoming resigned to having to use my faffy work-around. Bah. Will give it some more thought... (and I will try one more time to contact Codies!)

Dunno about Steam, but looking at the range of numbers, I'd guess not. And I think I can only see PC events without special mucking about (I don't think I've ever tried to see daily events for consoles, for example, and maybe that isn't even possible). So I think that link I posted is purely PC folk.

I am becoming resigned to having to use my faffy work-around. Bah. Will give it some more thought... (and I will try one more time to contact Codies!)

Just thinking along here. The people without an id, maybe they have not set up a profile to join a club? I think you can do challenges without making an account on the dirt website. But if you want to join a club/league, you need to sign up and quite possibly get an id number.
ps: i can't locate my profile on dirt 4 website, and at dirt 4 daily's, you cannot click any name. So i guess no profile for dirt 4. Or quite possibly no id number, or maybe just behind the scenes.

edit: i checked the rdrc league "standings" and i did not encounter a person without an id. There were some missing from the top 120 though. Left the league i guess, between 40 and 60 for example around 8 people missing.

Last edited:
Just thinking along here. The people without an id, maybe they have not set up a profile to join a club? I think you can do challenges without making an account on the dirt website. But if you want to join a club/league, you need to sign up and quite possibly get an id number.
ps: i can't locate my profile on dirt 4 website, and at dirt 4 daily's, you cannot click any name. So i guess no profile for dirt 4. Or quite possibly no id number, or maybe just behind the scenes.

edit: i checked the rdrc league "standings" and i did not encounter a person without an id. There were some missing from the top 120 though. Left the league i guess, between 40 and 60 for example around 8 people missing.
Yeah, still not sure what's going on. The missing people from the RDRC standings has me confused as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%